ADVERTISEMENT

Will you care as much about Iowa Football going forward?

Whats your level of support going forward?

• It wont change. I will still buy season tickets and donate

Votes: 91 40.3%
  • I will still buy tickets

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • I will drop donations and tickets but still go to some games

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • I will drop season tickets and still go to games

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I am done.

Votes: 41 18.1%
  • Not sure yet, re-evaluating my support for Iowa Football

Votes: 49 21.7%

• Total voters
Opportunity to make changes and be leaders. I trust the Hawkeyes to move forward on this issue, and restore pride.

Wow....16% saying they are done. 20% re-evaluating and another 20% reducing support.

Thats the thing. This is no win for the UI. The solution will alienate one segment or another and overall support drops.

I haven't been to game in almost 20 years, so I probably don't count.

However, I've been on a steep dive for pro sports (hockey is all I still watch), and a longer slower decline for college sports. The recent decision regarding athletes selling their image was huge to me, and now the recent revelations from players who I was a huge fan say the feel forced into a white culture is likely to finish me off.

I've long felt that the NFL/ NBA should run their own developmental leagues similar to hockey and baseball, and it feels even more applicable as I type this.......

Reactions: DewHawk
Amazed at how much has been done so quickly, the correct things to do. Its obvious that KF took ownership and loves what he does, loves the university and loves his players (old and new) and is loved in turn. He has rallied his coaches, ex-players and administrators and simply dug into the mountain of tasks cascading over the program. I hope everyone appreciates what a wonderful coach and man KF is.

Done going to games. Fan of college football..if there is a better game on I’ll watch that

I couldn't vote because my answer is entirely dependent on what direction they take. If they work out the stuff going on right now without firing good coaches and if they avoid protesting during the national anthem, my level of support will go up. If they choose to fire coaches based on political pressure and protest during our anthem, I will probably not watch or watch less. Just my opinion.

Yeah I'll still watch every game, care, and cheer for them all the same.

I wasn't born in Iowa and didn't move there until right before football practice started before my junior year of high school. I'm also not an alum. Regardless of all that, they are my team and that is not going to change.

I have lived in Nebraska for 20 years. Probably some of the most racist people I have ever met. I guarantee you they will be going to games this year.

OpulentFrailFireant-size_restricted.gif

they are a racist organization now. they were from the start of KF apparently. I will not support the hawKKKeyes. these players who had the nards to speak up are heros I say.

I watch because I like football but if football becomes a never ending pc shit show of complaining then I won't be watching.
I agree with the above comment. I stopped watching NFL for same reason. Sports was one of the few ways to get away from all of the BS, no longer true and may ruin it for everyone. This board is also becoming mostly political and not much fun any longer. A lot of people seemed to have lost their civility and everyone is guilty before being proven innocent, but the damage is already done. Very sad.

If you are able to watch what is happening with the players and recruits and still bail on Iowa, the program is better for it. When this all started it could've torn the team apart, but it's apparent that they're coming together to fix a problem that many people here refuse to believe exists. Passing immediate judgement without any actual knowledge of what any of these players has experienced. Fortunately, the players don't care what you think. Positive change is happening in Iowa. Love it or leave it, right?

If you are able to watch what is happening with the players and recruits and still bail on Iowa, the program is better for it. When this all started it could've torn the team apart, but it's apparent that they're coming together to fix a problem that many people here refuse to believe exists. Passing immediate judgement without any actual knowledge of what any of these players has experienced. Fortunately, the players don't care what you think. Positive change is happening in Iowa. Love it or leave it, right?
coming together to fire KF and ruin iowa football forever with a racism tag for life

I wish those that were offended would have spoke up when it happened.

I haven't been to game in almost 20 years, so I probably don't count.

However, I've been on a steep dive for pro sports (hockey is all I still watch), and a longer slower decline for college sports. The recent decision regarding athletes selling their image was huge to me, and now the recent revelations from players who I was a huge fan say the feel forced into a white culture is likely to finish me off.

I've long felt that the NFL/ NBA should run their own developmental leagues similar to hockey and baseball, and it feels even more applicable as I type this.......
I think it's funny you mention hockey's developmental program. There is no more strict, conforming, you have to look, dress, and act a certain way sport to come up through than hockey. HS age players wearing suits to the rink. Dress codes. No hats allowed. Scouts see you wearing the "wrong" short or clothes, looking the wrong way, not fitting the mold, will get you crossed off the list. And these are almost 99% white kids who deal with this, so race has nothing to do with it. Some of these Iowa players think KF is hard with his rules, at least they know the rules. These young hockey players have to deal with the unwritten rules of how to dress, think, and act starting at the age of 13-14 years old. One coach or scout says the word "uncoachable" and you are labeled and your young career is over before it started.

Did you ever wonder why NHL players come off as clean, soft spoken, team first guys who don't bring attention on themselves for the most part? It's because they have been conditioned that way and any player who does not conform has been weeded out a long time ago. Shoot, Iowa football players have it easy when it comes to Kirk's rules in comparison.

Sports was one of the few ways to get away from all of the BS, no longer true and may ruin it for everyone.
You poor thing. It must be terrible that players speaking out against racial injustice ruins one of the few ways YOU escape BS.

I always enjoy the “I’m a victim” crowd when it’s a topic that has nothing to do with them.

I will care more. Kirk 4.0. Not only am I loving it, I hope you bootlickers all leave.

You know, you’ve never made any sense with all your conspiracy theories and such but I truly think you’ve lost your mind. It’s time to seek help dude.

I am an alum...what am I asking for?

I am all for ending the use of racial language. However not for ending standards and the fact that they treated being kept off social media as some big issue makes me sick frankly.
It's just social media, who the f*** cares. People thinking twitter is THAT important, make me sick frankly, and that's coming from someone who is on social media every day. Every single player coming to Iowa knew they would lose twitter, they could leave at any time as well. Just like every single person moving to Arizona, knows it's gonna be hot as hell, if you don't like the heat, don't move to Arizona. Giving them twitter, with some of our emotionally challenged fans, after having a bad game, oh boy. Maybe, just maybe, KF was thinking he was protecting his players from crazy people as well. Maybe. I'm doubting with your agenda, this has crossed your mind, but it's likely at least half of why KF didn't want his players having it.

In this new age of "image and likeness" social media accounts for players have to be allowed. I think KF knows that is true, so Twitter should not be an issue going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT