ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you emails after interviews

Um

Here I am reading this thread and thinking about times I have sent and have not sent thank you emails....and the reasons why and why not.

Also thinking about all the times I have received thank you emails...which is funny because I can't remember the one that didn't send one...but for sure remembered the ones that did if I am interviewing them again.

(Full disclosure based on social media policy...I work for Walmart...which I have stated before 😀)
In Bentonville or are you a store manager?

I used to do it religiously. Now it depends on the situation. I’m blessed to be in a position in my life where an interview is more about me evaluating the company than it is the company evaluating me. And to be honest, if they expect me to jump through hoops and treat me like they’re doing me a favor by interviewing me, I’m not interested in working for that company anyway.

So it somewhat depends upon the power dynamic if we are going to begin negotiations. If I’m pretty confident they’re going to try and lowball me, I’m not sending a thank you letter that would indicate I think they were doing me a favor by speaking with me.
I can certainly go with this. If it’s a job I’m really interested in or something where I’m maybe stretching to get into it, I’ll definitely do whatever I can to get noticed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT