ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Trump calling Putin so many times?

It's interesting how Harris and Trump characterize Putin. Harris: Putin is a thug, killer, war criminal. Trump: Putin is smart, savvy, a great leader. Trump is Putin's lap-dog as witnessed by his outlandish agreement with Putin at Helsinki in 2018 and his current refusal to condemn him for his unprovoked and illegal occupation of Ukraine. Trump's alarming suck-up interactions with the likes of Xi, Kim, and Putin is indeed alarming and raises the serious question of Trump being a national security risk.
I don’t think it’s a question. Trump is a national security risk.

You seem to be asserting that all the calls came in a 2-3 month window. Is that what we know?
Quoting the OP (Mr./Ms Sabula):

"... the new book by Bob Woodward cites at least seven times since losing the election in 2020 that Bonespurs has reached out to Putin."

That looks to me to have been very carefully worded ... using the election as the point of reference rather than the date of Biden's inauguration allows for all sorts of flexibility in one's argument.

JB concealment? WE all knew he was old, just like Trump, but we also knew he's a good man, unlike Trump.

We know Twitter/X is colluding with Trump. It appears NBC is colluding with Trump as well by not running Errol Morris Documentary about separating kids from their parents at the border until after the election because it will hurt Trump. We also know Fox News and Newsmax are colluding with Trump. So, WTF are you whining about again?
When they aren't busy lying, they are busy whining.

So during that 2-3 month period when Covid was raging and when Russia was staging its troops along the Ukrainian border, and when Donald J. Trump was still President, we were to have no contact with Putin?

This a half-story. Left out is any mention of what was discussed. I suspect this is intentional since the U.S. media and the blogosphere can be counted on to supply what they THINK was discussed. ... through the lens of 2024 and not the view during

Quoting the OP (Mr./Ms Sabula):

"... the new book by Bob Woodward cites at least seven times since losing the election in 2020 that Bonespurs has reached out to Putin."

That looks to me to have been very carefully worded ... using the election as the point of reference rather than the date of Biden's inauguration allows for all sorts of flexibility in one's argument.
I'm probably not smart enough to carefully word something to try to conceal some deep dark secret. I simply stated it the way I read it online. Seven times since he lost the election. Edit: double checking the article... stated 7 calls to the murderous dictator since leaving office.

Last edited:
Anything that starts out with this:

His administration’s first National Security Strategy emphasized that adversaries of the United States were seeking to erode its position in the international order. This outlook was relatively novel at the time,
Is probably not to be taken too seriously...
This has been both Russia's and China's gambit for a few decades.
Good point. We should have been damping that flame, not fanning it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT