ADVERTISEMENT

Why isn’t Kamala electable?

BlIIlken2

HB Heisman
Nov 23, 2021
Politically speaking she seems like a solid candidate with experience. Fairly center left and speaks with enthusiasm on the big stage. (Leave politics out for a second) She would be a good representative on the world stage among other world leaders.

Is the real reason sex and race? I don’t understand the polling numbers and how she possibly could be that much worse than Biden. This country has to still be sexist and racist as ****. What am I missing?

I for one think at this point in time the DNC should go full blitz with her with a massive campaign around the country. Let her wreck trump on a debate stage.

Politically speaking she seems like a solid candidate with experience. Fairly center left and speaks with enthusiasm on the big stage. (Leave politics out for a second) She would be a good representative on the world stage among other world leaders.

Is the real reason sex and race? I don’t understand the polling numbers and how she possibly could be that much worse than Biden. This country has to still be sexist and racist as ****. What am I missing?

I for one think at this point in time the DNC should go full blitz with her with a massive campaign around the country. Let her wreck trump on a debate stage.
If Dan Quayle is electable, then I guess so is Kamala.

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

And this could be her VP. I think they have the same brain power.

Grammy Awards GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanseminole
Let her wreck trump on a debate stage.
I wouldn’t count on that happening. She got wrecked by Tulsi Gabbard. And she didn’t do much better against Mike Pence. Any competent politician would have destroyed Pence, but it was actually close with her. The main thing people remembered after that debate was the fly that kept landing on Pence’s head.

I don't know Kamala might have a chance. But my concerns with her is that she's not a good campaigner.

Kamala started off the 2020 dem primaries pretty high on the list but nose dived. She had less support in the polls from when she first started. So to me her campaign went the wrong direction and in the process of campaigning convinced a bunch of people who wanted to vote for her that initially to not vote for her.

Second issue is Kamala like Newsom has only won in California. She didn't win competitive general elections, she won in places where winning the primary ment winning the election.

At this point I think I'd rather have her than Biden though. At least she can present some energy when needed.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
I don't know Kamala might have a chance. But my concerns with her is that she's not a good campaigner.

Kamala started off the 2020 dem primaries pretty well but nose dived. She had less support in the polls from when she first started.

Second issue is Kamala like Newsom has only won in California. She didn't win competitive general elections, she won in places where winning the primary ment winning the election.

At this point I think I'd rather have her than Biden though. At least she can present some energy when needed.
Issue with Kamala from the start (which you would think some republicans would like) was her tough on crime stance as a lawyer. That didn’t sit well with the progressive dem wing. Aka no chance in primaries.

She was an Affirmative Action hire serving no other purpose than to draw in the minority and female vote. It was basically a "one-up" selection to Sarah Palin. Both parties should do better on this front in the future. But first they need to fix their fvcked up Presidential candidate issue. My God.

She was an Affirmative Action hire serving no other purpose than to draw in the minority and female vote. It was basically a "one-up" selection to Sarah Palin. Both parties should do better on this front in the future. But first they need to fix their fvcked up Presidential candidate issue. My God.
AI brought to you by OAN.

Reactions: Ree4
I wouldn’t count on that happening. She got wrecked by Tulsi Gabbard. And she didn’t do much better against Mike Pence. Any competent politician would have destroyed Pence, but it was actually close with her. The main thing people remembered after that debate was the fly that kept landing on Pence’s head.
Picking her is probably the smartest thing Joe has done. Anytime someone questions him he can just point at her and ask if we really want that woman in charge.

Reactions: ICHerky
At the end of the day, the issue is still the same...do you want Republican policy or Democratic policy.

It really is that simple.

The Presidential candidates are figureheads.
Normally yes. This election is can I vote for someone other than trump. People can’t sit at home. They need the suburban mom that leans right to vote left.

The hardcore progresssives will tell you it is because of the vice grip that white supremacy and institutional racism has on America.

The radical righties will tell you about her word salads and days as a shitbag prosecutor.

In reality, she is unqualified and has the charisma of a cactus.

It’s all about perception.

You are correct that the combination of being a woman and of color makes her more cringeworthy to middle-aged and elderly white guys. Women also hate other women in the spotlight, so she would also get the Hillary Clinton/Caitlin Clark treatment on top of the conscious and unconscious biases of the aforementioned demographic of white men. She’s also just not very engaging or charismatic, which is why her candidacy never went anywhere when she threw her hat in the ring for president. I would add she rightfully has earned a lot of criticism for the disastrous handling of the border crisis.

So, yes, while it’s true Kamala has some sexism and bigotry to contend with, whether people want to admit it or not, it’s also true she just isn’t a great candidate.

All of that said, she is more electable than Biden and probably has a better chance to defeat Trump. Unfortunately, that still isn’t saying much.

Democrats have to do better or they should prepare to concede the election to Trump.

You are correct that the combination of being a woman and of color makes her more cringeworthy to middle-aged and elderly white guys. Women also hate other women in the spotlight, so she would also get the Hillary Clinton/Caitlin Clark treatment on top of the conscious and unconscious biases of the aforementioned demographic of white men. She’s also just not very engaging or charismatic, which is why her candidacy never went anywhere when she threw her hat in the ring for president. I would add she rightfully has earned a lot of criticism for the disastrous handling of the border crisis.

So, yes, while it’s true Kamala has some sexism and bigotry to contend with, whether people want to admit it or not, it’s also true she just isn’t a great candidate.

All of that said, she is more electable than Biden and probably has a better chance to defeat Trump. Unfortunately, that still isn’t saying much.

Democrats have to do better or they should prepare to concede the election to Trump.
giphy.gif

Agreed but I think she is the only possible replacement at this point unless the DNC can hold last minute state wide primaries around the country before the convention. Think just having a candidate with energy would be significantly better. At least among headlines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT