ADVERTISEMENT

Woke and white people.

7ace90a8-8c40-465c-9fe3-587f79d5e905_text.gif

It's weird that he would post his SAT score, as that is not required by Cornell as part of the admissions process. Was the kid not aware of the admission requirements?

That said, how do we know he did not get in because he is white?
Who cares, I want to be outraged

Reactions: fsu1jreed
It's weird that he would post his SAT score, as that is not required by Cornell as part of the admissions process. Was the kid not aware of the admission requirements?

Are they yet another school that's done away with standardized testing?

Because this school is extremely selective, getting a high SAT score and GPA is vital to having a chance at getting in. If you don't pass their SAT and GPA requirements, they'll likely reject you without much consideration.

To be safe, you should aim for the 75th percentile, with a 1540 SAT and a 4.07 GPA or higher to be above average.

This is only part of the challenge - after this, you'll need to impress them beyond your academic scores, with your accomplishments and extracurriculars. But if you apply with a 1480 SAT or below, you unfortunately have a small chance of getting in.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Are they yet another school that's done away with standardized testing?

Also…SAT Total Range*1470–1550

Because this school is extremely selective, getting a high SAT score and GPA is vital to having a chance at getting in. If you don't pass their SAT and GPA requirements, they'll likely reject you without much consideration.

To be safe, you should aim for the 75th percentile, with a 1540 SAT and a 4.07 GPA or higher to be above average.

This is only part of the challenge - after this, you'll need to impress them beyond your academic scores, with your accomplishments and extracurriculars. But if you apply with a 1480 SAT or below, you unfortunately have a small chance of getting in.

Ok that is the white person requirements, what about other people?

• Haha
Reactions: Flie and abby97
Ok that is the white person requirements, what about other people?

That is no ones requirements according to Cornell

Since April 2020, Cornell has not required first-year applicants to submit SAT or ACT exam scores. Three of Cornell’s undergraduate colleges—Agriculture and Life Sciences; Architecture, Art, and Planning; and the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business—do not use test scores as part of their admission process. Applicants to Cornell’s five other undergraduate colleges—Arts & Sciences; Engineering; Human Ecology; Jeb E. Brooks School of Public Policy; and the School of Industrial and Labor Relations—have the option to submit SAT and/or ACT scores, although they are not required.

Cornell

That is no ones requirements according to Cornell

Since April 2020, Cornell has not required first-year applicants to submit SAT or ACT exam scores. Three of Cornell’s undergraduate colleges—Agriculture and Life Sciences; Architecture, Art, and Planning; and the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business—do not use test scores as part of their admission process. Applicants to Cornell’s five other undergraduate colleges—Arts & Sciences; Engineering; Human Ecology; Jeb E. Brooks School of Public Policy; and the School of Industrial and Labor Relations—have the option to submit SAT and/or ACT scores, although they are not required.

Cornell
Not using ACT or SAT scores is just another way the left has chosen to practice racism. You want a color blind society, using test scores is the quintessential way of picking the best without race/sex/age/etc being a factor. (But of course that is the exact opposite of what modern leftist academia wants) Last time I checked 2x2=4 and the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776 regardless of race, just sayin.......

I was going to say the same thing. That's quite the leap to assume that his skin color had anything to do with the decision. Based on the "resume" he posted, he looks exactly like the other 10,000 applicants Cornell probably got that year. A more logical guess is that he didn't show anything remarkable during his interview and someone else got chosen.

Which school you graduate from is really overrated anyway. Some of those schools provide access to people who can give you an inside track to a good job, but doing well in school and being able to interview well will also give you and inside track for a good job. Probably a better track because you will for sure be able to do the work once you are hired.

Not using ACT or SAT scores is just another way the left has chosen to practice racism. You want a color blind society, using test scores is the quintessential way of picking the best without race/sex/age/etc being a factor. (But of course that is the exact opposite of what modern leftist academia wants) Last time I checked 2x2=4 and the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776 regardless of race, just sayin.......
Please elaborate on the rights black people had in 1776 all the way up to the 1960s please, and how that wasn't racial and unfair. Thanks.

Please elaborate on the rights black people had in 1776 all the way up to the 1960s please, and how that wasn't racial and unfair. Thanks.
What in the world does your statement have to do with anything? My statement was SAT/ACT tests give everyone a fair playing field in which to show their skills and knowledge. There is no other way to compare different students from different high schools with different teachers and grading systems and guidelines to one another. The fact that blacks were slaves in the 1770's has as much to do with that fact as does the fact that birds fly and turtles crawl. Stop trying to bring race into EVERYTHING!

Reactions: Roncuba55
What in the world does your statement have to do with anything? My statement was SAT/ACT tests give everyone a fair playing field in which to show their skills and knowledge. There is no other way to compare different students from different high schools with different teachers and grading systems and guidelines to one another. The fact that blacks were slaves in the 1770's has as much to do with that fact as does the fact that birds fly and turtles crawl. Stop trying to bring race into EVERYTHING!
LOL! YOU brought up 1776. YOU brought up racism. This thread is clearly about race.

I don't have the construction paper and crayons to explain this to you further, abby.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
LOL! YOU brought up 1776. YOU brought up racism. This thread is clearly about race.

I don't have the construction paper and crayons to explain this to you further, abby.
No, I said the fact that 2x2=4 or that the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776 are the same facts for everyone. Please allow me to explain this in a way even you might understand. The reason many schools have eliminated standardized tests for admission is because their use proved unfortunate when trying to justify race based acceptance to their institutions. That is a fact whether you like it or not.

The breadth of your simplistic thinking is extraordinary.

• Love
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
WTF does that have to do with a 17 year old kid in 2023?
In 1776 my Irish ancestors were not allowed to go to school in Ireland because their British rulers forbade schools that taught Irish to read/write. I should be forever damaged!

• Wow
Reactions: Tom Paris
According to the state of Oregon.
Yeah good for those folks. They are also finally waking up to the fact that ignoring hard drug use among the homeless in Portland might not be real swell but that horse has left the damn barn.
I’ve crossed Portland off my bucket list. Not a huge loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT