ADVERTISEMENT

You'd think that with the amount of "both sides" and "what about..." that goes on in every single political thread...

NDallasRuss

HR Legend
Dec 5, 2002
...more people would realize that both sides are terrible and neither side is good.

Unless you're a billionaire or a corporation or a rich foreign interest, none of them care about you, or the environment, or the immigrants, or the debt, or the unborn babies, or [insert every other issue here].

The only thing they care about is staying in power so they can continue to enrich themselves and their friends/donors. Everything else is just to keep people taking sides and fighting amongst themselves, and ignoring what's happening.

b24f543d-7a08-41e0-876b-0e9ef957f97c_text.gif

...more people would realize that both sides are terrible and neither side is good.

Unless you're a billionaire or a corporation or a rich foreign interest, none of them care about you, or the environment, or the immigrants, or the debt, or the unborn babies, or [insert every other issue here].

The only thing they care about is staying in power so they can continue to enrich themselves and their friends/donors. Everything else is just to keep people taking sides and fighting amongst themselves, and ignoring what's happening.

That's why I'm neither side.

...more people would realize that both sides are terrible and neither side is good but the GOP is a giant dumpster fire.

FIFY

But one of the sides is not like the other. One side would turn our democracy into a Christian Authoritarian regime, the other would not.
And this is why the "I'm cooler than you are because I have edgy opinions and don't follow the groupthink of parties, I follow the group think of no parties (that happens to almost always support far right wing positions)" doesn't work anymore.

There is literally a fascist party trying to end over 230 years of democratic rule and somehow both siders are trying to claim that Democrats are doing it too.

I see no lies here

And this is why the "I'm cooler than you are because I have edgy opinions and don't follow the groupthink of parties, I follow the group think of no parties (that happens to almost always support far right wing positions)" doesn't work anymore.

There is literally a fascist party trying to end over 230 years of democratic rule and somehow both siders are trying to claim that Democrats are doing it too.

I don't think you understand what fascist means.

We are in a place where what this guy is saying is poison to both sides. I honestly can't tell who the people he's even arguing with.

It will take many years to undo the damage, that the trump crime family has done to America, and it may never recover. But both sides.
Exactly this.

One side has become a radical version of it's former self. The other side wants to uphold equality and make sure billionaires are paying their fair share in taxes.

One side has politicians confronting school shooting victims in the streets and accusing them of lying. The other side wants to expand background checks before someone can purchase a deadly firearm.

When the Democratic Party starts having ties to Russia and vacations in Moscow, then come talk to me. Until then, stop trying to push this "both houses are poison" narrative.

But one of the sides is not like the other. One side would turn our democracy into a Christian Authoritarian regime, the other would not.
I can't necessarily disagree with this though either.

There is only one side that has people claiming to be woken up nightly by God, spoken to nightly by God, and then beginning writing down what God wants them to do. (Mike Johnson).

Basing policy/planning your political moves off of what a fictional being tells you is batshit insane.

I can't necessarily disagree with this though either.

There is only one side that has people claiming to be woken up nightly by God, spoken to nightly by God, and then beginning writing down what God wants them to do. (Mike Johnson).

Basing policy/planning your political moves off of what a fictional being tells you is batshit insane.

Just depends on who/what your god is...

Mike Johnson said that God woke him up in the middle of the night, spoke to him in the middle of the night, and told him what he needed to do. Then compared himself to a biblical figure.

That's batshit crazy talk.

Sounds like Mike's god is a invisible manifestation of his religious fixation,.. there are others.

Exactly this.

One side has become a radical version of it's former self. The other side wants to uphold equality and make sure billionaires are paying their fair share in taxes.

One side has politicians confronting school shooting victims in the streets and accusing them of lying. The other side wants to expand background checks before someone can purchase a deadly firearm.

When the Democratic Party starts having ties to Russia and vacations in Moscow, then come talk to me. Until then, stop trying to push this "both houses are poison" narrative.

You've been brainwashed.

The right has become extreme, yes. The left has become extreme also. Both are true.

And you don't see an issue with having someone with political power making political moves based on an "Invisible manifestation of a religious fixation"?

Of course I do,.. But I also have a problem with most of the other religious like fixations that affect so many of our politicians,.. the vast majority of these idiots are bat shit crazy in one way or another.

To deny this truth is to admit to being delusional.

Trump v. Biden II is sheer insanity.

One side is good with the current paradigm that leads to guns being the lead cause of death for minors.
The other side is ok with Tarpon using the ladies room.
One side is making laws that puts pregnant women at risk of death due to things like ectopic pregnancies.
The other thinks you should be able to take your kid to a person in drag reading books if you want to.
One side thinks we need to deport all migrants.
The other side agreed to a bill written by the first side.

what I dislike about whataboutisms is that they’re often used as a lazy defense that create false equivalencies between two things that aren’t alike or all that similar.

And then instead of debating the original point; use the poor comparison to deflect.
You just summed up bins and FAU’s entire posting history.

You've been brainwashed.

The right has become extreme, yes. The left has become extreme also. Both are true.
One party has already tried to nullify a free and fair election. One party has not. One party is nominating a lifelong grifter narcissist under indictment for nearly 100 crimes, one party is nominating an old guy. One party has pushed to deny women their rights to their bodies, one party has not. There is absolutely no equivalence between the two.

Some of yall missed the point of the OP, and tripped over yourselves to " but one is worse" the thread.

You have a pile of shit in each hand. One is on fire. You still have shit in both hands.
But you have to deal with one of them. There is no third option because the minute you try to pick up the third option it just adds to the pile of shit already in your hand. The third option is just another pile of shit on the ground. In the meantime while you are crying about nothing but piles of shit, one of your hands is on fire.

Some of yall missed the point of the OP, and tripped over yourselves to " but one is worse" the thread.

You have a pile of shit in each hand. One is on fire. You still have shit in both hands.
Do you think you or the OP is making some grand point? If I have to have shit in my hand I would prefer it wasn't also on fire, but you do you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT