ADVERTISEMENT

Will Caitlin & the Iowa Women Sell Out all of the Away B1G arenas? Highest Ticket Prices are betw $1,544 (Maryland), $1,712 (IU) & $2,761 (N'western)

The capacity for an Ohio State basketball game is 19,700.

Ohio State women's basketball to open upper level at Schottenstein Center for Jan 21 Caitlin Clark, Iowa game

Colin Gay, Columbus Dispatch
Tue, Dec 19, 2023, 6:04 AM CST

More basketball fans will have the opportunity to see Caitlin Clark in person when Iowa visits Ohio State on Jan. 21.

Ohio State confirmed Monday that the 300-level of Value City Arena will be open for the noon game between the Buckeyes and Hawkeyes.

The Ohio State vs. Iowa women's basketball game will also be broadcast on NBC and Peacock.
General admission tickets for the upper level are available for $16 plus fees. According to StubHub, tickets are starting at $202.

a8e94275b568096a3986fd91775fc82f

Jan 23, 2023; Columbus, OH, USA; Iowa Hawkeyes guard Caitlin Clark (22) draws a foul from Ohio State Buckeyes guard Taylor Mikesell (24) during the second half of the NCAA women's basketball game at Value City Arena. Ohio State lost 83-72. Adam Cairns-The Columbus Dispatch

According to the Schottenstein Center website, the capacity for an Ohio State basketball game is 19,700. The attendance record for an Ohio State women's basketball game was 17,525 in 2005 when the Buckeyes beat Penn State for a Big Ten championship.

No. 13 Ohio State is 9-2 with losses to No. 6 Southern California and No. 2 UCLA. Iowa, ranked No. 4, is 11-1 with a loss to No. 12 Kansas State.

781c5e7d0f162ee79f096051850dbde5

Iowa guard Caitlin Clark celebrates after making a 3-pointer against Ohio State on Jan. 23.

Clark, Iowa's all-time leading scorer, is the only player in Division I women's or men's basketball with 3,000 points, 750 rebounds and 750 assists. In 2022-23, she was awarded the James Naismith Trophy, John R. Wooden Award and the Associated Press Player of the Year, along with Big Ten Female Athlete of the Year.

Clark is averaging 30.2 points and 6.8 rebounds per game this season, shooting 48.1% from the field and 39.7% from 3-point range.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Has any member of the Iowa media reported the actual attendance for Iowa WBB games this year, versus the paid? Similar numbers are periodically reported for various college football teams, and I am always surprised at the magnitude of the difference between the paid and actual.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Is the Purdue game next Wednesday still not announced as sold out? Wake up people, you can't bank on Clark coming to Indiana Fever next year!

Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon of ESPN's “Pardon The Interruption" discuss Caitlin & the Iowa women's basketball team selling out arenas.

Check this out and watch:

Last edited:
Reactions: Underscore2
The full text of the tweet:

Caitlin Clark is the ONE athlete in college sports this season, regardless of sport, who is MUST see in person. There are plenty of teams who fans want to see, but Caitlin Clark is the ONE college athlete fans covet for autographs/photos no matter where Iowa women's basketball plays. No other athlete in 2023-24 is in that much demand.

Reactions: VodkaSam
good question.

what's your gut tell you? will she return to Iowa for one more go around?
My gut says NO. Regardless of the whole Cmac thing, and the chance to take a midwest team like Indiana somewhere, (much easier travel for mom & dad), which I think appeals to her, CC is a real student of the games history, Whether she breaks the records or not, (and I think she will) she knows her playing next season will dilute those gaudy numbers. At her current pace she can blow past the record in less games played. Time will tell though...

My gut says NO. Regardless of the whole Cmac thing, and the chance to take a midwest team like Indiana somewhere, (much easier travel for mom & dad), which I think appeals to her, CC is a real student of the games history, Whether she breaks the records or not, (and I think she will) she knows her playing next season will dilute those gaudy numbers. At her current pace she can blow past the record in less games played. Time will tell though...

I see more emotion lately in her postgame comments, especially when she talks about soaking it all in.

And after this season, the 4 other starters from the 2023 national title game are done (2 done last season, 2 more for sure this season). I just wonder if that plays into it, too. Time for a new chapter? We'll find out soon.

And man, did the last 4 years fly by or what?

I see more emotion lately in her postgame comments, especially when she talks about soaking it all in.

And after this season, the 4 other starters from the 2023 national title game are done (2 done last season, 2 more for sure this season). I just wonder if that plays into it, too. Time for a new chapter? We'll find out soon.

And man, did the last 4 years fly by or what?
All worth noting. Also as well as she has handled all the attention, and scrutiny, (extremely well) you have to think that its a load on her. I can just see her being ready to move on to a new set of challenges (which there will be many) and new experiences....

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT