ADVERTISEMENT

WOB or not WOB - you decide

If a car is pimped/optioned out, is it:

• tricked out

Votes: 114 97.4%
  • tripped out

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
I see Joe finally arrived to cast his vote.
4002cbacdaf91a9d139123d2c068bf78.jpg

Reactions: runkpanole

I'm sure "Cleveland Steamer" isn't in Merriam-Webster, either.... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: runkpanole

I'm sure "Cleveland Steamer" isn't in Merriam-Webster, either.... 🤣
Not seeing any definition of "tripped out" in the "urban dictionary" that supports a claim that a car can be tripped out.

Lol. Not the best use of words, but makes perfect sense and is nowhere even NEAR being a WOB.

Any THING in the world can be considered "tripped out". It just means crazy strange to a high level. We got it from "Cheech and Chong" as kids, and used it to the point that it irritated my parents.

Lol. Not the best use of words, but makes perfect sense and is nowhere even NEAR being a WOB.

Any THING in the world can be considered "tripped out". It just means crazy strange to a high level. We got it from "Cheech and Chong" as kids, and used it to the point that it irritated my parents.
Well then, I encourage you to use the term freely and have people overtly or covertly mock you.

I got nothing against "tricked out". I would be vote #101 if we were voting on the better word for that sentence, but it's not improper and it's not a WOB.

Not seeing any definition of "tripped out" in the "urban dictionary" that supports a claim that a car can be tripped out.
If you had an older base model pickup with one mirror, blackwall tires, and hubcaps, BUT it had paint that changed color as you walked around it.....

Would that truck be "tricked" out , or "tripped out"?

A vehicle can be referred to as being "tricked' out,.. whereas an electrical breaker can be described as being "tripped out"...

If you had an older base model pickup with one mirror, blackwall tires, and hubcaps, BUT it had paint that changed color as you walked around it.....

Would that truck be "tricked" out , or "tripped out"?
Ok chief, you tell me if this that was what Joe's Place was going for:
Nuts

My neighbor's house was purchased 1 year after mine for about what my house had listed for (but I negotiated down on it). They divorced and sold this year; went for >$200k more than just 6 yrs ago.

And, apparently the inside wasn't terribly well kept up, as the new folks had flooring redone, and just got all new appliances this weekend; the older appliances that were being dragged out were definitely "not a selling point"....

A correction is most certainly on the horizon, as I don't see how these prices are sustainable.

The other thing I tend to notice around here, is that in the neighborhoods of $0.5M to $1M priced homes, people drive Subarus and Hondas and Toyotas (a few Teslas).

When you go to the "apartments" and $200-300k houses, you see folks with the tripped out trucks and Mercedes/Lexus/BMWs. Sure, those are around here, too, but many of the folks in the high-end houses seem to spend a lot less on their cars....and have a lot more invested in their properties....

Who says HROT can't unite for a common cause? This might be more impressive the ISU's 0-19 conference record in basketball this year.

Didn't read it, other than the poll, but have already admitted it was not the best word to use.

Improper? Nope. I've been describing things as tripped out for 50 years.

WOB? Lol, not even close.

Didn't read it, other than the poll, but have already admitted it was not the best word to use.

Improper? Nope. I've been describing things as tripped out for 50 years.

WOB? Lol, not even close.
If this was a baseball game, as of 3:08 CST on 3/11/21, you were outscored 105-0 by some of the stingiest WOB granters around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT