ADVERTISEMENT

Will the cult die when he dies?

David Koresh had about 80 followers die with him.

Trump has millions of morons who would gladly die for the cause if it ever came to that. Millions.

Our country is so ****ed.

I think the David Koresh route is the least likely scenario. Although I have to say that there is a non-zero chance of it happening.

Eventually it will die out/splinter. It’s a cult of personality and celebrity, not policy. Yeah there are wannabes out there like Vivek but they come across as phony imitators. As said earlier, there are hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions that would actually give their life for Trump (or say they would - most of these people are wussies). I don’t see them doing that for someone like Vivek. Don Jr? Mypillow guy?

There will eventually be a vacuum at the top and an ensuing power struggle which will splinter the die hards.

Some of the policy will remain in the post-Trump GOP, but the traveling circus and rallies will die out.

Reactions: lucas80
Eventually it will die out/splinter. It’s a cult of personality and celebrity, not policy. Yeah there are wannabes out there like Vivek but they come across as phony imitators. As said earlier, there are hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions that would actually give their life for Trump (or say they would - most of these people are wussies). I don’t see them doing that for someone like Vivek. Don Jr? Mypillow guy?

There will eventually be a vacuum at the top and an ensuing power struggle which will splinter the die hards.

Some of the policy will remain in the post-Trump GOP, but the traveling circus and rallies will die out.
This. Only DJT has the power over the cult. Only he has the rare combination of shamelessness, no empathy for others, and a complete detachment from the truth.

Does anyone think we will reach the point in my lifetime when every Republican will tell other people they were Never Trumpers much like every Republican now tells people they didn't support the invasion of Iraq??

For reference I am 41 so figure my lifetime to be the next 40 years.

Phantom is about a controlling narcissistic freak who can’t stand losing and burns it all down in response.

Reactions: wausauhawk
I doubt there will be much of anything left of MAGA once Trump dies, it will all likely wither away in short order but some of his leading political supporters like MTG will try to breathe life into it and take control for their own political gain. It won’t work, they’re not the grand idiot after all and the followers will reject them for even trying.

I suppose it’s inevitable another fraudster like Trump will eventually emerge again, there’s no shortage of gullible rubes in this country after all.

I doubt there will be much of anything left of MAGA once Trump dies, it will all likely wither away in short order but some of his leading political supporters like MTG will try to breathe life into it and take control for their own political gain. It won’t work, they’re not the grand idiot after all and the followers will reject them for even trying.

I suppose it’s inevitable another fraudster like Trump will eventually emerge again, there’s no shortage of gullible rubes in this country after all.
There will always be room in the GOP for a racist authoritarian, I just don't see someone as skilled waiting in the wings win Trump dies.

im honestly not sure what happens, the MAGA wing is simply too big to fail. However, at the same time, no one has come close to capturing their attention like Trump has.

The lowest common denominator loves him. Which sadly is a great deal of America.
Trump has an uncanny ability to connect with the poor, despite a seething hatred of them. That's something only he has. I cannot see Ted Cruz, Ron DeSantis, Liddle Marco, Greg Abbott... Any of them being able to speak effectively to the poor like Trump does.

Trump has an uncanny ability to connect with the poor, despite a seething hatred of them. That's something only he has. I cannot see Ted Cruz, Ron DeSantis, Liddle Marco, Greg Abbott... Any of them being able to speak effectively to the poor like Trump does.
Agreed. How many times have we seen someone heralded as Trump-lite or something like that? That was supposed to be DeSantis’ schtick.

No ones come close to replicating what Trump does.

Don't know the answer, but wouldn't be opposed to finding out soon....very, very soon

Nope. Palin brought in the extremism originally and Trump perfected it. The RNC is now the Trump cult. Trump will eventually pass but the Trumpian-extremism will be set in politics for years to come.

Does anyone think we will reach the point in my lifetime when every Republican will tell other people they were Never Trumpers much like every Republican now tells people they didn't support the invasion of Iraq??

For reference I am 41 so figure my lifetime to be the next 40 years.
Hell you already see it here daily. The "both sides" idiots and the "I'm not a trumper buts...."

Reactions: LunchBox50
Hell you already see it here daily. The "both sides" idiots and the "I'm not a trumper buts...."

Ehh but they are defending him and you know they are gonna go vote for him.

Right now you can't find many right wingers who will defend either the Iraq War or George W. Bush. Bush himself is pretty much dead to them right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT