ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you think will refuse a Presidential debate?

Who do you think will refuse a Presidential debate?

• Biden will refuse.

• Trump will refuse.

• Both will decline.

• Both will agree to participate.

Results are only viewable after voting.

gohawks50

HR Legend
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2010
There is a lot of discussion about whether one candidate or the other will refuse to participate in a Presidential debate.

I think in the end both will participate, neither will want to be accused of being afraid to debate the other.

This there will be a debate just because it makes you look weak if you refuse.

I think there will only be one debate because neither sides strategists want either to spend much time speaking off the cuff.

Me. No way in hell I'm watching something so stupid. They aren't actual debates and haven't been for some time.

I guess back in 2008 there was a rule change that the candidates could start addressing one another whereas they were not allowed to do that before. I guess things have just devolved from there.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Me either, but do you think one or the other will refuse to debate?
Haven't they both already done so? I know it's the primaries, but as far as I'm concerned that counts. They either take part in the entire process and get credit, or don't.

It shouldn't be an a la carte process.

My bet is both will - for several obvious yet differing reasons.

At least IMHO that'd be the smart things for each to do.

Reactions: globalhawk
Trump would show up to debate Biden. Trump will not show up to debate anyone else. I don't know how the dems could let Biden up on a stage. JB is 3-5 minutes of going off the script from Dems realizing he needs help, not to be the leader of the free world.

I will say this, we the American people, Red, blue, independent deserve to hear our candidates talk about their plan.

Trump would show up to debate Biden. Trump will not show up to debate anyone else. I don't know how the dems could let Biden up on a stage. JB is 3-5 minutes of going off the script from Dems realizing he needs help, not to be the leader of the free world.

I will say this, we the American people, Red, blue, independent deserve to hear our candidates talk about their plan.

Hearing about plans certainly isn't done at debates anymore. They are basically sound bite competitions. Honestly, the debate format used for the most powerful job in the world is laughable and a bit embarrassing.

Last edited:
Team Trump will want a debate hoping for Joe to have some senior moments.

Team Biden will decline to avoid that possibility.

Biden has more to lose in a debate than Trump...pretty much comes down to that IMO.

Me. No way in hell I'm watching something so stupid. They aren't actual debates and haven't been for some time.
Could be somewhat entertaining listening to all the dumb shit trump has to say, and watching Biden try and mumble something out. Plus he could fall over again which is always entertaining.
It’s like a couple of clowns at a carnival

Could be somewhat entertaining listening to all the dumb shit trump has to say, and watching Biden try and mumble something out. Plus he could fall over again which is always entertaining.
People will say they won't watch but it'd probably pull some huge numbers.

Train wrecks are compelling viewing....

I prefer music, film and the occasional round of fortnite with my kids. Watching a latent fascist and a corpse audition for the most powerful position in the world is just depressing.

The only way trump would refuse would be if the moderators were leftists, like anyone from MSNBC, the hosts of The View, Anderson Cooper, etc.

They should use Chris Wallace. He hates trump but is professional enough to run a fair debate.

Honestly there's a 0% chance Biden would participate though.

Lol at anyone who thinks either candidate is going to duck out of debating the other. There has been at least two Presidential debates, and usually three, in every election that I can remember. And that includes 2016 when Trump debated Hillary three times and 2020 when Trump and Biden debated each other twice.

There’s no reason to think this election will be any different.

Last edited:
Reactions: gohawks50

Do you think Trump is going to do any better off script? I mean how many times did he blame Nikki Haley for Jan 6th?

Both are going to be rambling and it will be a mess.

Haven't they both already done so? I know it's the primaries, but as far as I'm concerned that counts. They either take part in the entire process and get credit, or don't.

It shouldn't be an a la carte process.

To be fair it's uncommon for a sitting president to debate primary opponents or even take them seriously. (Mostly because they arn't serious) So Biden not debating in the primary is normal.

We don't however have a modern day comparison with 1 term former president who lost the last election running for his party's nomination again.

Team Trump will want a debate hoping for Joe to have some senior moments.

Team Biden will decline to avoid that possibility.

Biden has more to lose in a debate than Trump...pretty much comes down to that IMO.
This is the correct answer.

To be fair it's uncommon for a sitting president to debate primary opponents or even take them seriously. (Mostly because they arn't serious) So Biden not debating in the primary is normal.

We don't however have a modern day comparison with 1 term former president who lost the last election running for his party's nomination again.

That's actually how I feel. I was being diplomatic to not upset the both sides posters that love to fight.

Reactions: gohawks50
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT