ADVERTISEMENT

Whitlock: NCAA using DEI to bust Caitlin Clark's and Iowa's WBB bracket

This probably one of the few cases where I'd prefer an AI program replacing the Human Committee.

Instead of using a group of people that may share or are sucked into group think of bias, jealousies, personal agendas (including rewards) it would be a program (AI) based on rules of selection...nothing to do with creating drama or rematches or vendettas.

This committee understood that Iowas achilles heal is the post. Big posts cause problems for Iowa and they loaded Iowas's region with teams that have really good big post and front courts.

ND on the other side of SC has injury issues....they probably will never make it to play SC. Would have liked to see ND instead of LSU/UCLA. OU instead of K-st....OU is better than K-st but it would have been nice to see OU coach (former Iowa player Jennie Baranczyk who Bluder coached in her first season). The Sooners under Baranczyk won the Big12 regular season and they are up temp and have nice personalities....like Iowa. The committee were too focused on ways to trip Iowa than game of potential of interest. and good story lines.

Speaking of Notre Dame....

Charlie Creme does the Women's Bracketology for ESPN. His final predictions on where the Top 16 teams would land are in the left column; what happened is in the right column.

As you can see below, he had #2 UCLA, #3 Notre Dame and #4 Colorado in Iowa's region.

The 4 Brackets & Top 16 Teams:

ESPN Prediction...ACTUAL

Albany 1

1. South Carolina...South Carolina
2. Ohio State..........Notre Dame
3. Oregon State......
Oregon State
4. Virginia Tech......INDIANA

Portland 4

1. USC.....................Texas
2. Texas..................Stanford
3. NC State............NC State
4. Indiana...............Gonzaga

Portland 3
1. Stanford.............USC
2. LSU.....................Ohio State
3. UCONN..............UConn
4. Gonzaga............Virginia Tech

Albany 2

1. IOWA .................IOWA
2. UCLA..................UCLA
3. Notre Dame......LSU
4. Colorado............Kansas State

I'm sure other fan bases are whining and crying too about being in "the toughest region". They all look tough to me and it is splitting straws to say "Iowa got ripped". I don't see it. Shut up and play ball. Don't be cry babies.

UCLA and LSU have to play each other before playing Iowa. That should be a dogfight and leave them mentally and physically exhausted. I see this potentially helping Iowa.

Not only that but one also knew that they would have Van Lith playing against Louisville. There have been a helluva lot of coincidences in the brackets that tell us the committees set potential matchups on purpose. I question the rubber match against KSU also.

They do it every year and deny it. ISU opens with SDSU....Otzelbergers former team now coached by his former assistant.

Seriously, He is right...

Why is it so hard for some to admit the Hawks got screwed? Now, they still have to play the games, but the committee did not do the Hawks or themselves any favors by putting Iowa in a position where they will have a tougher road to the final 4. Caitlin IS the draw right now for viewership. It is that simple and anyone who denies it is an idiot.
The ratings will tell the truth once the women are out.
I hope they don't lose to KSU but it would prove she's the golden goose.

UCLA and LSU have to play each other before playing Iowa. That should be a dogfight and leave them mentally and physically exhausted. I see this potentially helping Iowa.
Correct - and some of the polls have Kansas State as the 17th best team in the tournament. That means at best Iowa got the worst 4th seed. I don't think the bracket is as bad as some think. Iowa doesn't have to play them all. If they shoot the ball at least to their average, they will make it at least to the Elite Eight. If not, they could get upset and better luck next year.

exactly- you only have to play one of them, not both. dont see iowa getting screwed and whitlock brings race into everything just to get clicks. sick of the far right and far left.

Seriously, He is right...

Why is it so hard for some to admit the Hawks got screwed? Now, they still have to play the games, but the committee did not do the Hawks or themselves any favors by putting Iowa in a position where they will have a tougher road to the final 4. Caitlin IS the draw right now for viewership. It is that simple and anyone who denies it is an idiot.
They're setting it up so that they can make JuJu the next big star.

Unfortunately they are gonna force it on everyone, just like LeBron as the heir apparent to Jordan, and it won't work as well this time around.

The ratings will tell the truth once the women are out.
I hope they don't lose to KSU but it would prove she's the golden goose.
I am done watching the women's tourney when Iowa is out. If I was a betting man, I would bet the eyeballs watching the women will drop dramatically as soon as CC /Iowa are out of the tourney as well. JMO

It’s funny, I think Whitlock originally had an anti-CC take like a few months or a year ago, assuming that would land big with his audience. When that didn’t work, its looked like he’s now pivoted to pro-CC DEI takes.

Whitlock, Clay Travis, Jemelle Hill - the best thing America can do is ignore all of them and realize they are trying to generate views. I realize I’m doing the opposite by commenting here but not watching Whitlock’s video. Keep your politics (ON EITHER SIDE!!!) out of my sports.
ESPN is who put politics in sports. I recall Mississippi State making the comment, in public, that Iowa was the whitest team they played (football). Yet, no one said hiss about that.

If we want "equality" as the Left screams about, then the only fair way to do that is by population %. So every sport, job, what have you must represent the % of population in the US. Yes that means that every sports team must be made up of 68% white, 16% hispanic, 14% black, 2% asian...

Woke and the Lefts "they, them, offended, entitled, reparations" attitude is why we are even talking about this shite.

You can't really prove or disprove any of that...

My view, when you get to the tourney, you have to beat the best. You don't worry about things like your draw, you just play in front of you, and you have to be the best at every step.

Just play.

I do hope the officials allow the games to play out naturally though.

Iowa is in a tough bracket but Iowa should be able to beat all of the teams they play up until the elite 8 pretty easily. If they play well, they will win those games, especially the ones in Iowa City. Once they get to the elite 8, unless there was a huge upset or something they were going to be playing a tough team no matter what. I mean, I guess us fans can keep complaining about it but hopefully the ladies on the team just accept it and focus on dealing with the team in front of them. Bluder has shown herself to be an excellent coach and with the possible exception of the game at Nebraska had about as flawless of a season as you can imagine. Even she can't stop teams from having an off night. She'll have them focused and ready to go.

ESPN is who put politics in sports. I recall Mississippi State making the comment, in public, that Iowa was the whitest team they played (football). Yet, no one said hiss about that.

If we want "equality" as the Left screams about, then the only fair way to do that is by population %. So every sport, job, what have you must represent the % of population in the US. Yes that means that every sports team must be made up of 68% white, 16% hispanic, 14% black, 2% asian...

Woke and the Lefts "they, them, offended, entitled, reparations" attitude is why we are even talking about this shite.
Absolutely dead on!!

You don't believe DEI is anti-white? Demented is a good word, but not for Whitlock.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Warning On Air GIF by Adult Swim

You can't really prove or disprove any of that...

My view, when you get to the tourney, you have to beat the best. You don't worry about things like your draw, you just play in front of you, and you have to be the best at every step.

Just play.

I do hope the officials allow the games to play out naturally though.
Would you feel the same way if Iowa was the only 1 seed that had to play a 5 seed in the 1st Rd and then South Carolina in the 2nd Rd, USC in the Sweet 16, UConn in the Elite 8, Drake in the Final Four and LSU automatically gifted a spot in the national championship game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT