ADVERTISEMENT

Which elite athlete’s career do you wish wasn’t shortened?

Pick 2- Who do you wish had “those years” back to play?

• Barry Sanders

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • Tiger Woods

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Ken Griffey Jr.

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Bo Jackson

Votes: 58 60.4%
  • Michael Phelps

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mario Lemieux

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Eric Lindross

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Andrew Luck

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Derek Rose

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Michael Jordan (two retirement years that let Rockets win)

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters
Pierce wasn't alone . Iowa during the Alford years seemed to have an issue with TO's. It's maddening to watch a team beat itself consistently.
I don’t have anything nice to say so I’ll just keep my mouth shut.

Most of this list actually had fairly normal length careers.

I'd say the guy that most screams out 'what if' is probably lemieux. As much as my canadian buddy yammers on about Bobby Orr being the greatest player ever, and of course Gretzky's goals and assist numbers have been the standard, lemieux is near the top of most stat lists with like 2/3 the career games of everybody around him.

Bob Horner of the Braves. He was destined for a lot of homers in his career until hit by a pitch and breaking the navicular bone in his wrist. Was never close to what he was before.

There's only one correct answer and that is Tiger Woods.
Tiger Woods’ back injury was inevitable. He probably could have gone longer if he hadn’t decided to juice up and go all Navy SEAL, but he had an incredibly violent swing. It was going to catch up with him.

I’ll say this forever, The 2000 US Open was the greatest golf ever played.

I went with Bo Jackson. How Calvin Johnson isn't on there I'm not sure for modern players.

For history purposes Ted Williams. Wonder what his stats would look like if he didn't miss something like 4 years in his prime to be a fighter pilot in the war.

I went with Bo Jackson. How Calvin Johnson isn't on there I'm not sure for modern players.

For history purposes Ted Williams. Wonder what his stats would look like if he didn't miss something like 4 years in his prime to be a fighter pilot in the war.
I never watched him play but people say Gale Sayers was incredible before his knee injury, and if today's medicine were available, he very well could have had a good career post injury.

Reactions: beanerhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT