ADVERTISEMENT

Will Frost's pressure tactics .....

GoldandBold

Rookie
May 18, 2018
catch up with him? Recruits have mixed feelings about this 'play at home or else' tactic. I know of one key recruit that told us that he's tired of the pressure. Will they figure out it is what is best for themsleves and not the ego of coach Frost?

With many D-1 schools that harvest players out of the midwest, this tactic could back fire.

It's all going to come down to results on the field. It's sad but true, if he wins, it will be embraced by all the HS coaches. If Scooter is average he will run some the wrong way. Coaches have pride also, they want the kid to go to the "best" program.

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalqlalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

What pressure tactics are you talking about? From all accounts, Henrich is trending towards Nebraska because he likes Frost & Ruud. Hickman's sounds like he wants to decide after the season. Probably 95% of instate recruits want to go to Nebraska anyways.

What offered instate Nebraska recruits have chosen Iowa over Nebraska anyways?

1. Noah Fant
2. Larry Station
3. One of the Prater bros in Bo's transition year

That about all I can come up with. Most Nebraska recruits that have chosen Iowa have done so without a Nebraska offer. Tarpinian, Shada, Bataza, etc are all Nebraska players if offered.

Frost's tactic isnt "commit or else" Its more like why are we letting good players go to other schools?

Last edited:
What pressure tactics are you talking about? From all accounts, Henrich is trending towards Nebraska because he likes Frost & Ruud. Hickman's sounds like he wants to decide after the season. Probably 95% of instate recruits want to go to Nebraska anyways.

1. Noah Fant
2. Larry Station

That about all I can come up with. Most Nebraska recruits that have chosen Iowa have done so without a Nebraska offer. Tarpinian, Shada, Bataza, etc are all Nebraska players if offered.

Yeah - Anyways!!! Lol

Reactions: LGEND24

1. Noah Fant
2. Larry Station

Frost's tactic isnt "commit or else" Its more like why are we letting good players go to other schools?
This is the definition of elitism, Nebraska could totally have all these players if they wanted them because they where born in Nebraska. What if Tim Dwight’s son was born in Lincoln Nebraska went to school there, you fans would think it’s a lock, Insiders close to the Heinrich situation have given you guys good evidence he actually may be heading to Wisconsin and you are not willing to accept it.

Nebraska is not a hotbed for recruiting. If you look at their lists of top 5 players in the state the last few years, they don't even have 5 3* players available each year. They are not going to get in the national title picture by recruiting their own state heavily. I'd like to see them take 10 Nebraska kids every year!!

Nebraska is not a hotbed for recruiting. If you look at their lists of top 5 players in the state the last few years, they don't even have 5 3* players available each year. They are not going to get in the national title picture by recruiting their own state heavily. I'd like to see them take 10 Nebraska kids every year!!
The 1995 huskers are the greatest football team to every play. Figured I would beat them to it.

This is the definition of elitism, Nebraska could totally have all these players if they wanted them because they where born in Nebraska. What if Tim Dwight’s son was born in Lincoln Nebraska went to school there, you fans would think it’s a lock, Insiders close to the Heinrich situation have given you guys good evidence he actually may be heading to Wisconsin and you are not willing to accept it.

Its not elitism its just the facts. I said 95 out of 100 instate recruits want to go to Nebraska. Thats just the way it is. Henrich could be the exception not the rule (and he still might go to Nebraska).

The same is true for Iowa and their instate kids for the most part. The difference is Iowa has 2 state schools. Same is true for Alabama, Georgia, etc. A place like Missouri is odd.

Its not really rocket science to say the instate kid wants to go to the instate school. Nebraska just has a bigger lockdown on their borders compared to most states.

Sweet another Nebraska thread...we all wonder why Nebby dbags hang out on HR....maybe cuz there are more threads about frost on HR then on their own sight.....lemme know how it turns out.

Sweet another Nebraska thread...we all wonder why Nebby dbags hang out on HR....maybe cuz there are more threads about frost on HR then on their own sight.....lemme know how it turns out.
We're not all dbags, my man. :)

Honestly, this post seems more like a troll attempt than anything else. Or, maybe another attempt to spread disinformation about the Husker program like a few people like to do around here. Pressure tactics on in-state recruits? Win at all costs mode? LOL.

Reactions: pacnorthhawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT