ADVERTISEMENT

Will Jack McCaffery end up at Iowa in the end?

I honestly think Fran loves coaching and Iowa has been very good to him over the years. He’s not going to move on without giving plenty of professional courtesy for Iowa to plan and hire his replacement.

I had totally forgotten that Pat will be at Butler this upcoming season, but barring something unusual he won’t get an opportunity to play with Jack there.
Oh I know I was just being an ass lol.

• Love
Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Butler was tied for 8th in the Big East last year ahead of 2 win Georgetown and winless DePaul. This is not a knock on either McCaffery but it’s the right move for both boys. Way less scrutiny, and it’s hard playing for your dad. He’s not super athletic and would clearly struggle with the same defensive issues we’ve had over the years.

He picked Butler.
The funny thing is that the website that put the news out there thought it was weird that Fran couldn't land his own son, and that their info was that Iowa never even offered Jack. Basically it was a black eye for Iowa and Fran. The crap these sites put out there is amazing. I posted here more then 2 years ago that Jack would NEVER go to Iowa. Mama bears grumbling had already started, and then the accident. These clowns should do some research if these stories really mattered, but of course its all just about clicks now.....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT