ADVERTISEMENT

Whitlock: WNBA will destroy Caitlin

He isn't wrong and we have heard from WNBA players this weekend and know just how they feel...jealous Btches!
It has been bizarre how many of the WNBA veterans resent her. You'd think they want to use her to sell the WNBA and elevate the brand. Instead it's one snarky comment after another. Nobody tears women down better than other women.
I think they need a reality TV show, Housewives of the WNBA.

With the offers she has from Barstool and the CEO3 she should cash in and do her own thing. Why get paid a small fraction of that to travel around all summer playing in half-empty arenas. (Yes, there will be sell outs the first year, but it'll drop off fast).

Take the 5-10M now. That's more than you'll make in an entire WNBA career. (top salary last year was $250K).
Oh yeah money over everything. Forget your dreams! You sound like you’d be a big LIV fan. Granted I watch plenty of it.

• Haha
Reactions: tweeterhawk
Who knew the guy with the FJB avatar would be racist?

Just to take your argument seriously for a second, what happened when Kelsey Plum or Sabrina Ionescu joined the league? They did just fine and led their teams to final appearances, don't believe the Fox News culture war headlines, they're just trying to sell you something.
Or Breanna Stewart?

• Love
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Or....

She moves on to the WNBA, boosts attendance throughout the league, while increasing television viewership 20x, saving the league, and goes down as one of the most important women's athletes in any sport, all-time.

I get the sense she is the type who would rather take that challenge on than the easy path Whitlock is selling to his audience.

She's built different.
The WNBA isn't blowing up. CC was a phenom in college because she was so dominant and she was approaching a huge record. She won't be that dominant in the WNBA. Even if she is a star...the WNBA just isn't a draw.

CC should take the offer from Barstool or Big3 make bank and have fun. She'll make more in one year than an entire career of wasted summers playing in half-empty arenas. But her stated dream is to play in the WNBA so she will.

Who the hell is Whitlock? Must be a dumbass.
i don't know who this is but if he is arguing that clark should return to iowa for another season in my book he is a top notch mind. in fact i encourage him to ask cooper dejean to do the same as well.
as a iowa fan it kind of sucks when the brightest lights leave early...cooper and clark in iowa uniforms for 2024-25 would be fantastic. if whitlock creates a gofundme page for this cause i will give him 20 bucks.

Politics aside. Agendas aside. He doesn’t know Caitlin. She is centered. She will be her own person without influence or persuasion by anyone. She will change the league, the league will not change her.
She's not changing the league and the league may not change her, but it's gonna beat the piss out of her. You're going to see a lot of physical defense trying to take her out of her game. Either the calls won't come and she'll get ripped for being soft (a lot of "told you so" from the WNBA vets) or she will get the calls and she'll be the villain again because she's getting protected by the league.

Rookie hazing begins? Whitlock may be on to something.
435921687_10230916841814034_4729055220118705813_n.jpg
This is pretty much like Michael Jordan's attitude about rookie Kobe Bryant. Jordan didn't like the hype about the young kid who hadn't yet proved himself at the highest level. I doubt it had anything to do with Bryant's race or sexuality.

She's not changing the league and the league may not change her, but it's gonna beat the piss out of her. You're going to see a lot of physical defense trying to take her out of her game. Either the calls won't come and she'll get ripped for being soft (a lot of "told you so" from the WNBA vets) or she will get the calls and she'll be the villain again because she's getting protected by the league.
Like tweeter said - we’ll see.

This junior high Mean Girls routine many of these veterans are putting on is not impressing anyone. Not that they can't be critical of her but the tone they have been using seems to be running far deeper than a critical analysis of statistics. She hasn't even been drafted yet and she's already been offered gigs from greener pastures that are offering her more money than the WNBA could hope to offer her. Her joining the league is the path they all need to raise their own value and the value of their own contracts. Right now they should be recruiting her instead of this juvenile bitch fest display they put on all weekend. And if they can't figure it out, act like Aaliyah Boston. She's been outstanding all year as a broadcaster and she really made them look like completely unprofessional morons last weekend.

I don’t know much about this Whitlock guy. Does anyone else feel like he is a publicity barnacle, attaching himself to Clark’s fame with hot political takes?

You really don't work with women, do you? Especially lesbians. Also, there is a reason why Chris Rock has an entire routine about how racist black women can be. How Clark feels isn't the issue - it's how they in the WNBA feel about her popularity and their pereceived reasons for it. Jealousy and pure dislike simply because she isn't from that crowd. You can claim Whitlock is an idiot all you want - he's not wrong here.

You are aware that Bird (Sue), Taurasi, and Delle Donne are all gay, correct?
However, if the WNBA players are smart they will accept Clark from the perspective of a financial benefit to the league.

Or....

She moves on to the WNBA, boosts attendance throughout the league, while increasing television viewership 20x, saving the league, and goes down as one of the most important women's athletes in any sport, all-time.

I get the sense she is the type who would rather take that challenge on than the easy path Whitlock is selling to his audience.

She's built different.

This plus a million. She is going to go and win championships and elevate the wnba. It will be glorious watching all these piece of shit old hats chiming in then.

I just don’t get all this hate for Caitlin. I don’t get at all. She has handled everything with dignity and grace. Better than any of these ****ing turds talking shit have.

Caitlin is built different. This crap is just going to fuel her fire. Bank on it.

And one last thing. Caitlin is a national phenom already regarding commercials. I have been seeing her in Denver for months. Even more since the tournament started. Also. The Denver sports media market was talking about Caitlin and the women’s tourney all day today. It was pretty crazy. They were blasting Diana for her comments.

I think the bigger difference in the WNBA, other than how individuals identify themselves, is the league is 83% women of color. There are between 120-144 players in the league. That means only 19-25 white players. I'm guessing there is quite a cultural difference in the league and it's possible to become a marked person, if they don't like you. I don't watch the WNBA, but I'm guessing like the NBA, it's not a finesse league and the refs let it get very physical.

She's 41. Good luck running with CC all night.

Her day on the court is coming to an end and she, and others, are pissed they never got the fan fare CC has.

Newsflash, some women hate other popular, successful women.
Am going to love Watchung Caitlin cook her this year.

Caitlin is a basketball player, she loves the game, it's at the core of her being and what makes her Caitlin F'n Clark ...she is not not going to test her abilities at the highest level if given the chance.

Reactions: Moral and littlez
It has been bizarre how many of the WNBA veterans resent her. You'd think they want to use her to sell the WNBA and elevate the brand. Instead it's one snarky comment after another. Nobody tears women down better than other women.
I think they need a reality TV show, Housewives of the WNBA.
She is white and likes men . Everything the WNBA hates.

Does she even need the wnba? She's a bankable star now. She could run a front office, go into coaching or be senior management anywhere. Connor doesn't hurt in that effort. I see her in the wnba as optional, if she wants it. No necessity like the naysayers.
She’s a basketball player. And she’s 22 years old. What are you even talking about? It’s her lifelong dream.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT