ADVERTISEMENT

White students as young as 6 being taught "white priviledge"

I'd like to see the actual curriculum on this....

Johnny doesn't have shopkeepers follow him around in the store, but Jamal does.

Jane sees people who look like her on TV, but Tashequa does not.

Timmy doesn't have to worry about being accosted by the police, but Tyrell must be careful.

White women don't clutch their purses when Jimmy gets on the elevator, but they do when Lebron does.

Blah, blah, blah. I don't understand how this would help anybody.

little Tommy has two parents that focus on education and doing good in the community.

little Jamal lives with his grandma because his dad was killed in a gang shooting and mom gone. Grandma works most of the time and doesn't focus on Jamals education.

Little tommy suffers from white privilege because he has two parents in the house and is forced to get this education. this will haunt him for life

No, it's not an argument at all. How dense does someone have to be to not see that this exists? Maybe you don't give a shit, but that doesn't mean white privilege doesn't exist.

So, I'm more privileged than Will Smith?

I have it better than Michelle Obama?

I am superior to Kanye West?

GTFO with your nonsense. Maybe that was the case when blacks could only go to negro colleges. But it's not the case today. In many cases, blacks have MORE societal support than whites do (see: affirmative action, community development programs, race-based scholarships and grants, etc., etc., etc.).

Frankly, I find this whole idea to be extremely offensive, but whites don't have the "privilege" to be offended like blacks do.

While I find the practice disturbing it's a private school. So if they feel this is what is needed they have every right. Take your kids out if you disagree. If trying to work with the school on changing the practice doesn't work.

While I find the practice disturbing it's a private school. So if they feel this is what is needed they have every right. Take your kids our if you disagree. If trying to work with the school on changing the practice doesn't work.

It's not about this particular school. It's about this offensive concept in the first place and the agitators who push this racist idea on society.

Reactions: Mattski

GTFO with your nonsense. Maybe that was the case when blacks could only go to negro colleges. But it's not the case today. In many cases, blacks have MORE societal support than whites do (see: affirmative action, community development programs, race-based scholarships and grants, etc., etc., etc.).

Frankly, I find this whole idea to be extremely offensive, but whites don't have the "privilege" to be offended like blacks do.

If blacks have all the same resources as whites without having to worry about meaningful discrimination, why is it that the average black family earns so much less than the average white family? Are blacks just worst people with an inferior culture? Are they all so stupid they can't see that they're brainwashed?

Good for them,this practice should be more wide spread.
---------------------------------------------------
Really? Good for them? you read the following and thought this should be done more?

"The program, these parents say, deliberately instills in white children a strong sense of guilt about their race. Some kids come home in tears, saying, “I’m a bad person.”"

They teach white kids that they were born racist? What a bunch of crap.

It's not about this particular school. It's about this offensive concept in the first place and the agitators who push this racist idea on society.
Without a doubt it is sickening. But this is a private school. You can argue all day how awful this practice is. And I will completely agree with you. But they are choosing to send their kids there. That should not be ignored.

If blacks have all the same resources as whites without having to worry about meaningful discrimination, why is it that the average black family earns so much less than the average white family? Are blacks just worst people with an inferior culture? Are they all so stupid they can't see that they're brainwashed?

Seriously? Teaching children that they're not as privileged as the white folk will somehow improve those averages????

Does discrimination happen? You betcha. Happens to white people, too. If you don't believe me, take a stroll through the black part of town and see if you're not being "observed" everywhere you go, much like the black person in the store.

Reactions: 1inamillion

Interesting perspective.

Reactions: artradley
-----------------------------------

If Mississippians have all the same resources as Iowans without having to worry about meaningful discrimination, why is it that the average Mississippian family earns so much less than the average Iowan family? Are Mississippians just worst people with an inferior culture? Are they all so stupid they can't see that they're brainwashed?

Simplistic argument; but so was yours.

Seriously? Teaching children that they're not as privileged as the white folk will somehow improve those averages????

Does discrimination happen? You betcha. Happens to white people, too. If you don't believe me, take a stroll through the black part of town and see if you're not being "observed" everywhere you go, much like the black person in the store.

Do you really believe there's some kind of equivalency here? Sure, discrimination against a white person is just as bad as discrimination against anyone else. But on a societal level, you must not understand the concept of power.

Reactions: artradley

Lucky for me I don't have to go to the black part of town. I guess the blacks don't have to come to the white part of town if they don't want to be discriminated by us white people.

-----------------------------------

If Mississippians have all the same resources as Iowans without having to worry about meaningful discrimination, why is it that the average Mississippian family earns so much less than the average Iowan family? Are Mississippians just worst people with an inferior culture? Are they all so stupid they can't see that they're brainwashed?

Simplistic argument; but so was yours.

The difference is that there is plenty of actual research on white privelege, income disparities, etc, whereas your retort was simply something you thought was clever.

Are Mississippians just worst people with an inferior culture? Are they all so stupid they can't see that they're brainwashed?

I think everybody would agree this is true. I dont even think people from Mississippi would disagree with this (the ones that could read it and no what all the words mean).

No, it's not an argument at all. How dense does someone have to be to not see that this exists? Maybe you don't give a shit, but that doesn't mean white privilege doesn't exist.

How dense does one have to be to not see that it is also being used as a political weapon...its a lot like religion in that sense.

How dense does one have to be to not see that it is also being used as a political weapon...its a lot like religion in that sense.

So you concede that it exists, but don't think anything should be done to curb it, because it's a "political weapon".

I believe the lack off the father in many black families is the root cause of many problems. No one is causing a man to have unprotected sex with 10 women thus resulting in 10 children. Condoms are a resource that is available to everyone. Education is a resource that is available to everyone. The fatherless homes and lack of accountability are a crushing blow.

I believe the lack off the father in many black families is the root cause of many problems. No one is causing a man to have unprotected sex with 10 women thus resulting in 10 children. Condoms are a resource that is available to everyone. Education is a resource that is available to everyone. The fatherless homes and lack of accountability are a crushing blow.

So in your mind it's just a personal responsibility thing. In that case, why are blacks so much more irresponsible than whites?

Are white people responsible for a culture that glamorizes gangsters and whores?

Are white people responsible for a culture that says pants should be three sizes too large?

Are white people responsible for a culture that blames all society's ills on... white people?

Last edited:

Single Mothers.

That has nothing to do with White privilege. It has everything to do with not using birth control or having abortions.

http://newsone.com/1195075/children-single-parents-u-s-american/

Reactions: iammrhawkeyes
So in your mind it's just a personal responsibility thing. In that case, why are blacks so much more irresponsible than whites?

The problem I brought up (sex without consequences and fatherless homes) may be something that is now culturally engrained. Many societies across the world have norms that other groups consider inappropriate, unsafe, unhealthy, etc...

Now that doesn't mean it can't change. But instead of blaming others for the problem, perhaps looking inward would result in productive outcomes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT