ADVERTISEMENT

With the Heart of a Lion

Awesome!

Great attitude. Gilman will be in the mix for representing USA in the future, along with Ramos, Dennis and McD.

Reactions: #10Hawk
I really like the way Gilman has been wrestling this year.

On a side note, Gilman looks huge to me. Does he have a hard time making 125? I think he looks bigger than Clark. He is chiseled.

On a side note, Gilman looks huge to me. Does he have a hard time making 125? I think he looks bigger than Clark. He is chiseled.
I thought the same thing makes you wonder if it wouldn't be easier to swap weights next year.

Definitely a great article. It shows how, if you have a matching mentality, the right coach can make a monumental world of difference. The Brands brothers may never be able to compete with PSU in recruiting from top to bottom, but the lower weights will be as successful for Iowa as any other DI team for as long as the Brands are coaching!

Whew...thought this was going to be a PSU thread.
Dang, ping! I think you're the best HR poster with the one-liners.

If Chuck C hadn't won the Internet for the whole month with his stellar work taking care of a fellow Hawk fan in need of a ride to Big Tens, you would have won it for the day.

I thought the same thing makes you wonder if it wouldn't be easier to swap weights next year.

He is chiseled but he's not bigger overall than Clark. Cory is taller, for one. Cory had some struggles making 125 two years ago. Gilman appears to have no such struggle. He may have had even more energy on Sunday than Saturday.

Reactions: #10Hawk and moug
They were
They were both at 125 2 yrs ago and there was plenty of speculation it wasn't any too easy for CC to be there all season. Would be very surprised if that happened since CC looks great at 133 and Gilman has also stated he is a career 125er. That said, plenty of evidence (announcers/writers comments) he is really big for the weight.

PS McDonough and Ramos say no:)

Clark would not be interested in trying to make 125 for a year. It was hard enough for him as a freshman.
A. 125- Laux 133- Gman 141- Clark
B. Gman, Clark, Carton/Turk.
Group B has the edge unless Gman started struggling to make 125. Laux may be wanting to take a shot at the 141 spot.

Laux would have to be a ton improved to be a better option than Turk/Carton let alone justify bumping the other two guys up when making weight does not seem an issue for them.

yeah that was ,when a big stud like brooks comes right out with it like that it shows what respect gman gets from his team.if you are doing things the right way it will be noticed and mimicked by others with the same goals. really find it wild terry hasn't a clue where his world champion belt is, I 'd wear that thing everyday the rest of my life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT