ADVERTISEMENT

You'd think that with the amount of "both sides" and "what about..." that goes on in every single political thread...

You can laugh if you want, but you're as big a part of the problem as Scruddy, Abby or any of the other right-wing flamers. In no way are you fair or objective, or even realistic about any of this.

Yes, I honestly believe trump is one of the truly worst humans in this country, if not the world.

But tell me: when was the last time Joe had a job that didn't involve suckling off the tax payers? I'm 50 and it was before I was born. (Sorry, there was a two-year period where he was an "honorary professor" at UPenn, during which time he was still a politician.) What major positive, lasting impacts has he had? In 50+ years, you'd think he'd have done quite a bit more, or at least been replaced by someone that could.

But yeah, keep believing that if only your side had a chance, this time it would be different... It's not going to be different.
JFC. Absolute stupidity.

OP is right though.

One side has no redeeming qualities while the other side has completely normalized discrimination against people in my demographic.

What is a random white dude who has no interest in foisting his religious views upon the rule of law to do?
I'm in your demographic? How am I being discriminated against?

Reactions: cigaretteman
OP is right though.

One side has no redeeming qualities while the other side has completely normalized discrimination against people in my demographic.

What is a random white dude who has no interest in foisting his religious views upon the rule of law to do?
Switch sides and foist your insane identity politics upon everyone while not being able to define what a woman is. You know…totally normal shit.

Reactions: HawCory
...more people would realize that both sides are terrible and neither side is good.

Unless you're a billionaire or a corporation or a rich foreign interest, none of them care about you, or the environment, or the immigrants, or the debt, or the unborn babies, or [insert every other issue here].

The only thing they care about is staying in power so they can continue to enrich themselves and their friends/donors. Everything else is just to keep people taking sides and fighting amongst themselves, and ignoring what's happening.

b24f543d-7a08-41e0-876b-0e9ef957f97c_text.gif

Though it's been much longer than 10 years, but still...... :cool:

Btw, (and this is all rhetorical, I'm not looking for any explanation, because I know exactly why you all pretend to ignore me ;)), I like how you guys are snapping back at Russ's takes when I've been saying the same damn thing on this board about Americans' idiotic tribalism stances in politics since the early Obama administration.

But like I said, you've got......*checks calendar*.............236 days to come together as an American public, putting the differences of your political parties aside, and correcting the f***-ups that you call Presidential candidates.

Or I won't be laughing at the circus, this time...........

And that's why I'd like to take this time to remind all of you, that while I am, and can be called, many things, I am still an Evil Monkey..........

Hope that helps. :D

good-talk-see-you-out-there.gif

One side is holding 3rd grade gay sex meetings at lunch without telling parents, while wearing "I'm the Teacher FOX News warns you about" T shirts and the other side is confused why it's so important for drag queens to be reading to their children in libraries.
You mean to tell me that of the millions of citizens that identify as Democrats, there's some crazy ones out there? Well I guess that settles it, both sides are the same!!

Let me know when the crazies are in the majority and running the party like they are for the Republicans.

I agree with OP. Both sides honestly just suck. It's wild as a kid you learn to "respect everyone" and "share" and use some forms of compromise. Then politicians as adults become the exact opposite and are nasty as hell to each other and are set in their ways and will not budge.

Since Trump got elected I am 1,000% convinced if he used his wealth to 100% wipe out the homeless problem by housing every single homeless person in America while also building 20 mental health and rehab centers in every state Democrats would still find a reason to complain about it.....

Same goes for Republicans if it were Biden too.
This is completely ridiculous. Add it to the list of why Democrats are better humans than Republicans. First we need to see the Republican Party ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING THAT BENEFITS MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS. Instead of protecting the wealthy. When they do, I guarantee Libs will say good job. The. Two. Parties. Are. Not. The. Same.

This is completely ridiculous. Add it to the list of why Democrats are better humans than Republicans. First we need to see the Republican Party ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING THAT BENEFITS MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS. Instead of protecting the wealthy. When they do, I guarantee Libs will say good job. The. Two. Parties. Are. Not. The. Same.
My scenario is clearly hypothetical and I stated the other side would do the same.

I also reserve the right to believe in my hypothetical make believe scenario that people can change for good so in my hypothetical scenario it is plausible Trump does something like this.

Kind of like how in non-hypothetical real life Joe Biden has once been quoted as saying "I do not want my children growing up in a racial jungle" when opposing the desegregation of busing. He clearly was back then but today I don't think Joe is racist.

You mean to tell me that of the millions of citizens that identify as Democrats, there's some crazy ones out there? Well I guess that settles it, both sides are the same!!

Let me know when the crazies are in the majority and running the party like they are for the Republicans.
The crazy far lefties don’t have any power. The radical right has eliminated moderate Republicans. But both sides are the same. Willful ignorance. I don’t get why they choose it.

My scenario is clearly hypothetical and I stated the other side would do the same.

I also reserve the right to believe in my hypothetical make believe scenario that people can change for good so in my hypothetical scenario it is plausible Trump does something like this.

Kind of like how in non-hypothetical real life Joe Biden has once been quoted as saying "I do not want my children growing up in a racial jungle" when opposing the desegregation of busing. He clearly was back then but today I don't think Joe is racist.
I’m just telling you, if Republicans did something positive for everyday Americans, for once, democrats would applaud it. I know I would.

I’m just telling you, if Republicans did something positive for everyday Americans, for once, democrats would applaud it. I know I would.
I believe you would.

There will be one democrat saying their new Portland, OR Trump Rehab sucks because it has one less room than the Tallahassee, FL Trump Rehab Center though.

It is a sad state of affairs that we are having this long and excruciating thread about which party sucks the most. The rabid supporters of either party will never admit that theirs is the worst. It is unfortunate that the days where at the end of the day, each side would at least shake hands are long gone. If America fails, it will be due to our inability to get along and compromise.

It is a sad state of affairs that we are having this long and excruciating thread about which party sucks the most. The rabid supporters of either party will never admit that theirs is the worst. It is unfortunate that the days where at the end of the day, each side would at least shake hands are long gone. If America fails, it will be due to our inability to get along and compromise.
If America fails it will be because one party was hell bent on electing a serial rapist that tried to overturn a an election. But democrats support trans individuals so there’s really no difference.

The GOP is an an anti American cult. The Democrats govern. Swing and a miss.

They cheered the burning of cities to the ground for an entire summer. Or are you going to pretend that whole summer of George was supported by just a small number of crazies? The left has always been better at revisionist history for sure.

This is completely ridiculous. Add it to the list of why Democrats are better humans than Republicans.
good lord- I bet you’re a blast at parties. Probably make a person declare their political affiliation before you grace them with your presence

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
It isn't about who is worse. They've tried explaining it to you.

You're both bad for everyone else in your own ways. There's no choice to be had here. You're both going................what's done is done.

236 days and counting.

Oh and obligatory laughing emoji "like" to break the uncomfortableness.

They cheered the burning of cities to the ground for an entire summer. Or are you going to pretend that whole summer of George was supported by just a small number of crazies? The left has always been better at revisionist history for sure.
List of people who cheered the burning of cities? I only remember the response to condemn the property destruction being slow, not cheering it on.

List of people who cheered the burning of cities? I only remember the response to condemn the property destruction being slow, not cheering it on.
The fvcking mayor of a major city told the police force to give the rioters room to fvck shit up. Are you forgetting CHAZ? 105 days in a row of riots in Portland? And the media’s constant enabling of them with their “mostly peaceful” nonsense every night something burned down or someone died.

Hell, it was declared at the peak of the pandemic that racism was more of a health threat than COVID and that it was Ok to ignore social distancing policy in lieu of protesting the police. But yeah…just a few.

Again, revisionism at its finest as usual.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
In the exact same way Kyle Rittenhouse has. Not at all. But we are talking about what’s on each side, right?

You guys always take more issue with your nutbags having a spotlight shined on them than the dumb shit said nutbags are doing.
No, we're pushing back against the false equivalency of "both sides" in this thread. You responded to a post about religious and gun fanatics affecting the actual law, with some anecdote you probably pulled from Fox news involving people with no actual power. I have no problem calling out idiot Democrats, there just happens to be a lot less of them. Not sure why you brought up Rittenhouse.

No, we're pushing back against the false equivalency of "both sides" in this thread. You responded to a post about religious and gun fanatics affecting the actual law, with some anecdote you probably pulled from Fox news involving people with no actual power. I have no problem calling out idiot Democrats, there just happens to be a lot less of them. Not sure why you brought up Rittenhouse.
Wait…are you suggesting the left doesn’t negatively impact things with their influence on laws?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT