ADVERTISEMENT

Who were you most sad to see leave........

Keegan Johnson hurt. I don't know how he's doing at K State but I thought that he had so much potential after his Freshman year.

Not going to lie, I absolutely LOVED Brandon Wegher.

He was on his way to having every fan in the stands wearing his jersey. One of those all time great Hawks.

And then he got his girlfriend (now wife) pregnant and football was a thing of the past.

Reactions: NI hawk and cm8124
Charlie Jones. What happened at Purdue was not surprising to me in the least...
I'm kinda calling bullshit on this one. Contrary to most of the sour grapes babies that posted here suggesting he might not even see the field, I had predicted he'd do very well, much better than he was able to show at Iowa under perhaps the worst offensive staff in P5 football. However, I question whether anybody saw him leading the nation in receptions as a 2nd team All American.

I have to be honest. I never thought Wegher was a special talent. A solid B10 running back, sure, but his highlights aren’t anything special. He benefitted from having 5 future pros on the OL. Now shonn greene- he was SPECIAL but was older and was never going to stay another year

I have to be honest. I never thought Wegher was a special talent. A solid B10 running back, sure, but his highlights aren’t anything special. He benefitted from having 5 future pros on the OL. Now shonn greene- he was SPECIAL but was older and was never going to stay another year
Bulaga was really the only guy that went on to have NFL success from that 2009 club. Vandevelde was decent, Calloway was decent as well. Richardson could never stay healthy and didn't play in the league. Eubanks never played in the league to the best of my knowledge.

Bulaga was really the only guy that went on to have NFL success from that 2009 club. Vandevelde was decent, Calloway was decent as well. Richardson could never stay healthy and didn't play in the league. Eubanks never played in the league to the best of my knowledge.

Riley Reiff was the other one. Stepped in for Bulaga against Iowa State

Reactions: squeezebox
I disagree. We saw likely the worst version of Wegher as he was only a frosh but he just had that "it" factor. He was powerful but much faster than what we were used to. I remember that line being good but nothing special compared to what we had seen under KF before. Wegher always rushed for good positive yards and had a couple big breaks a game.

I honestly feel that if Wegher stayed all four years, barring injury, he could've been one of the best we ever had. He would've become an all around offensive player at times as he just appeared to only be on the fringe of what he was capable of. Back then, KF was a little more willing to allow talent to shine than he is now. Very few weaknesses from Wegher that early in his career.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
the 2010 team that went 7-5 was 1 extra contributor away from 12-0 and Amari Spievey could have been that guy. so his early departure while rarely talked about was a huge one imo.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
the 2010 team that went 7-5 was 1 extra contributor away from 12-0 and Amari Spievey could have been that guy. so his early departure while rarely talked about was a huge one imo.

That team had some holes that nobody wanted to believe before the year started. Losing Edds and Angerer to graduation replaced by Nielsen and James Morris was huge. Tarpinian injury at LB was huge too. D line was good in the top 4/5, but had no depth. Losing Jewel Hampton to injury was big as well. That team is a blatant drop at Indiana from being 6-6 at the end.

Reactions: squeezebox
That team had some holes that nobody wanted to believe before the year started. Losing Edds and Angerer to graduation replaced by Nielsen and James Morris was huge. Tarpinian injury at LB was huge too. D line was good in the top 4/5, but had no depth. Losing Jewel Hampton to injury was big as well. That team is a blatant drop at Indiana from being 6-6 at the end.
Stanzi had one of the best seasons a QB has had at Iowa in quite some time. 25TDs/6INTs, 3000 yards passing. I hate sounding like a damn Debby fan but each of the 5 losses were by 1 possession...Just all around a tough season with a lot going on in the background.

Reactions: NI hawk
Stanzi had one of the best seasons a QB has had at Iowa in quite some time. 25TDs/6INTs, 3000 yards passing. I hate sounding like a damn Debby fan but each of the 5 losses were by 1 possession...Just all around a tough season with a lot going on in the background.
If I'm not mistaken, we had a 4th quarter lead in at least 4 of those games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT