ADVERTISEMENT

Why Kevin McCarthy won’t call on George Santos to resign

The Speaker is not going to do that because of the slim majority he has. Nobody said it was right, and that it's slimy. politics. This isn't hard to understand. But the constant need for left to espouse its ethical and moral superiority as well as the the constant need of virtue signaling is so nauseating.
I can respect this response because at least you didn't try to make up some ridiculous BS to justify this rather than just admitting that it benefits your team so you are ok with it. However, the left talks about its moral and ethical superiority because compared to Republicans, they are freaking Mother Theresa. If you are tired of hearing about it, maybe you are just sick of the Republican amorality and sleaziness and its time to jump off the team red bus.

Biden can't open his mouth without lying. Every story he tells is made up out of whole cloth, yet a everyone is getting all crazy about a NY congressman who lied during an election. If you wanted to, you could find lies from every single politician from both parties and everyone knows it.

Just a few samples:

Not even close.

Just because it’s the way it’s been, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be called to task.
That is a fair point. Just not something that I'm personally not going to get worked up about because it is the way it's always been. It really isn't something that the left is truly worked up about either they just are doing in this instance because its politically advantageous. Very similar to telling us 'democracy is at stake' while supporting election deniers in primaries.

That is a fair point. Just not something that I'm personally not going to get worked up about because it is the way it's always been. It really isn't something that the left is truly worked up about either they just are doing in this instance because its politically advantageous. Very similar to telling us 'democracy is at stake' while supporting election deniers in primaries.
The Santos situation is not “the way it’s always been.” You understand what he’s done, right?

I can respect this response because at least you didn't try to make up some ridiculous BS to justify this rather than just admitting that it benefits your team so you are ok with it. However, the left talks about its moral and ethical superiority because compared to Republicans, they are freaking Mother Theresa. If you are tired of hearing about it, maybe you are just sick of the Republican amorality and sleaziness and its time to jump off the team red bus.
In your in mind they are Mother Theresa but that doesn't mean it is a reality. That is just a perception from a Team Blue member.

That is probably true but you haven't been paying attention the past 8 years. Things aren't the way they always have been.
Ok…

You shouldn’t claim Santos is business as usual. It’s not. When many in your own party want you gone you know you’re an outlier.

This is clearly not an “everyone does it, it’s DC” situation.

Reactions: RileyHawk
In your in mind they are Mother Theresa but that doesn't mean it is a reality. That is just a perception from a Team Blue member.
It just is mind blowing how you think intentionally blowing up the US and world economy is on the same level with some files found on a laptop that can't even be verified who put the files on the computer of a family member who has no role in the government are somehow equal.

Classic big city lawyer tactics:
Politicians have always been crooks and liars in search of power. Today politicians will go to extreme, sometimes weird and odd(Santos is clearly mentally unstable) lengths to gain power. Really not that difficult of a concept.

Politicians have always been crooks and liars in search of power. Today politicians will go to extreme, sometimes weird and odd(Santos is clearly mentally unstable) lengths to gain power. Really not that difficult of a concept.

The concept that you're a Team Red hack is not a difficult concept, it's especially evident when you post things like this within a half hour:

Excusing objectionable yet ordinary actions: It's the way that it's always been.
Excusing objectionable and extraordinary actions: Things aren't the way that they've always been.

Sometimes when people talk out of both sides of their mouth it can be difficult to pin them down due to effective writing or there's a different audience or venue. Not coff, he'll do it in the same thread, using the same expression - just reversed - to suit his Team.

Probably really effective tactic with product liability, it's the way that it's always been! Wait, not that, things aren't the way that they've always been!

The concept that you're a Team Red hack is not a difficult concept, it's especially evident when you post things like this within a half hour:

Excusing objectionable yet ordinary actions: It's the way that it's always been.
Excusing objectionable and extraordinary actions: Things aren't the way that they've always been.

Sometimes when people talk out of both sides of their mouth it can be difficult to pin them down due to effective writing or there's a different audience or venue. Not coff, he'll do it in the same thread, using the same expression - just reversed - to suit his Team.

Probably really effective tactic with product liability, it's the way that it's always been! Wait, not that, things aren't the way that they've always been!
How I am excusing his actions? Because I’m not starting five threads a day on a low level Rep. like your fellow Team Blue members all in the name of political gain? I’m not showing enough fake outrage? I’ll leave the fake outrage to your team. Make sure to let your know team know there are some election deniers they need to start propping up for ‘24.
It worked well in the midterms.

How I am excusing his actions? Because I’m not starting five threads a day on a low level Rep. like your fellow Team Blue members all in the name of political gain? I’m not showing enough fake outrage? I’ll leave the fake outrage to your team. Make sure to let your know team know there are some election deniers they need to start propping up for ‘24.
It worked well in the midterms.

Oh coff, particularly weak even by your standards. Team Red thanks you for service, not every team member is so willing to debase themselves - the ones who are willing - are knighted as Loyal.

How are you excusing the actions? By framing the actions in the context that it's always been that way. Leave Team Red alone, this is just how it's done, you can't bring that part up, it's normal, it's business as usual!

That can be an effective strategy, all the sudden the conversation is about the way it's always been done - by those on Team Blue too! - rather than the topic you're trying to deflect from.

It's less effective when in the very same thread you try the same exact deflection but in the opposite direction. It turns out we need to ignore the extraordinary because things just aren't the way that they've always been. Of course there's going to be unusual activities, things are different now!

Yes, I know that Team Blue victimized your poor Team Red in the midterms by tricking you guys into voting for wackjobs. You're used to it though, that's the way it's always been or is this different and you shouldn't care about it because things aren't the way that they've always been anymore.

When Thompson sends its people, they're not sending their best. SAD.

Didn’t say it doesn’t matter.

Not even remotely the same as Santos’s lies.
She lied to further her career and political ambitions. The Current POTUS has as well. In that sense they are the same as whoever this guy is. He just has taken his lies to the extreme.

Classic hack: They are the same, one is just different.
They actually are just the same but an ideologue like yourself can’t admit it. It’s a classic tool of Team Blue.

On a side note here is another politician who tells lies about his life to further his political career.

It’d be pretty awesome if Santos showed up in the chamber in drag and announced her name was now Kitara…first trans female in Congress.

Quite the conundrum.

Reactions: franklinman
They actually are just the same but an ideologue like yourself can’t admit it. It’s a classic tool of Team Blue.

On a side note here is another politician who tells lies about his life to further his political career.

Yeah coff, and someone who steals a candy bar is the same as a bank robber. Both are thieves.

"They're all the same" It's a classic tool of hacks and stupid people. And I know you're not stupid.

Of course you're familiar with the concept of degrees, you described one as extreme. Although, maybe I was wrong about the not stupid part and you're using words that you don't understand.

Sure but thats politics and always has been. I guess holding that belief leads to other people shooting up places according to lucas.
Go Team Red!!! Isn’t this the kind of stuff you like to zing the board with? “That’s politics”, is your line now, huh?
And, threatening violence leads to violence, Coff. That’s the point that keeps sailing over your head. The introduction of violence into mainstream discourse by the GQP.

It’s interesting to watch the Republicans who have demanded that Biden step down run away and hide when pressed on Santos. Or, is it Devolder? Or, Kitara?

It’s interesting to watch the Republicans who have demanded that Biden step down run away and hide when pressed on Santos. Or, is it Devolder? Or, Kitara?
She needs to go with Kitara....would solve a lot of her problems.

?? Or is this humor?
Semi-serious.

Comes out as Kitara and changes pronouns.

Media will honor pronouns but will tire of dealing with the ridiculousness and she will fade to the background in the national media.

Might make things a little uncomfortable in the R caucus but overall it's the smart play. :)

Semi-serious.

What are your feelings about Menendez still being on the foreign relations committee?

I know this wasn't directed to me but I believe he should be removed from office.

Now, I'm curious what the "let the voters decide" crowd has to say in this instance.
I’d say let the senate ethics committee decide his fate. Put to a vote in the senate

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT