ADVERTISEMENT

WHOSE fault is the current debt ceiling standoff?

Razorhawk2

HR MVP
Feb 9, 2016
I’m thinking Republicans.

Let’s say I’m a Republican and my wife is a Democrat. We both overspent our income using credit cards. Now it’s time to pay them. I tell my wife I’m not paying them until she makes cuts in her spending. She tells me we can work on our budget but the bills can’t wait to be paid or it’s going to ruin us financially.
I say let it…so what?

Last edited:
kardashians%20hulu.jpg

Reactions: Funky Bunch
Raising the debt ceiling should be a given without strings attached. This is the payment of bills already accrued period and has nothing to do with future expenditures. There is a budget process available for resolving those issues.

Raising the debt ceiling should be a given without strings attached. This is the payment of bills already accrued period and has nothing to do with future expenditures. There is a budget process available for resolving those issues.

This. You can keep telling the dumbbutts this, and some of them know you're correct, but they just keep up with their BS. The rest are too stupid to understand.

Stop voting Republican
The democrats are spending money we don't have on unnecessary things just as much, if not more (recently), than Republicans. Our spending is completely out or control whether it be unnecessary wars, nonsense climate alarmism down to giving countries like Pakistan 10s of millions of dollars for "gender studies" (obvious money laundering is obvious)
The dems in the senate should just pass an increase in the debt limit and tie it to massive tax increases for the wealthy. I’m sure our repuber friends would be perfectly fine with that.
The dems are more the party of the elites than the Republicans these days lol

This is once again nothing but Republican bullcrap. That’s all this is. Gameplaying.
It's simply amazing that every time this topic is relevant that the midwits from both parties are out in full force blaming the other side. I'm sure you were blaming trump when he was president and having these same conversations with democrats lol

• Love
Reactions: TheRealHerky
Deals on the table.
BULLSHIT!
The Repubber deal is “my way or the highway”…….that is NO deal. As Joe said today, What the House Repubbers have offered is NOT bipartisan and will never pass.
The Repubbers are looking to cut shit they voted for a few years ago to pass. Repubbers need to understand that most Americans are smarter than those folks who make up their caucus…. MTG, Gaetz, Jordan, Scalise, McConnel, Boebert….(the list is damn near endless).

“The debt” is generally the majority party’s problem when they want to rewrite the tax code like now. Repubbers need to raise the debt ceiling and work like hell to adjust the budget at the apprporiate time. If they can believe their own rhetoric, they have the spirit of the American people behind them. Their overwhelming (gerrymandered) majority is all the proof they need.
Republicans have shown they cannot win majority votes nationwide, at least not with their current “platform”……The Republican mantra is to tie everything up and do nothing and hope the American voters massively toss Democrats from national office.

The Repubbers are looking to cut shit they voted for a few years ago to pass. Repubbers need to understand that most Americans are smarter than those folks who make up their caucus…. MTG, Gaetz, Jordan, Scalise, McConnel, Boebert….(the list is damn near endless).
And as I've said now on multiple occassions, McCarthy gave the keys to those wackos so he could bang the gavel and they have absolutely no problem driving the country off the cliff. The question remains...is there a handful of sane Republicans left who would side with the Dems to prevent disaster? I honestly don't think they exist but I'm hoping there are behind-the-scenes negotiations with a few of them. The entire party has sold its soul to MAGA.

And as I've said now on multiple occassions, McCarthy gave the keys to those wackos so he could bang the gavel and they have absolutely no problem driving the country off the cliff. The question remains...is there a handful of sane Republicans left who would side with the Dems to prevent disaster? I honestly don't think they exist but I'm hoping there are behind-the-scenes negotiations with a few of them. The entire party has sold its soul to MAGA.
Biden can prevent so called disaster anytime he wants. Deal is on his desk.

Reactions: abby97
I guess we now know how much it costs to shutdown the entire U.S. economy and pay everyone to stay home for months on end to appeal the Covid experts.

A lot of Cheeto’s debt is from his massive tax cut for the rich. That was passed well before March 2020.

The expense for the shutdown is also on his perpetually chaotic and incompetent ass. Had he not shut down the pandemic monitoring stations in China and then not butchered the response, the pandemic probably would have been much different. Instead the orange slob told everyone that like a miracle it will go away and then that it would be gone by Easter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT