ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the worst owners in professional sports?

BrianNole09

HB Legend
May 8, 2005
I'm pretty sure the worst sports owner in American history is Daniel Snyder of the Washington Redskins.

He is just the worst human being, in so many ways. I know where his house is. I know people that know him. He is a midget egomaniac narcissist. Everyone that knows him, hates him. He made billions through telemarketing. It totally suits his personality.

The Redskins were awesome in the 80's and 90's and then he bought them and started bleeding them dry and they've sucked since then. He cycles through head coaches more than Donald Trump does White House advisers. Snyder doesn't know anything about football but thinks he does. He's like a fantasy football owner.

Snyder is only 53 years old, so he could easily own the team for another 30 years. He is the worst.

Who you got?

I'm pretty sure the worst sports owner in American history is Daniel Snyder of the Washington Redskins.

He is just the worst human being, in so many ways. I know where his house is. I know people that know him. He is a midget egomaniac narcissist. Everyone that knows him, hates him. He made billions through telemarketing. It totally suits his personality.

The Redskins were awesome in the 80's and 90's and then he bought them and started bleeding them dry and they've sucked since then. He cycles through head coaches more than Donald Trump does White House advisers. Snyder doesn't know anything about football but thinks he does. He's like a fantasy football owner.

Snyder is only 53 years old, so he could easily own the team for another 30 years. He is the worst.

Who you got?
Jerry Jones?

Reactions: BrianNole09
Sins of the father spilled down on this guy like lava.....

Owners-may-vote-next-week-on-Oakland-Raiders-proposed-Vegas-move.jpg

Who you got?

Nailed it. Most NFL owners are miserable human beings, but he is the "winner" for sure.

Reactions: BrianNole09
Pohlads That own twins.

Each year they generate all kinds of press on their new food offerings instead of trying to improve team.

They cried for a new stadium and since it opened that haven’t dont shit at trade deadlines or free agent market to actually try and win.

Who is the second worst owner in sports?
Jimmy Haslam has a record of 20-76 since buying the Brownies.....It doesn't get any worse than this.....does it?

Ehh it could be argued he's just continuing a great Browns tradition. It's not like the Browns where a great team before he took over.

Who you got?

I would probably go with him. Franchise QB's in the prime of their career rarely leave a team but the Redskins couldn't keep Kirk Cousins in Washington. Now either they low balled him for years and years or IMO the more likely explanation is that Kirk Cousins realized how messed up the management was of that team that he wouldn't accept any offer and was going to get the heck out, even if it took him 2 years on franchise tag.

Any other owner can hold onto a franchise QB in the prime of his career. Snyder is the only one that couldn't keep his man in house.

Last edited:
The lions have been owned by the ford family since taft.

We have one playoff win in 60 years....the browns have 5.

They employed Millen for 8 years.

Every other owner gets in line behind them
They have a Championship, though, back in about 57 or so.....I believe Bobby Lane was the QB. They smoked the Browns that year in the Championship game.

The lions have been owned by the ford family since taft.

We have one playoff win in 60 years....the browns have 5.

They employed Millen for 8 years.

Every other owner gets in line behind them

You are talking about an entire family while I think the intention is to highlight single owners.

However I have to agree. I don't understand how a organization that used to losing could fire a coach with a winning record. Then the guy they replaced him with is having sexual assault accusations rehashed and the NFL might come in and punish him.

They have a Championship, though, back in about 57 or so.....I believe Bobby Lane was the QB. They smoked the Browns that year in the Championship game.

Who cares. That's like Minnesota getting excited about its national championship, different time, different game that nobody remembers.

Who you got?
Snyder is hard to top.

Who you got?
as a life long Redskins fan I have to agree, wish that guy would just disappear.

He’s a great owner, but a terrible GM.
Jerry’s teams might not win playoff games, but the Cowboys pull in money by the metric ton. And most of his players like him.
That's because he allows 2 or 3 rapes per year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT