ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s Selection Sunday thread (Iowa Earns 1-Seed in Albany Region)

Last edited:
It's not the greatest draw, but KSU has lost 6 of their last 11. Who's to say they will even be there for Iowa at this point. LSU isn't as good as last year's team that beat Iowa. 70 of their 100 points they scored against Iowa is gone, and Van Lith isn't playing as well as she was last year. We will be fine. Affolter vs Morrow will be fun too.

I demand victories, that is all. Not sure why we are gnashing teeth over matchups, once the whistle blows all the media attention and hashing over stats, etc goes out the window. I do know this and good point, a potential rematch with LSU will be nuts, I'm not sure they even get there however.

It must be incredibly lonely on the hill you died on....

You see that’s a terrible comparison. And you know nothing about soccer to post that. In a World Cup, you play everyone in your group. So it truly is a group of death because you play everyone. As opposed to a tough bracket, where there are a lot of good teams on the bottom side of the bracket you won’t play. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😊

The Iowa WBB and ISU MBB complaining is obnoxious; were people expecting to get Arizona St at the 2, and Wake Forrest at the 3?

News flash, you'll likely be playing very good teams by the time you get to the sweet 16. Cope.

Last edited:
You see that’s a terrible comparison. And you know nothing about soccer to post that. In a World Cup, you play everyone in your group. So it truly is a group of death because you play everyone. As opposed to a tough bracket, where there are a lot of good teams on the bottom side of the bracket you won’t play. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😊

Tell that to Tom Kakert.

And I never claimed I knew anything about soccer. But you know that.

And you completely missing the point? Not surprised at all.

Reactions: HawkMD
The Iowa WBB and ISU MBB complaining is obnoxious; were people expecting to get Arizona St at the 2, and Wake Forrest at the 3?
Yes. I want the easiest path possible to a national championship with a 16 seed waiting in the Finals, that is down to the coach's 8 yr old son, two practice squad players, and Jenny from Sports Information for available players.

I think all this griping about the bracket says a lot about the growth of women's basketball. 10 years ago, you looked at the 1 seeds and maybe the 2 seeds and said they had a chance. Now, we're talking about the 4 seeds in these brackets and maybe even a little 'concerned' about the 8/9 seeds. This is good for women's basketball.

LSU is a tough matchup for Iowa simply because of the added media pressure and narrative. Nevermind the emotional weight of the championship loss last year. On the other hand, a chance to sleigh that dragon! Beating them would go a long way to closing that narrative for good.

*I've seen nearly all the Pac12 teams play great and play terrible. Not sure which team would show up on any given night.

*This tourney all balances on Clark playing like she did last year. An off night anywhere will make it tough to advance, but they can do it.

happy-skyrim-holidays.jpg

I think all this griping about the bracket says a lot about the growth of women's basketball. 10 years ago, you looked at the 1 seeds and maybe the 2 seeds and said they had a chance. Now, we're talking about the 4 seeds in these brackets and maybe even a little 'concerned' about the 8/9 seeds. This is good for women's basketball.
Absolutely true.

I also still haven't forgiven the people on the committee that paired us with Gonzaga in Spokane, and then used a bunch of chicken sh** backhanded excuses to explain it away.

So that aspect of the tournament hasn't f***ing changed.............

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
as a k-state fan, here's some perspective from the wheat fields for you hawks.

first, yoki lee, k-state's oft-injured center, is back but still recovering, certainly not 100%. most of the recent losses were due to her absence or playing hurt. that written, k-state does seem to have peaked early with that win in iowa city and a long run that took them to #2 in the nation before lee's injury.

but before our potential game, be careful with wvu. they have a cat quick guard, quinerly, who, next to texas's madison booker, is the best in this league. iowa should be able to abuse them in the paint once they get beyond wvu's aggressive press. the eers are well coached.

if we get to play iowa again, it will be like a conference game, won't it. the teams know one another very well now after playing three, hopefully four over the past couple years. let's hope both lee and your molly are good to go. we're excited.

ADKq_NazBxC_fkfQWiQeob6q6V4w4FYPVNse6Cx6FXPir8K7bI7mQ14UAmhjEy7HpcFdcCuzEeevdYcCyCP1okg2t2TKbLHfygl0Z6WuU6vl0O27_6rwuWOVqM26XinUARchQFXvmV7Tg3EJIbrvbBjnu42mOGI6MXRPXgAj_V7_03-5-6FvOrXT3YyYL0oE=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:
I love the hype skewed seedings making the tournament more interesting!! KSU is only ranked 16th in last polls and LSU/UCLA both avg 7th. To me, LSU is the one being screwed........and I like it!

Bulletin Board material.... another tired sports cliche'.

Oh wait....what? They said they want to beat us...well, we're gonna try harder now!
And yet the GOAT, MJ always used the slightest bit of trash talk to motivate him. Turned out well for that guy....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT