ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA Officiating

Two things I hate hearing about with regards to officiating….”they’ll never get that call on the road”….if it’s a foul at home, it’s a foul on the road. The second is….”a rookie is not going to get that call”…..if it’s a foul on a veteran, it should be a foul on a rookie. When they put qualifiers on what they call, the results are sub par.

How does one initiate being blind side hip checked from behind before the ball is inbounded?
Well……..as I said I didn’t watch the game but some said that there was an exchange on the other end of the court BEFORE the hip check. Just wanted to know who initiated it. Pretty simple really.

Well……..as I said I didn’t watch the game but some said that there was an exchange on the other end of the court BEFORE the hip check. Just wanted to know who initiated it. Pretty simple really.
It is simple. Just because you get tangled up on a prior play, you know, playing, doesn’t mean that initiates a dead ball cheap shot later in the game. For your analogy to make any sense, Caitlin would have needed to commit a dead ball cheap shot. Go ahead and watch the game before enlightening more further.

Reactions: MAXIMUSHAWKEYE
It is simple. Just because you get tangled up on a prior play, you know, playing, doesn’t mean that initiates a dead ball cheap shot later in the game. For your analogy to make any sense, Caitlin would have needed to commit a dead ball cheap shot. Go ahead and watch the game before enlightening more further.
Why would Caitlin have to do anything more than talk trash? The pounding she’s taking is not a “get even with” retaliation. They are sending a message each time to take her concentration away from playing freed up. Worrying about when and where the next bogus hack she takes and what damage it may cause is taking its toll on her.

Carter took it to another level, no matter what took place at the other end previous to the hip check. And why not? Maybe it’s because there seems to be a league wide “zero repercussions” to the “Hazing” Caitlin is going through. All pretty much proven to be premeditated with the preseason statements by WNBA veterans.

Why would Caitlin have to do anything more than talk trash? The pounding she’s taking is not a “get even with” retaliation. They are sending a message each time to take her concentration away from playing freed up. Worrying about when and where the next bogus hack she takes and what damage it may cause is taking its toll on her.

Carter took it to another level, no matter what took place at the other end previous to the hip check. And why not? Maybe it’s because there seems to be a league wide “zero repercussions” to the “Hazing” Caitlin is going through. All pretty much proven to be premeditated with the preseason statements by WNBA veterans.
So it would seem you agree with me.

Although I don’t think Taurasi’s comments were malicious, but I believe her comment that CC will get ‘welcome to the league moments’ has probably influenced CC’s opposition to play CC tougher than most other players.

Bottom line, Caitlin needs to tell the league to clean this shit up or she's walking.

They can go back to obscurity and she'll make hers somewhere else.
Yep. She needs to have a sit down and a “let’s clear up the bullsh!t” face to face with W “leadership” (apologies to actual leaders for that association with these jokers). Remind that they need her and she doesn’t really need them.

This might be the worst element of the whole thing. Has no one on her team got her back or is everyone free to take a shot at her without fear of retribution? I can't remember another situation in college or pro, men or women, where someone took a blindsided cheap shot like that and no one came to their defense. It makes you wonder what CC's relationship is with her

Yep. She needs to have a sit down and a “let’s clear up the bullsh!t” face to face with W “leadership” (apologies to actual leaders for that association with these jokers). Remind that they need her and she doesn’t really need them.

I wonder how Clark would be seen on a European team. The style there seems to be more free flowing and definitely more enjoyable to watch. The refs are much better also.

I wonder how Clark would be seen on a European team. The style there seems to be more free flowing and definitely more enjoyable to watch. The refs are much better also.
Interesting. If so that's definitely an option but the endorsement money might not be the same.

Reactions: GHawk
I doubt if her dad would let her quit.
I am almost afraid to go look, but who is running that league anywho? I am going to go look....
Underneath that ponytail and skinny frame is an apex predator mindset. She won’t quit. I believe she will adapt and eventually change the league. However, I was hoping for a revolution but it might be more of an evolution.

well, I found the head honcho of the W used to be CEO of Delloitte and Dousche, or I mean Toush, hey I mean, at least we know she's all about money...

She can’t leave. She would look like a coward crybaby and let them win. She won’t let them win.
Unfortunately I think they will cause an injury that will require her to quit or play injured all the time. Then they will just say she was not tough enough.

I think so. She would be letting them run her off.
One thing I’ve learned watching Caitlin over the past two plus years is that whatever the game is, don’t bet against her winning it. Whether that’s her playing the game she’s been dealt, or her changing the game entirely, my money will always be on her winning.

Reactions: Tenacious E
So how freaking poetic would this be? CC leaves the W for Europe, changes her citizenship to Croatian, and then teams up with Nika Muhl to beat Team USA for the Olympic Gold. I know, I know…

My biggest beef with the WNBA refs is the excessive amount of time it takes them to review plays. Why is it always such long, drawn out process? Good grief - each call gives you time to grab another adult beverage, microwave a snack, and feed the dog. The officials should be given a 60 second time clock.

My biggest beef with the WNBA refs is the excessive amount of time it takes them to review plays. Why is it always such long, drawn out process? Good grief - each call gives you time to grab another adult beverage, microwave a snack, and feed the dog. The officials should be given a 60 second time clock.
do you have a camera in my house? this is my routine. right down to feeding the dog. and that guy really eats!! sometimes I gotta think for a moment, did I just feed him? he's still begging for more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT