ADVERTISEMENT

Whitlock: NCAA using DEI to bust Caitlin Clark's and Iowa's WBB bracket

I'm sure other fan bases are whining and crying too about being in "the toughest region". They all look tough to me and it is splitting straws to say "Iowa got ripped". I don't see it. Shut up and play ball. Don't be cry babies.
I don't know about fan bases, BUT ever sports show I've seen has said that Iowa got the toughest bracket by far, and questioned why it was set up that way. Its not just Iowa fans saying this whole thing looks contrived....

They're setting it up so that they can make JuJu the next big star.

Unfortunately they are gonna force it on everyone, just like LeBron as the heir apparent to Jordan, and it won't work as well this time around.
Absolutely. There's already multiple people talking about her being a shoe in to break Clark records, like you can forecast that three years ahead of time.

ESPN is who put politics in sports. I recall Mississippi State making the comment, in public, that Iowa was the whitest team they played (football). Yet, no one said hiss about that.

If we want "equality" as the Left screams about, then the only fair way to do that is by population %. So every sport, job, what have you must represent the % of population in the US. Yes that means that every sports team must be made up of 68% white, 16% hispanic, 14% black, 2% asian...

Woke and the Lefts "they, them, offended, entitled, reparations" attitude is why we are even talking about this shite.
I never said anything about equality. I’m just trying to watch basketball. You and the people you are complaining about are all annoying losers as far as I’m concerned.

Wow looks like I pushed the MAGA buttons
Nah - really what was exposed are the closet racists who don't think a black man can think in ways different than what is expected. You know, the one's who don't think blacks and other minorities are capable of using the internet or being able to obtain a legal ID. Those kind of racists.

DEI isn't anti-white. Its purpose is to address inequities against groups that have been excluded and/or treated less than fairly in our past (and often present).
You keep believing that. When ANY race is intentionally singled out as not having the same opportunity as any other - that is anti-whatever you want to put there. Let's see how this need for diversity affects the medical field. I'm sure you will all be saying how important it is when it's time for your own surgery.

Nah - really what was exposed are the closet racists who don't think a black man can think in ways different than what is expected. You know, the one's who don't think blacks and other minorities are capable of using the internet or being able to obtain a legal ID. Those kind of racists.
1000% correct

Reactions: TRE 12
You keep believing that. When ANY race is intentionally singled out as not having the same opportunity as any other - that is anti-whatever you want to put there. Let's see how this need for diversity affects the medical field. I'm sure you will all be saying how important it is when it's time for your own surgery.
Nice bit of racism there...

I think it's a good thing when the medical field and other fields are open to all who are interested and who have or can acquire the requisite skills and knowledge in their respective fields.

Tough region for all the teams, not just Iowa. Teams need to shoot well 3-4 games in a row to survive this region, especially Iowa. Some of the bigger teams will be better than the Hawks, so their 3pt. shooting needs to be sharp. Bigger teams will shut down Iowa's inside game. One bad shooting night and they go home.

I am done watching the women's tourney when Iowa is out. If I was a betting man, I would bet the eyeballs watching the women will drop dramatically as soon as CC /Iowa are out of the tourney as well. JMO
I couldn't agree more. It will be interesting to compare this year's final four viewership versus last year with the absence of cc and Iowa.

Do you have any evidence of a profession that was closed to qualified candidates?

Or just conspiracy theories?
You're kidding, I hope. Until the '60s, many colleges wouldn't even accept blacks as students, let alone in specific majors. For most of our nation's history, the same was true of women. Then, when colleges did start to accept these underrepresented groups, it didn't automatically result in every young person being able to pursue their dream. Some maybe didn't even have that dream because it wasn't on their radar; they'd never seen someone like them in that profession, or someone guiding them didn't mention it as a possibility to them. Some had that dream, but it was/is more challenging for them to achieve it. Yeah, there are need based scholarships, but the average white family has $240,000 more wealth than the average black family. (www.brookings.edu/articles/black-wealth-is-increasing-but-so-is-the-racial-wealth-gap) It's generally financially easier for a white teen/young adult to pursue a college dream, entrepreneurial dream, etc. Their family can more easily help with a car, housing, child care, emergencies, etc. Or, let's look at a single female parent who decides she wants to pursue college compared to a single male parent. Single male parents have 8 times more wealth than single female parents. (www.nasdaq.com/articles/single-fathers-have-8-times-more-wealth-than-single-mothers-data-shows) Even if qualified, the opportunities aren't always possible. Just a couple examples.

You're kidding, I hope. Until the '60s, many colleges wouldn't even accept blacks as students, let alone in specific majors. For most of our nation's history, the same was true of women. Then, when colleges did start to accept these underrepresented groups, it didn't automatically result in every young person being able to pursue their dream. Some maybe didn't even have that dream because it wasn't on their radar; they'd never seen someone like them in that profession, or someone guiding them didn't mention it as a possibility to them. Some had that dream, but it was/is more challenging for them to achieve it. Yeah, there are need based scholarships, but the average white family has $240,000 more wealth than the average black family. (www.brookings.edu/articles/black-wealth-is-increasing-but-so-is-the-racial-wealth-gap) It's generally financially easier for a white teen/young adult to pursue a college dream, entrepreneurial dream, etc. Their family can more easily help with a car, housing, child care, emergencies, etc. Or, let's look at a single female parent who decides she wants to pursue college compared to a single male parent. Single male parents have 8 times more wealth than single female parents. (www.nasdaq.com/articles/single-fathers-have-8-times-more-wealth-than-single-mothers-data-shows) Even if qualified, the opportunities aren't always possible. Just a couple examples.
over 60 years ago, geez

It's 2024.

The rest of this is not what I asked for.

Oh my dude I honestly feel sorry for your parents. How sad they must be that you turned out so fockin stupid. Holy hell how could you think things are better now. No hope for you buddy
Yep. You fit my description. Read the facts. You’ve been lied to so much you don’t know which end is up. Get out of your cult while you can…

This grifter needs to keep Caitlin's name out of his mouth

Will Smith Reaction GIF by saschamoellersde
what’s your problem? don’t like the truth?

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
It's 2024.

The rest of this is not what I asked for.
Yeah, I know the year. I also know that centuries of discrimination against groups of people don't disappear in a few decades. You, obviously, don't grasp that. But it's very true. Blacks were enslaved longer on this continent longer than they've been free. And even after being freed were discriminated against, lynched, terrorized, etc. Women, even in 2024, still earn 16% less than men for the same work. But again, for some reason, you can't grasp that. Another group, LGBT, are homeless at a higher rate, live in poverty at a higher rate, drop out of HS more often, and attend college at a lower rate than peers, typically due to being estranged from their families because their families kick them out or they leave home due to harsh parenting. Typically no fault of their own other than being who they are. Often, they're discriminated against by their teachers and counselors at school. The very people they should be able to count on the most - parents and educators - often reject them. Awareness of these struggles can help us do better by these groups, and we should do better.

You may not have asked for this much info, but I think it can benefit you.

It’s funny, I think Whitlock originally had an anti-CC take like a few months or a year ago, assuming that would land big with his audience. When that didn’t work, its looked like he’s now pivoted to pro-CC DEI takes.

Whitlock, Clay Travis, Jemelle Hill - the best thing America can do is ignore all of them and realize they are trying to generate views. I realize I’m doing the opposite by commenting here but not watching Whitlock’s video. Keep your politics (ON EITHER SIDE!!!) out of my sports.

Yep. You fit my description. Read the facts. You’ve been lied to so much you don’t know which end is up. Get out of your cult while you can…

LMAO…..have a bridge I would like to sell you.

US Crime rate ? Just veca3use they dont prosecute anyone or count illegal alien crime. Have to really dig to get a news story of an illegal doing something wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT