ADVERTISEMENT

Who Wins the B1G?

Auger

HR All-American
Sep 14, 2007
I love watching B1G football and like to follow the other teams and story lines. Even though there isn't much coming out of the B1G West this year I think the conference has 3 legit national title contenders. Michigan, Ohio St, and PSU look like they can hold their own against anyone right now. The race to win the East gets its first big game next weekend with PSU visiting OSU. I think PSU has the best defense in the conference this year and can really get after the QB. They have 27 sacks already this year. The run and pass offense really compliment each other. Their one weakness could be they lack another consistent WR or even receiving threat. Elite defenses could shut down their pass attack without one. I actually think this could be PSU's year to win the B1G. I'm sure Franklin will find a way to blow it but its hard not to like their team right now. Their D is legit. Their offense was able to unlock the Iowa D expertly in the 3rd qtr.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
I love watching B1G football and like to follow the other teams and story lines. Even though there isn't much coming out of the B1G West this year I think the conference has 3 legit national title contenders. Michigan, Ohio St, and PSU look like they can hold their own against anyone right now. The race to win the East gets its first big game next weekend with PSU visiting OSU. I think PSU has the best defense in the conference this year and can really get after the QB. They have 27 sacks already this year. The run and pass offense really compliment each other. Their one weakness could be they lack another consistent WR or even receiving threat. Elite defenses could shut down their pass attack without one. I actually think this could be PSU's year to win the B1G. I'm sure Franklin will find a way to blow it but its hard not to like their team right now. Their D is legit.
I agree.

Most people are hyping Michigan, but I think PSU may actually be the better team.

I agree.

Most people are hyping Michigan, but I think PSU may actually be the better team.
I think maybe Michigan (slightly) but OSU is flying under the radar and for once - in a long time - has a very good defense. That young OSU QB is really impressive. We'll know a lot more after the OSU-PSU game this weekend.

Anyone of the 3 can win it and it all comes down to who improves the most and playing the best down the stretch

Scoring over 30 every game and holding opponent under 10 every game for the first seven weeks is pretty impressive though
I'm not sold on the Michigan offense yet. I think the D is really good though. Right now I would say its PSU by a hair over Michigan. Ohio St has a few questions still on D. Not sure yet if McCord is ready for those big games?

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Scoring over 30 every game and holding opponent under 10 every game for the first seven weeks is pretty impressive though
But you also have to look at their strength of schedule and I believe Michigan is something like 113 nationally the last time I saw one of those listings

I think maybe Michigan (slightly) but OSU is flying under the radar and for once - in a long time - has a very good defense. That young OSU QB is really impressive. We'll know a lot more after the OSU-PSU game this weekend.

Anyone of the 3 can win it and it all comes down to who improves the most and playing the best down the stretch
Sad thing is the B1G will only get 1 team in this year. I could also see PSU, Michigan and OSU all end up with 1 loss and an ugly tie-breaker determining the East winner. That would put even more scrutiny on the B1G West.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
I'm not sold on the Michigan offense yet. I think the D is really good though. Right now I would say its PSU by a hair over Michigan. Ohio St has a few questions still on D. Not sure yet if McCord is ready for those big games?
Totally disagree with both as this is the first year - in many - that OSU has looked rock solid on defense. Believe me, I know being an ND fanatic. And OSU has played a much tougher schedule than Michigan and PSU

And did you watch the last 1:26 of the ND-OSU game? McCord drove them 65 yards for the winning TD. He cut our hearts out like a surgeon. He was dead on. He kind of also took over a tight Maryland game last week against Maryland. Take my word for it - that kid is MONEY

Reactions: bumper52
Totally disagree with both as this is the first year - in many - that OSU has looked rock solid on defense. Believe me, I know being an ND fanatic.

And did you watch the last 1:26 of the ND-OSU game? McCord drove them 65 yards for the winning TD. He cut our hearts out like a surgeon. He was dead on. He kind of also took over a tight Maryland game last week against Maryland. Take my word for it - that kid is MONEY
Ohio State does seem to be under the radar somewhat, as much as you can be ranked #3 in the country anyway

I also should add that I could see the B1G and Pac 12 end up cannibalizing themselves. This is a rare year where the SEC, B1G, Big 12, ACC and Pac 12 all have more than 1 legit contender right now. Somebody is going to get left out. SEC won't get left out. So that's 3 spots for 4 conferences. Unless Texas loses again the likely matchup and re-match of Oklahoma and Texas will produce another spot. Will FSU and UNC lose before the ACC Championship? Will the B1G and Pac 12 cannibalize themselves? The B1G could have the weakest power 5 championship game, so does that hurt the B1G?

I know he’s not enrolled, but can you imagine Spencer coming back to play in the Big Ten title game, knocking off PSU?

Totally disagree with both as this is the first year - in many - that OSU has looked rock solid on defense. Believe me, I know being an ND fanatic. And OSU has played a much tougher schedule than Michigan and PSU

I agree with a lot of what you said. The OSU D is very much improved. However OSU hasn't proven they can get after the QB yet. McCord has moments of brilliance and then also shows his youth and inexperience. Out of the three teams I think OSU has the most talent and firepower. PSU and Michigan have some elite D's. Their offenses can spread the field and wear a defense down. Watching PSU dissect Iowa's defense in the 3rd qtr was eye opening. Its going to be a close race and its why I could see the three teams all end up with 1 loss which makes an ugly situation for the B1G.

Congrats on a great win yesterday.

Ohio State does seem to be under the radar somewhat, as much as you can be ranked #3 in the country anyway
Yeah, I have no dog in the fight but that team is extremely dangerous right now. Last couple of years I had the feeling that Michigan was the team to beat as they were flying under the radar (somewhat) - like OSU this year. PSU even seems to be getting more publicity than OSU.

Plus, I read this year's OSU defense is one of only 3 teams nationally not to give up a 40+ yard play all year going into Saturday's game and that includes games with ND and an explosive Maryland offense. This is their 2nd year under that new DC - can't think of his name - and their players are starting to grasp the system. Everybody smoked that defense the last few years with big plays. I think that team is extremely deep and dangerous.

Reactions: rrdd2021
I agree with a lot of what you said. The OSU D is very much improved. However OSU hasn't proven they can get after the QB yet. McCord has moments of brilliance and then also shows his youth and inexperience. Out of the three teams I think OSU has the most talent and firepower. PSU and Michigan have some elite D's. Their offenses can spread the field and wear a defense down. Watching PSU dissect Iowa's defense in the 3rd qtr was eye opening. Its going to be a close race and its why I could see the three teams all end up with 1 loss which makes an ugly situation for the B1G.

Congrats on a great win yesterday.
Yeah, thanks. Especially since it was USC. Had a feeling we would smoke them as our defense played lights out. USC - and Lincoln Riley - doesn't have a clue what defense is about. Hate them

Reactions: Pawkhawk1 and Auger
I think Michigan, I don't feel it's really close this year. I think they beat both PSU & OSU by 10-14.
Then again, I thought Deacon was going to have a breakout game against Purdue.
Nailed it! 😆

I love watching B1G football and like to follow the other teams and story lines. Even though there isn't much coming out of the B1G West this year I think the conference has 3 legit national title contenders. Michigan, Ohio St, and PSU look like they can hold their own against anyone right now. The race to win the East gets its first big game next weekend with PSU visiting OSU. I think PSU has the best defense in the conference this year and can really get after the QB. They have 27 sacks already this year. The run and pass offense really compliment each other. Their one weakness could be they lack another consistent WR or even receiving threat. Elite defenses could shut down their pass attack without one. I actually think this could be PSU's year to win the B1G. I'm sure Franklin will find a way to blow it but its hard not to like their team right now. Their D is legit. Their offense was able to unlock the Iowa D expertly in the 3rd qtr.
Iowa upsets Michigan 3-2 in a "defensive battle" in the B1G Championship

Nebras-ka.

Marty Feldman 80S GIF

Their D is legit. Their offense was able to unlock the Iowa D expertly in the 3rd qtr.
This happens literally happens every time we play a blue blood. Michigan 2021, OSU 2022, Ped State 2023. Our defense plays for a majority of 2 and half quarters, and by midway through the third the dam breaks. This is nothing new.

Ped State isn't beating Michigan with 'Dink and Dunk' Drew.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT