ADVERTISEMENT

Which HROTer has been most gifted, and which the most shafted, by the Sports Gods? (Survey)

Menace Sockeyes

HB Legend
Sep 2, 2010
Only pro sports. You have to give your top team in each of the “Big 5” pro leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS...don’t be triggered), and one more obscure sports team you follow/ed (arena football, arena soccer, lacrosse, etc.) and add up their championships SINCE YOU BEGAN FOLLOWING THEM. Let’s see the lowest and highest number (I bet I am at or near the bottom)...

Here are mine:

Majors:
NFL - Lions 0
MLB - White Sox 1
NBA - Pistons 2 (Don’t remember ‘89)
NHL - Blackhawks 3
MLS - Fire 2 (1 MLS Cup + 1 Supporters Shield)

Obscure:
Detroit Rockers/Neon/Ignition & then Cedar Rapids Rampage (indoor soccer) - 1

Total = 9

Last edited:
I kind of stopped following the Fire but I certainly followed them their first and 2nd year and so a championship there.

Didn't start following the Colts til Luck was drafted so wasn't really a fan during any of their championship seasons.

Problem with this that the less teams you follow/have followed the championships are likely. Not everyone follows a team in every league.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I follow college more than pro, but not a bandwagon fan.

Bears, NBA blows, KC Royals

I kind of stopped following the Fire but I certainly followed them their first and 2nd year and so a championship there.

Didn't start following the Colts til Luck was drafted so wasn't really a fan during any of their championship seasons.

Problem with this that the less teams you follow/have followed the championships are likely. Not everyone follows a team in every league.

Yep. I knew this one would definitely be for sports fanatics. How about an alternate score could be your top three teams’ ALL-TIME titles?

Dolphins 2
Marlins 2
Panthers 0
NBA - don't care
MLS - don't care

FSU 3

End of exercise.
It’s hard to be a sports fan in Miami right now. I also don’t care about the NBA. The Fins are like being married to a woman that is completely average looking, average cooking skills, and let’s you have sex twice a year

Suns: 0
Chiefs: 1
Cubs: 1

It’s hard to be a sports fan in Miami right now. I also don’t care about the NBA. The Fins are like being married to a woman that is completely average looking, average cooking skills, and let’s you have sex twice a year

The Dolphins are like a Santa story where the Santa only gets the requested amount.

NBA - Celtics 6
NHL - Red Wings 4
NFL - Raiders 3
MLB - Cubs 1

Major:
NFL- Bucs: 1
NBA- Suns: 0
MLB- Cubs: 1
NHL- Bruins: 1
MLS- LAFC: 0

Obscure:
Super Rugby- Waikato (Gallagher) Chiefs: 2
Major League Rugby- San Diego Legion: 0

Total: 3 (I didn't follow rugby back when the Chiefs won those two chips).

Admittedly I don't follow the smaller leagues. Grew up going to a lot of Wisconsin Timber Rattler games but was loyal to the Quad City River Bandits.

NFL - Patriots - 6
MLB - Cubs - 1
NBA - Don't follow the NBA
NHL - Avalanche - 2
MLS - Don't follow

So total = 9

Don't forget she's got herpes, as well.

Only pro sports. You have to give your top team in each of the “Big 5” pro leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS...don’t be triggered), your favorite minor league teams in each sport, and one more obscure sports team you follow/ed (arena football, arena soccer, lacrosse, etc.) and add up their championships SINCE YOU BEGAN FOLLOWING THEM. Let’s see the lowest and highest number (I bet I am at or near the bottom)...

Here are mine:

Majors:
NFL - Lions 0
MLB - White Sox 1
NBA - Pistons 2 (Don’t remember ‘89)
NHL - Blackhawks 3
MLS - Fire 2 (1 MLS Cup + 1 Supporters Shield)

Minor:
Cedar Rapids Kernels (formerly Reds) - 2
Cedar Rapids Roughriders - 1
Cedar Rapids Silver Bullets/Sharpshooters - 1
Des Moines Menace - 1

Obscure:
Detroit Rockers/Neon/Ignition & then Cedar Rapids Rampage (indoor soccer) - 1

Total = 14
I really only care about the NBA out of all of that. And I’m a Lakers fan. So 5.

NFL: Kansas City Chiefs 1 (2020)
NBA: Boston Celtics 1 (2008)
MLB: Boston Red Sox 4 (2004, 2007, 2013, 2018)
NHL: Boston Bruins 1 (2011)

Total: 7

(I was born in July of '81. The Celtics won a few weeks before I was born and in '84 and '86. If we were doing my lifetime, you can add two to my total. Three if you're pro-life :))

Kansas City Chiefs = 2
St. Louis Cardinals = 3
Kentucky Colonels = 1
San Antonio Spurs = 5
St. Louis Blues = 1

NFL - Cowboys - 5
MLB - Rangers - 0 (been to two, lost both)
NBA - Mavericks - 1
NHL - Stars - 1
MLS - Dallas Burn/FC Dallas - 1 supporters shield, 0 MLS cups

Total = 8

Majors:
NFL - Vikings 0 (sad face)
MLB - None. Lol at MLB
NBA - ** (see below)
NHL - Anaheim Ducks 1 (2007)
MLS - Minnesota United (too new to win a title yet)

Minor:
No one cares about Minor League sports. Not really, anyway.

Obscure:
Iowa Barnstormers- 1

So........2, I guess?

I'm kind of a Timberwolves fan, and was a Bulls fan when I still cared about the NBA as a kid. Didn't bandwagon to the Bulls really, as they had only just won their first title in 1991, and I didn't even understand that at the time. I just know that B.J. Armstrong played for Iowa, and the Bulls, and I got an autographed mini-basketball from him, so I was a Bulls fan.

But I won't count the 6 titles they won in the '90s since I really don't follow the NBA anymore.

Suns: 0
Chiefs: 1
Cubs: 1

The Dolphins are like a Santa story where the Santa only gets the requested amount.
I'm a Suns fan. I know anything is possible, but I'm not holding my breath to see them win one. They did get close a couple times with Nash, but still.

Reactions: Moral
MLB - Cubs 1
NFL - Bears 1
NBA - Bulls 6 (don't care about the NBA anymore)
NHL - Blackhawks 3
MLS - no clue

Minor leagues - I think I remember the CR Reds (now Kernels) winning one when I was in high school in the early 90s. It was pretty cool with a high school football game being played at Kingston Stadium while minor league playoff baseball was being played next door at Vets Memorial

Reactions: VicHawkeye
I took out my minor league ones. My updated total is 9. Middle of the pack. Currently, @SSG T and @CarolinaHawkeye have experienced the most sports joy with 14 and 16 respectively so far. @Moral and @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset are the adults here that have experienced the most fan futility.

Major:
Obscure:
Super Rugby- Waikato (Gallagher) Chiefs: 2
Major League Rugby- San Diego Legion: 0

Total: 3 (I didn't follow rugby back when the Chiefs won those two chips).
I owned a Wellington Hurricanes jersey back as a high school player in the late '90s. I only bought it because Ford was the jersey sponsor and my car was a Taurus. Now, I kind of follow the Otago Highlanders and the Chiefs as well. Chiefs are the smallest metro area to have a Super Rugby team, I believe.

Still waiting for an MLR team in at least a border state. First one here becomes my new "obscure" team I follow closely. In the meantime, I go for the Colorado Raptors with the three Iowa connections on the team. They may become my de facto team the more MLR drags its feet. We've been on the losing end of the last two finals, amigo.

MLB - Cubs 1
NFL - Bears 1
NBA - Bulls 6 (don't care about the NBA anymore)
NHL - Blackhawks 3
MLS - no clue

Minor leagues - I think I remember the CR Reds (now Kernels) winning one when I was in high school in the early 90s. It was pretty cool with a high school football game being played at Kingston Stadium while minor league playoff baseball was being played next door at Vets Memorial

Looks like you need to pick up the Fire (there's a few of us here). Just in time for their move back to Soldier Field and their new deal with WGN. :cool:

I took out my minor league ones. My updated total is 9. Middle of the pack. Currently, @SSG T and @CarolinaHawkeye have experienced the most sports joy with 14 and 16 respectively so far. @Moral and @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset are the adults here that have experienced the most fan futility.

I owned a Wellington Hurricanes jersey back as a high school player in the late '90s. I only bought it because Ford was the jersey sponsor and my car was a Taurus. Now, I kind of follow the Otago Highlanders and the Chiefs as well. Chiefs are the smallest metro area to have a Super Rugby team, I believe.

Still waiting for an MLR team in at least a border state. First one here becomes my new "obscure" team I follow closely. In the meantime, I go for the Colorado Raptors with the three Iowa connections on the team. They may become my de facto team the more MLR drags its feet. We've been on the losing end of the last two finals, amigo.
I know how to pick 'em.....:cool:

NFL: Atlanta Falcons (since back in the Deion Sanders, Andre Rison, Jessie Tuggle days) - 0

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers - 0

NHL: Detroit Red Wings - 0
I didn't necessarily have a favorite NHL team. I liked watching hockey but didn't have a connection to any one particular team. my girlfriend (no pics) is from Michigan, so that is my adopted NHL team for the last few seasons. of course they suck when I start following them closely.

NBA: n/a.

MLS: n/a

MILB: Cedar Rapids Kernels: 0

USHL: Cedar Rapids Roughriders: 1

MLB: Cardinals - 2 (I was born in 1982 so I guess I won't count that one)
NFL: Stl Rams - 1
NHL: Blues - 1
NBA: Don't Follow
MLS: Really? Soccer? I've never heard of the "Big 5" of pro sports. Quit trying to make it happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT