ADVERTISEMENT

Why are people freaking the fuck out on here tonight?

I would have preferred to watch Michigan just beat Iowa outright and not have the league step in to ensure the outcome they wanted. I'd be disappointed after they lost, but I wouldn't feel so bitter. That's two of the worst replay overturns I have ever seen and it happened to Iowa in one season.
Oh geez. Give it up man.

It’s time to move on for this football program.
I don’t care what the record says against the dregs of the conference. It’s poor management of the resources and KF needs to go as he has held the program hostage. No one should get away with allowing this product that is being run by his freaking SON.
I don’t understand who supports this garbage.
His son was fired. Problem solved.

I would have preferred to watch Michigan just beat Iowa outright and not have the league step in to ensure the outcome they wanted. I'd be disappointed after they lost, but I wouldn't feel so bitter. That's two of the worst replay overturns I have ever seen and it happened to Iowa in one season.
So you can bitch about the shitty calls but in the end they absolutely did not matter. You have to score to win. Quit being a baby and face reality. We honestly wasted an all time defense with the worst offense in the history of Iowa.

And no where am I saying I’m pleased with this. Just stating, how can people be so upset? It’s doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I think that’s the definition of something…

you've been pretty pleased with Kirk Ferentz all season.

I think losing only 26-0 is better than I expected. Scoring zero is not unexpected. Getting to B1G championship was product of playing in soft division, not a huge accomplishment. The Defense on other hand is legit. We do have a great coach---Phil Parker.

Today would have been the perfect day to pull out all the stops. The offensive gameplan was one notch up from taking a knee. Even the gamblers set the bar so low…they had nothing to lose.
What do you mean by that? We have no offensive line, no quarterback, no receivers, and we’re down to our 3rd and 4th string tight ends. And for whatever reason we still went empty backfield the entire 2nd half with a QB that completes 33% of his passes. What in the actual **** do you mean pull out all the stops?

The offense has sucked all year. Where have you been?!? Think it was magically going to change? You want change, BF is gone. Tonight was just an added bonus to watch the defense kill it.

Now if we don’t see some new wrinkles in the bowl game I can understand but calm the **** down. 10 wins with the worst offense since 1903, stay humble brah.
100% this. So sick of these pathetic "fans"

Reactions: littlez
I actually was very impressed with the defense. I feel like they kept getting better as the season went on.
I will say the officiating tonight was a little sketch
I also don’t think Michigan is the #1 team either. I have a strong feeling they will lose their first playoff game once again this year.
Lastly, the thing I knew wouldn’t change but still frustrates me is that Kirk will never make a damn qb change. Hill might be the worst qb I have ever seen play at iowa yet he never got benched for a single play since he took over.
dat ball security tho

So you’re mad at the refs and not our offense that gained 100 yards and scored no points? Because it’s pretty hard to win without scoring. The game was over after the 1st drive. 3-0.
Pretty much, yeah. I expected the offense to be shitty. I didn't expect the officials to make the entire exercise of playing the game a joke.

I think people are upset because they know deep down that this is likely to be our last viable shot at a B1G Championship for the foreseeable future. We should still be a 7+ win team going forward, and a decent mid level program in the B1G, but winning it all is just unfathomable with our current self-restrictions and no longer having to just win the terrible West every year to get there. The odds of us beating Oregon, OSU, Michigan, USC, and PSU yearly, in some capacity, to win it are a tall order until we make some drastic changes to our sideline and uptick our recruiting.

That's how I was viewing this game. I honestly don't know if I'll ever see another B1G Championship for football in my lifetime and I'm only 41. Hopefully we can get back and win one in the near future but I don't think it'll be KF who will deliver it to us.

Suffice it to say, if Iowa fans feel this way, imagine how the rest of the West teams feel as well as the lower half of the East. Outside of Wisconsin, they're screwed!

Last edited:
Just an average offense wins this game….just average.
That’s not true and it’s not fair to Michigan. And we should aspire to at least be better than average. What we threw out this year all season was an absolute farce. And we never gave another QB a shot to see what they could do. We wasted an incredible defense that held the number 2 team in the country to 200 yards. And lost by 26 points!

• Sad
Reactions: Iron Doc
The offense has sucked all year. Where have you been?!? Think it was magically going to change? You want change, BF is gone. Tonight was just an added bonus to watch the defense kill it.

Now if we don’t see some new wrinkles in the bowl game I can understand but calm the **** down. 10 wins with the worst offense since 1903, stay humble brah.
I assume someone already asked but why is the bowl game a pass in your post? I mean, you took the time ro start a post that relates to 99% of othera

I assume someone already asked but why is the bowl game a pass in your post? I mean, you took the time ro start a post that relates to 99% of othera
Bowl game isn’t a pass. They have time to work on starting something new. That’s why I said I can understand why we should be upset about the offense if the bowl game shows no changes.

I think people are upset because they know deep down that this is likely to be our last viable shot at a B1G Championship for the foreseeable future. We should still be a 7+ win team going forward, and a decent mid level program in the B1G, but winning it all is just unfathomable with our current self-restrictions and no longer having to just win the terrible West every year to get there. The odds of us beating Oregon, OSU, Michigan, USC, and PSU yearly, in some capacity, to win it are a tall order until we make some drastic changes to our sideline and uptick our recruiting.

That's how I was viewing this game. I honestly don't know if I'll ever see another B1G Championship for football in my lifetime and I'm only 41. Hopefully we can get back and win one in the near future but I don't think it'll be KF who will deliver it to us.

Suffice it to say, if Iowa fans feel this way, imagine how the rest of the West teams feel as well as the lower half of the East. Outside of Wisconsin, they're screwed!
Iowa had 3 straight seasons that realistically could have flirted with the playoffs….if they had an offense that ranked around the mid 90s instead of 120+

That’s the real killer. Cause as you mention, the road gets a lot harder now with influx of west coast teams coming in.

Reactions: AEG82
Offense wasn't motivated, knowing that it was BF's last game at Iowa. Otherwise, Hawkeyes win handily.

I agree. For Iowa to win or be close in that game they needed to make most all the big plays. The game was still close when the Replay people pulled a shit reversal. I think the terrible offensive production by IOwa has been boiling over to a point where in the biggest game of the year the defense held down Mich but the offense was toothlessly bad.

Just think Nick Jackson's near INT happened just a couple of plays before that INT replay reversal. Those types of thinks can kill you.

Meh. I haven't gotten worked up about them all season. You'd have to expect something different.

No, but change things up and go all out by doing things you haven’t done all year to throw Michigan off….wildcat, run two back sets with heavy screen play all night to force Michigan out of the box and spread the field.

The lack of imagination of this offense proves how inept KF/BF are when it comes to scheming against any defense, let alone the number one rated D in the country. If I’m Beth Goetz, I go to Ryan Grubb with an open account and ask what it will take to get him here as OC with coach in waiting status. Then go to KF and tell him RG has total control of the offense, like Phil has with the D. If KF doesn’t like it, he can retire. That’s the only way you are going to force him to play to win and not play to not lose.

No, but change things up and go all out by doing things you haven’t done all year to throw Michigan off….wildcat, run two back sets with heavy screen play all night to force Michigan out of the box and spread the field.

The lack of imagination of this offense proves how inept KF/BF are when it comes to scheming against any defense, let alone the number one rated D in the country. If I’m Beth Goetz, I go to Ryan Grubb with an open account and ask what it will take to get him here as OC with coach in waiting status. Then go to KF and tell him RG has total control of the offense, like Phil has with the D. If KF doesn’t like it, he can retire. That’s the only way you are going to force him to play to win and not play to not lose.
I think it’s unfair to ask a team to change everything up in just 1 week. Especially when the offense is so severely handicapped with the injuries and inconsistent line and QB play. If you’re playing to win the game you play what got you there. Solid Defense and field position via special teams and hope to break just one run on O. Special teams killed that hope at the start of the game and the refs twisted the dagger with their ineptitude. Iowa was in the game despite the offense.

Now with 4 weeks until a bowl game…they better change things up. There is plenty of time.

. That’s why I said I can understand why we should be upset about the offense if the bowl game shows no changes.

What changes would you expect and why would you expect them in the bowl game instead of anytime prior?

Literally the national laughing stock of college football on every game broadcast and show about college football.

• Sad
Literally the national laughing stock of college football on every game broadcast and show about college football.
Holy over dramatic. Those who watched the game know it wasn’t what the score indicated. And who the **** cares honestly. It’s a game.

Maybe we would, maybe we wouldn't have but the defense played well enough to win. We lost because of 3 plays. The rest of the game was pretty even. The offense was so poor that it cost us a another game.
Amazing how fans do this. Other than these plays.....
That is how football tends to work, Iowa has won several games this season, because of these plays...

Holy over dramatic. Those who watched the game know it wasn’t what the score indicated. And who the **** cares honestly. It’s a game.
Right, it was much worse. It was over at 3-0. Iowa had nothing to lose by coming up with something different, but continued doing what they do worst, offense.

Amazing how fans do this. Other than these plays.....
That is how football tends to work, Iowa has won several games this season, because of these plays...

I understand. To me, that's the problem. Three plays that were leading to 14 points and another that took off at least a try at 3. So being conservative, that's 17 points that were given away. Other teams can come back from that, especially when you think about how early that happened. We just don't have that ability unfortunately.

Reactions: Whinny
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT