ADVERTISEMENT

Will Jack McCaffery end up at Iowa in the end?

magic-eight-ball-dont-count-on-it-photo-researchers-inc.jpg

As this point, how much will it really matter?

In 2020-2021, Fran had four NBA picks on the squad, which included a NPOTY and a future lottery pick (not to mention his two 4-star sons). Iowa still couldn’t make it out of the first weekend of the tournament.

Fran has now had more years than Dr. Tom. Am I the only one, besides message board extraordinaire Karnack, who is ready for a change?

In 2020-2021, Fran had four NBA picks on the squad, which included a NPOTY and a future lottery pick (not to mention his two 4-star sons). Iowa still couldn’t make it out of the first weekend of the tournament.

Fran has now had more years than Dr. Tom. Am I the only one, besides message board extraordinaire Karnack, who is ready for a change?
not sure if you are simply stupid or don't follow IA BB. Dr. Tom coached at IA for 13 years. plus Dr. Tom started with full deck vs Fran who had to fill the deck and restore IA to something the fans could get behind and excited about.

Fran did not run players off like some coaches do/did. it took time to get IA in position to attract the talent, he has gotten the occasional 4* top 100 player and the under rated player. but like all teams that struggle if there is a injury or two then the team struggles. the game vs Oregon these were injured players in that game
CJ played 13 minutes before leaving with that foot lower leg injuries. JBO was suffer from a shoulder injury and played 19 minutes, Connor was playing with hip injuries which required surgery on both Hips right after the season was done, kinda hard to beat anybody going down 3 starters in one game,

Garza scored 36 points with 9 rebounds
Wieskamp scored 17 points with 6 rebounds and 5 assists as for those other 2 NBA Players here were their stats,
Keegan M 24 Minutes, 6 points 2-9 1-5 from 3 and 1-2 FTL, 4 rbds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 1 block.
Kris M 3 Minutes 1 rebound and then 0's across the board
Patrick 20 minutes 10 points 4-6 2-2 FTL, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 stl and 1 block
JT 13 minutes, 5 points, 2 rebounds 4 assists, 2 steals the negative he had 3 TO's

neither Keegan nor Kris were NBA Player level as FR. no matter how some try to spin it.

then the next season neither Garza or Wieskamp were on that team. so it was the Keegan and Filip show
these were the top 3 scorers
Keegan 23.5 ppg
JBO 11.0 PPG
Patrick 10.5 ppg

the only player on that team that was a NBA player was Keegan. but like always these posters brag up a players ability before his career was done.

\nobody and I mean nobody knew or even suspected the Twins would end up NBA 1st RND draft picks
Patrick

• Love
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
not sure if you are simply stupid or don't follow IA BB. Dr. Tom coached at IA for 13 years. plus Dr. Tom started with full deck vs Fran who had to fill the deck and restore IA to something the fans could get behind and excited about.

Fran did not run players off like some coaches do/did. it took time to get IA in position to attract the talent, he has gotten the occasional 4* top 100 player and the under rated player. but like all teams that struggle if there is a injury or two then the team struggles. the game vs Oregon these were injured players in that game
CJ played 13 minutes before leaving with that foot lower leg injuries. JBO was suffer from a shoulder injury and played 19 minutes, Connor was playing with hip injuries which required surgery on both Hips right after the season was done, kinda hard to beat anybody going down 3 starters in one game,

Wieskamp scored 17 points with 6 rebounds and 5 assists as for those other 2 NBA Players here were their stats,
Keegan M 24 Minutes, 6 points 2-9 1-5 from 3 and 1-2 FTL, 4 rbds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 1 block.
Patrick 20 minutes 10 points 4-6 2-2 FTL, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 stl and 1 block
JT 13 minutes, 5 points, 2 rebounds 4 assists, 2 steals the negative he had 3 TO's

neither Keegan nor Kris were NBA Player level as FR. no matter how some try to spin it.

then the next season neither Garza or Wieskamp were on that team. so it was the Keegan and Filip show
Keegan 23.5 ppg
JBO 11.0 PPG
Patrick 10.5 ppg

the only player on that team that was a NBA player was Keegan. but like always these posters brag up a players ability before his career was done.

\nobody and I mean nobody knew or even suspected the Twins would end up NBA 1st RND draft picks
Patrick
I didn’t read any of that drivel.

Keegan 23.5 ppg
JBO 11.0 PPG
Patrick 10.5 ppg

Patrick
I think a lot of peoples issue with Cmac is clearly, IF he was that injured then WHY was he playing? Thats on Fran, because surely we'd have had a better shot at defending their guards with with someone off the bench then a guy who's a decent athlete with two bad hips and very limited mobility at that point. This was bad coaching, and theirs no other way to spin it....

Reactions: dean_oliver222

People talk about that 2020-2021 team like it was some monumental choke job and I just don't get it at all. Garza and Weezy are NBA benchwarmers. Neither has the athleticism required to actually get minutes in the NBA. In 2020-21, the Murrays still needed another year of development before they could be impactful. We had a number of other starters or major rotation players that weren't particularly athletic by D1 standards (although JBo and CJF were great shooters). That year we ran into Oregon, possibly the quickest team in the whole country and also very good at outside shooting, and they completely outclassed us athletically. If you want to criticize Fran for being unable to consistently recruit first-rate athletes who also have advanced offensive skills then that's fair. But for that 2020-21 team to beat Oregon, he'd have had to wave a magic wand and make them quicker (not to mention healthier).

Now the 2021-22 team definitely blew it against Richmond and that was very disappointing. Super fun last month of the season followed up by the most disappointing loss since, what, NW State in 2006?

People talk about that 2020-2021 team like it was some monumental choke job and I just don't get it at all. Garza and Weezy are NBA benchwarmers. Neither has the athleticism required to actually get minutes in the NBA. In 2020-21, the Murrays still needed another year of development before they could be impactful. We had a number of other starters or major rotation players that weren't particularly athletic by D1 standards (although JBo and CJF were great shooters). That year we ran into Oregon, possibly the quickest team in the whole country and also very good at outside shooting, and they completely outclassed us athletically. If you want to criticize Fran for being unable to consistently recruit first-rate athletes who also have advanced offensive skills then that's fair. But for that 2020-21 team to beat Oregon, he'd have had to wave a magic wand and make them quicker (not to mention healthier).

Now the 2021-22 team definitely blew it against Richmond and that was very disappointing. Super fun last month of the season followed up by the most disappointing loss since, what, NW State in 2006?
why? basically the same unathletic players. according to you, funny how they were athletic enough to compete vs BT teams,

Fran's teams were hit by the injury bug all to often, that is why the 23-24 team is so interesting.

my favorite 2 deep going into the season
PG/1 Bowen Harding
SG/2 Perkins Brix
SF/3 Patrick Sanfort
PF/4 Brauns Dembele
C/5 Krikke Freeman
2/3 FR Sanfort
C/4 Mulvey

now Fran has the players to have 5 on 5 practices, with majority able to play more than one position
6'1 Harding the 1-2,
6'2 Bowen the 1-2
6'4 Perkins the 1-2-3
6'5 Brix the 1-2-3
6'7 Sanfort 2-3-4
6'9 Patrick 3-4
6'10 Brauns 4-5 just updated before the trip overseas
6'9 Dembele 4-5
6'9Krikke 4-5
6'11 Freeman 4-5
6'7 Sanfort 2-3-4
6'11 Mulvey 4-5

that is the most divers group under Fran and can sustain injuries better than in the past.

Reactions: Torg
the covid year was the best chance they had at making the sweet 16.

as for JACK I could see him coming to IA IF they end the sweet 16 drought. plus the recruiting has improved to advance further in the NCAAT.

YES the recruiting has improved
2023 class
4* TOP 100 Sanfort
4* Harding by ESPN
4* Freeman by ESPN
4* Dembele Rivals
in the 24 class
4* Top 100 Koch
2022 class
4* Bowen
2021 class
4* Mulvey by ESPN
that's 4 in the 2023 class with 1 each in the 24-22-21 classes, for a total of 7 4*'s in the last 4 classes.

the 24 class is not done so we have no idea how that will shake up the totals.
think about that for awhile IA goes into the 23-24 season with 7 4*'s and 2 top 100 4* recruits. that is the most 4*'s that Fran has had on one his rosters.

with Koch already committed basically that means that Patrick drops off and Koch replaces him so the total doesn't change the only change is they get older with more experience in BT play.

I don't care honestly. If he wasnt Frans kid I wouldnt even care who he was. I'm not a big fan a Frans recruiting.

Edit: I'm not a fan of who he recruits for the system he runs.
so who should recruits? and since you don't care about anything that Fran does why are you even here? there a reason other than to bitch still be here, there are 351 D1 teams out there to follow, you won't be missed if you left right now.

you are the worst type of racist.

Remember, we're allies when it comes to this issue man. Believe me lmao.

Wisconsin cracked the code for how to win with White Boys. Which is a necessity for programs in our area/region. Fran's system is quite literally the polar opposite of how to win at Iowa.

Exhibit A: the utterly humiliating Oregon debacle from 2021.

Thats not even remotely close to reality.

That Oregon team was no where near the level of teams like Baylor or even Gonzaga in terms of quickness and athleticism.

Oregon got blown out the next game by USC who then got blown out by Gonzaga who turned around and got blown out by Baylor.

Its not that that particular game was a choke its that the season was a choke.

Fran played Connor, Jbo and CJ all year, and left Toussaint, Perkins and Kris on the bench and didn't start Keegan.

He surrounded Garza with a bunch of other bad defenders when Luka Weiskamp and Keegan could have carried two poor shooting guards if those guards could have played defense.

Iowa got destroyed by Oregon because of the complete lack of ability to defend by the back court.

Guys like Izzo sacrifice wins early to gain give their young talent the experience necessary to maximize potential at the end of the season. Fran usually takes the opposite approach and the results are consistent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT