ADVERTISEMENT

WHOSE fault is the current debt ceiling standoff?

What the republicans are going is just classic extortion. Never negotiate with extortionists.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
And the D's control the WH AND the Senate. Yet you say the D's have to fold.

The Democrats controlled the House and suspended the debt ceiling twice under Trump with zero attempts to roll back his tax cuts. It's time for the f'n Republicans to do the same. There's your reality. Why aren't you faulting them? Why aren't ALL the wingnuts on here faulting them?

It's not R hypocrisy...that's hardly new. it's YOUR hypocrisy. You and yours are feeding the narrative that Biden has to back down when NO president in history has been asked to undo his legislation to get a debt ceiling deal. YOUR hypocrisy is the problem. You want a deal? Flood the R's offices with emails and phone calls telling them to do their f'n jobs.
I'm not being hypocritical...just dealing with the reality of the situation.

Joe is going to have to cut a deal with McCarthy to avoid default. That's reality.

D's can use the R's intransigence as a talking point in 2024....but a deal needs to be cut in the next week.

It is what it is...

If we default "blame" will be the least of our concerns...by polling Joe will get his share of the blame and I don't think he'd much like his reelection chances in a tanked economy. He's the President..Captain of the ship...if we hit an economic iceberg....

A deal needs to get done...

Except in the year or two after a massive recession or when the GOP gets their massive tax cuts, the US ALWAYS takes in "a record amount of revenue", doofus. You can get a raise at work...a RECORD PAYCHECK...and still fall behind your expenditures. You do understand basic economics, right?
If I get a raise I don’t go buy a new house when I have thousands of dollars in credit card debt

If I get a raise I don’t go buy a new house when I have thousands of dollars in credit card debt
If your raise doesn't keep up with inflation, your pay got cut. You don't have to do anything. And if you voluntarily CUT your pay while doing not one damn thing about your spending, you're an idiot Republican.

D's can use the R's intransigence as a talking point in 2024....but a deal needs to be cut in the next week.
See? Hypocrisy. You still haven't once blamed R "intransigence". Here's the deal...raise or suspend the debt ceiling as has been done dozens of times in the past. Period. Why is that NOT your deal?

Reactions: Razorhawk2
See? Hypocrisy. You still haven't once blamed R "intransigence". Here's the deal...raise or suspend the debt ceiling as has been done dozens of times in the past. Period. Why is that NOT your deal?
I think they should have raised the debt ceiling with no strings attached but they didn't.

Have to deal with reality...and the reality is Joe needs to cut a deal to avoid default. I spelled out how I think that can be done. Feel free to disagree.

That's it....

I think they should have raised the debt ceiling with no strings attached but they didn't.

Have to deal with reality...and the reality is Joe needs to cut a deal to avoid default. I spelled out how I think that can be done. Feel free to disagree.

That's it....
And once again..why don't the Republicans have to "cut a deal to avoid default"? You keep saying the same thing over and over as if there is only one path. You "wish" the GOP did the right thing but since they didn't...it's Biden's fault if there's no deal? You are spouting the GOP "my way or the highway" line and claiming that's "reality. Here's your original take:

Joes just going to have to bite the bullet and get a deal done...not much time left.
Not ONE word about who's actually creating the crisis. The one thing I'll give you credit for, your hypocrisy on this issue has been stalwart.

I'm going to ask you straight out...if we default...who caused it?

McCarthy and Biden just need to negotiate a position that a majority of Congress will support,.. Very likely that hard right Republicans and hard left Democrats will be unhappy with the package, but as long as a majority in the middle are willing to swallow hard it's achievable...
You would think but Trump has spoken. He thinks the country should default if the Republicans don’t get everything they want.

Bipartisan.

R's for adding strings and Joe for taking the no negotiation stance until way late.
The debt ceiling was suspended three times under Trump - TWICE when the Dems controlled the House. And it was bipartisan every single time. There is no negotiating with the strings attached. The GOP knew that when they added them. To claim otherwise...well...would require hypocrisy.

Reactions: Joes Place
The debt ceiling was suspended three times under Trump - TWICE when the Dems controlled the House. And it was bipartisan every single time. There is no negotiating with the strings attached. The GOP knew that when they added them. To claim otherwise...well...would require hypocrisy.
What you post is true...should have been no strings attached. Bet there were and that's the reality Joe has to deal with....

Looks like he's making a deal...as he should.

Making a deal and raising the debt limit is preferable to default...to put it mildly.

Wut? Joes negotiating now and word is they're close to a deal.

What you post is true...should have been no strings attached. Bet there were and that's the reality Joe has to deal with....

Looks like he's making a deal...as he should.

Making a deal and raising the debt limit is preferable to default...to put it mildly.
Then the debt ceiling will be a political football forevermore and the GOP better not whine when the shoe is on the other foot. Next time it will be taxes and that is NOT reserved for the budget process. Agreed?

Then the debt ceiling will be a political football forevermore and the GOP better not whine when the shoe is on the other foot. Next time it will be taxes and that is NOT reserved for the budget process. Agreed?
Sure.

Honestly I'm not sure why we're arguing 😂

we are taking in record amounts of revenue

JFC. I made more money this year than I did last year. We are in a huge deficit caused by years of insufficient revenue and decades overspending.

And not all of the spending is waste on government giveaway programs as conservatives portray. For example. the Afghan fiasco was a deep well sucking trillions from our coffers for 20 years for absolutely no purpose.

Name the Democratic lawmakers you said wanted Covid money off the negotiating table. I didn’t see anyone other than doctors quoted in that article.

29 hours later and abby has nothing. Based on his history, it's possible he posted another lie.

Reactions: Razorhawk2

It levies a 7% tax on the sale or exchange of long-term capital assets such as stocks, bonds, business interests, or other investments and tangible assets. It only applies to gains in excess of $250,000.

The tax does not apply to the sale or exchange of real estate or to transactions through retirement savings accounts.

Under the law, the first $500 million of revenue collected goes into the education legacy trust account, a source of dollars for public schools, early childhood education and child care programs. Anything above that amount is deposited in the common school construction account which is part of the capital budget.

It is exactly what is needed on a federal level. Low-income and middle class taxpayers are paying a lion's share of federal revenue, compared to what the top 0.2% (even top 1%) pay. Warren Buffet was spot-on when he said he paid lower tax rates than his secretary.

Reactions: BGHAWK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT