ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the Taylor/Stieber of this year?

Who is the Taylor/Stieber of this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LutherAce

HR All-American
Oct 31, 2002
The one that there is no doubt will win it all this year, with ease and competing is just the formality.

Actually, I'll go with Nickal. Nobody will touch him.

Yeah, Nolf. Super wrestler who just happens to have another super wrestler at his weight and will prevent him from a title.

Actually, I'll go with Nickal. Nobody will touch him.
Unless he gets Jackson right? Lol I honestly think Bo has the best chance of losing at Nationals out of the four PSU number 1's. I say four because I think Nolf will win it all aND i still have him at 1. I like Nickal and he looked really good against above average competition at 174 in the BIG. Meyer was the 2 seed so 174 was not the toughest class in the conference.

If Gwiz beats Snyder, I would go with Gwiz -- three time champ, undefeated the past two years, with a victory over the defending world champ at 211.

Sorry. I was answering the wrong question: Who would be OW? I see that the question is, who will cakewalk to the title? It won't be Gwiz with Snyder out there.

If you look at it I would say Dieringer, Retherford, Nickal is also a possibility. Nolf has Imar which is no breeze as he found out plus this match could be the best of the finals.

Really who gives a darn since it won't be a Hawkeye ;)
Unless Gillman takes down NaTo and then takes down Mega but maybe Dance will do that.

If you have Nolf on the list then you have to have IMar on the list.

Nickal has a built in advantage with 174 being such a weak weight. I just don't see what some of you others see with him. Brunson was neck and neck with him in their dual meet match. He likely wins if he finishes his last shot. Once he got flattened he just gave up in the final seconds and got pinned. That was anybody's match though. Sure, Nickal looked a lot better against him at the B1G's but who knows how that match ends up if the refs don't blow the grabbing of the headgear call and take forever to review it. If a guy like Brunson is that close to you then you are nowhere near a dominant wrestler let alone the likes of Taylor/Streibler.

Nickal has a built in advantage with 174 being such a weak weight. I just don't see what some of you others see with him. Brunson was neck and neck with him in their dual meet match. He likely wins if he finishes his last shot. Once he got flattened he just gave up in the final seconds and got pinned. That was anybody's match though. Sure, Nickal looked a lot better against him at the B1G's but who knows how that match ends up if the refs don't blow the grabbing of the headgear call and take forever to review it. If a guy like Brunson is that close to you then you are nowhere near a dominant wrestler let alone the likes of Taylor/Streibler.
Pinned is pinned? No way to justify being on your back.

Reactions: Wrassler223

You're highlighting of Nickal's two matches with Brunson is actually an excellent example of how much Nickal has improved over the year. Headgear or not, Brunson wasn't touching Nickal in the 2nd match compared to the free for all in the 1st match. Nickal is peaking at the right time.

Reactions: Wrassler223
Nickel aint winnin the title.. Rutherford on the other hand will. Both could be the Stribler though.

Yeah.....he's really beating some quality opponents....
You must be thinking of a different nickal.. Don't see how you could logically downgrade his skill set shown up to this point. Not a psu fan but a fan of good wrestling and he has certainly explified that.

Ringer is the clear favorite, but he can't overlook Lewis of Mizzou in his semi...Lewis gave him fits during their regular season meeting.

Tell that to Brooks. The Dudster could not do it twice to the Mullet Man.
We are talking about Nickel not Brooks. Brooks should have beaten Duddly the first time. Pinned is pinned you can't win when your looking at the lights.

Believe me, I know what Retheford has done, but since he's a senior and had a great career, going with Alex D. 3rd freshman year, and now should cap off 3 time NCAA championship with a lights out performance and then humble whichever Jordan he faces in the final, He's got a cake walk to the final.

Believe me, I know what Retheford has done, but since he's a senior and had a great career, going with Alex D. 3rd freshman year, and now should cap off 3 time NCAA championship with a lights out performance and then humble whichever Jordan he faces in the final, He's got a cake walk to the final.
Idk. He's gonna have a tough semi vs Rhoads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT