ADVERTISEMENT

Who's The Next Nasty Player For Iowa?

Jenkins strikes me as having some nasty in him. Also, Shannon seems like a pretty violent play ... explosive and powerful "short guy" ... gotta love the "instant leverage."

Bingo on Shannon. Kallenberger is in the conversation.

This seems like a conversation at a gay establishment. I'm going to hope we have a lot of players step up and play well, but I'm not sitting over here thinking, "o my he is so nasty".

Reactions: Thorn_sker
We need 5 or 6 nastay mufu**as to emerge on the team. I'll pick the players I think might be the ones. Alaric Jackson, Amani Jones, Shannon, Stone and ISM.

I would like to see 11 on the field on defense. To quote Coach Greg Popovich “ I want to see some NASTY out there”.

Guys like Scherff and Yanda were "nasty" ... they just brought a little extra to each down. They wanted to dominate the guy across from them ... they wanted to win every and any block they were in on. They wanted to dish out some punishment.

Sometimes, when you get "nasty" with a defensive player ... it sometimes can be a little too out-of-control. That sort of lack of discipline can hurt the D. However, if it is a "controlled" nasty ... that it can definitely be a positive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT