ADVERTISEMENT

Will Ferrell on navigating his friend's transition in the new documentary film Will and Harper

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
In 2001 Will Ferrell joined the cast of SNL. At first the writers struggled to make use of Ferrell's unique style and talents. Ferrell began to click when Harper Steele began to collaborate with him. A friendship and a working partnership blossomed. They lost touch during the pandemic, and Ferrell was stunned when Steele reached out to announce she was transitioning. Ferrell asked her to take a road trip across America, and they filmed their journey which was turned into a highly acclaimed documentary. They moved closer to each other as friends, they found out a lot about themselves during the trip, and demonstrated the range of acceptance for trans citizens across the US. Steele notes that having such a recognizable star as Ferrell along for the ride opened a few doors for them.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ferrell-navigating-best-friends-transition-040706367.html

It is interesting that when the story is of understanding and acceptance, of humanity, there isn't the blind hatred.
Maybe it's just about certain people needing to watch a documentary like this one and seeing others as they are, and accepting that?

In 2001 Will Ferrell joined the cast of SNL.
Wow. Ferrell left SNL in 2002. I didn't realize he was only on for one season.

What next? You gonna tell me that Harper Steele is a woman?

Will_Harper-Still1_ae18fa.jpg

Last edited:
Had no idea he/she was a City High alum.

That’s why you don’t give your child a name that can be both male and female. Confuses the shit out of the person. I’m sure a few times in his life he heard. Harper, are you a boy or a girl.

I kid, but I do hate it when people use names that can be used for both boys and girls. It’s confusing as shit when you just see a list of names and have no idea what the sex is and you’re supposed to be getting them something to fit their gender.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
That’s why you don’t give your child a name that can be both male and female. Confuses the shit out of the person. I’m sure a few times in his life he heard. Harper, are you a boy or a girl.

I kid, but I do hate it when people use names that can be used for both boys and girls. It’s confusing as shit when you just see a list of names and have no idea what the sex is and you’re supposed to be getting them something to fit their gender.
No.

There's a lot of power in a name. A lot of thought goes into a name. There are a ton of uni-sex names.

A trans woman. You ALMOST got it!
Nope. Trans women are women, but not XX. Maybe one day you’ll learn
Trans women are trans women. This part of the world has finally found enlightenment on this issue and soon will be right about this civil rights issue like the left was right about women, then Blacks, then gays. Cry about it.
And then there's the ACLU's ol' Strange Chasio:
FC1QkDsWQAIoAju

I've been informed that transwomen are transwomen, transwomen ARE women, and now they're back to transwomen. Has the position once again retreated to regroup?

So which names need to go away? Steph Curry seems to be doing ok.
It’s pretty simple to figure out. Any name that is used as a boy and as a girl.
Harper, Jamie, Charlie, Jerry, Steph, Billie, and so on.
I mean you can keep using them but I’m sure it has to be annoying when people are always asking what sex you are or guessing wrong assuming it’s the other sex when they see it wrote down.

Hell I find it annoying when people think I’m black because of my first name and they think I’m Hispanic because of my last name. I even get Spanish mail and it’s annoying af.

• Haha
It’s pretty simple to figure out. Any name that is used as a boy and as a girl.
Harper, Jamie, Charlie, Jerry, Steph, Billie, and so on.
I mean you can keep using them but I’m sure it has to be annoying when people are always asking what sex you are or guessing wrong assuming it’s the other sex when they see it wrote down.

Hell I find it annoying when people think I’m black because of my first name and they think I’m Hispanic because of my last name. I even get Spanish mail and it’s annoying af.
stripes lighten GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT