ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s Selection Sunday thread (Iowa Earns 1-Seed in Albany Region)

Ohio State has the toughest road by far of any one or two seed to reach the final four. And it’s not even close! At least Notre Dame will play Oregon State in the sweet sixteen. Ohio State will have to play the team second most likely to win the entire thing in the sweet sixteen!

I think you and @skydog0784 are wrong. One of the ESPN gals who watches more women's basketball than any of us just said Iowa has the hardest road to the Final 4.

She's right. And she obviously would agree with me when I said that I would rather be in Ohio State's region than in our current region.

And you think UConn is the second most likely to win the National Championship? Really?

ESPN Prediction.. Actual

Portland 3

1. Stanford.............USC
2. LSU.....................Ohio State
3. UCONN..............UConn
4. Gonzaga............Virginia Tech

Albany 2

1. IOWA ................IOWA
2. UCLA.................UCLA
3. Notre Dame.....LSU
4. Colorado..........Kansas State

Last edited:
Lets goooooo
March Madness Sport GIF by NCAA Championships
Ohio State a 2 seed? What were they smokin?

Any word on Molly playing? I like how the recent starting lineup has performed but it’s always nice to have another fresh pair of legs.
You are right to ask. Our biggest problem is not the teams in the brackets, it's the injury to Molly. Her at full strength gives us a depth advantage in a tournament and the ability to run the other teams elite bigs out of the game. Without her, it will be tough.

I think you and @skydog0784 are wrong. One of the ESPN gals who watches more women's basketball than any of us just said Iowa has the hardest road to the Final 4.

She's right. And she obviously would agree with me when I said that I would rather be in Ohio State's region than in our current region.

And you think UConn is the second most likely to win the National Championship? Really?

ESPN Prediction.. Actual

Portland 3

Albany 2

3. Notre Dame.....LSU
They were based on a guy I follow. Their odds will drop heavily now that Uconn aren’t a two seed.
As far as Ohio State, you can’t look at their “bracket,” you have to look at their path. Iowa and OSU were never going to be in the same brackett. You think Ohio State has an easier path to the final four in beating UConn and Southern Cal than Iowa beating K State and UCLA/LSU???

Give me a two seed that Iowa can have?!?
It wasn’t going to be Notre Dame because they are the lowest seeded with South Carolina.
It can’t be Ohio State.
You’d rather have Stanford??? Stanford is a bad matchup for Iowa.
You can't just look at one other team.

The consensus among the experts is that Iowa is in the toughest bracket. You based yours on "one guy". 🤣

Last edited:
Look at the path, not just one other team.

The consensus among the experts is that Iowa is in the toughest bracket.
Iowa’s path is K-State and LSU/UCLA.
South Carolina has the easiest path without question.
USC has to go Virginia Tech and OSU/UConn.
Texas has Gonzaga and Stanford.
I’d say Iowa has a pretty hard four seed but better elite eight matchup than playing Stanford or UConn. Just my opinion.

They were based on a guy I follow. Their odds will drop heavily now that Uconn aren’t a two seed.
As far as Ohio State, you can’t look at their “bracket,” you have to look at their path. Iowa and OSU were never going to be in the same brackett. You think Ohio State has an easier path to the final four in beating UConn and Southern Cal than Iowa beating K State and UCLA/LSU???

I said that I would rather be the #2 seed in Ohio State's region than the #1 seed in our current region.

Kansas State in the Sweet 16? BAD matchup for Iowa.

LSU or UCLA will be in the Elite 8. LSU is loaded with size and talent; if they just get their shit together....

ESPN Prediction.. Actual

Portland 3

Albany 2

3. Notre Dame.....LSU

I said that I would rather be the #2 seed in Ohio State's region than the #1 seed in our current region.

Kansas State in the Sweet 16? BAD matchup for Iowa.

LSU or UCLA will be in the Elite 8. LSU is loaded with size and talent; if they just get their shit together....

ESPN Prediction.. Actual

Portland 3

Albany 2

3. Notre Dame.....LSU
Just so we are clear you think the easier path to the final four is beating UConn and then Southern California rather than beating K State and UCLA/LSU?

I don't want Iowa to lose but if they do I hope the viewership goes way down. The dumbasses on the committee should of thought about that before they put us in the toughest bracket in the tourney.

everyone except @Steamboat529529 thinks we are in the toughest bracket in the tourney

heck, the potential Sweet 16 match up should worry Hawk fans; we lost by 7 to K-State at home and then won by 7 on a neutral site.

Reactions: herkhatescy
yes

i would much rather play USC in the Elite 8 than LSU (who I think will beat UCLA)
That’s not the question. OSU has to beat UConn in the sweet sixteen to get to USC. Iowa has to beat K State. UCLA is the team that really got screwed in Iowa’s region.
K State is a tough matchup as a four seed, would rather play Gonzaga or Virginia Tech. But Iowa was either going to have UCLA or Stanford as a two seed. So that’s not really controversial.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT