ADVERTISEMENT

Women are the Root Of All Evil....

Joes Place

HR King
Aug 28, 2003

...according to Tucker C.

Let's sit back and see how long Jenny Craig remains an advertiser....

Without being able to hear the video I agree with a few of his claims.

Males are constantly disparaged - The tone seems a little victimized and I don't like that. But like it or not it's still ok to drag out sexist tropes against men in media/entertainment that is not ok for women. I would say "It's still PC to be sexist against men." Seems less victimized but it's absolutely true.

Masculinity is not toxic - No more then femininity anyways. Idiocy is toxic. Most of what I hear labeled as "toxic masculinity" is just a man being an idiot. But we never call it "toxic femininity" when a woman is an idiot. Honestly of all of these it's really sad that people think it's dumb to say that. Look at this and you can see why I see #1 to be true.

Now ones I don't agree:

We need to valorize males: We already do when men act with valor. It's actually the thing that society wants the most out of men . . . to sacrifice themselves for the greater good. We already praise this.

Valor, courage, chivalry, heroism, and war are uniquely male. BULLCRAP Several years ago a female MP took down a mass shooter on a military base. Pretty sure that took valor, courage, and heroism.

A lot of females angry for no reason: True in a sense but there is generally a lot of people angry for no reason. Certainly not limited to females.

Almost impossible to find sexism today: Bullcrap you can easily find plenty of sexism against both men and women. In fact by saying this you kind of undercut all of your other arguments.

giphy.gif

His main point was that when men can't get decent jobs, women won't marry them. As a consequence there are more single parent families. However, Carlson and his guest did go off on other rants.

Reactions: Lurker1999
In a marriage where the wife earns more money in
her career, then her husband earns at his job, then
you will have some hidden resentment by both of
them.

When a wife can be economically independent of
her husband, then she has the freedom to wonder
why she even needs him. In extreme cases the
wife will tire of the husband's low salary and decide
to divorce him.

...and men not getting "decent jobs" is womens' fault, Amirite?

No. And, Tucker Carlson didn't take that position. In fact, two circumstances discussed were the loss of auto worker jobs its impact on black families and its white counterpart , rural unemployment caused by corporate ag.

them.

to divorce him.

Wow. 1950 called, they want their old man back.

them.

to divorce him.

Jesus, what a terrible comment. I feel bad for your wife. Do you beat her with a belt when she acts out and has an opinion of her own?

them.

to divorce him.

Nope. I love that my wife makes more than me. Why on earth would I resent her for that.

them.

to divorce him.
caveman-fake-teeth--mw-100132-1.jpg

I wonder how many good men have died over that little gash.

But it's 2019 so it makes the dude look like the fool for saying that. And wasn't he the bow tie guy? If so maybe he shouldn't criticize anyone.

them.

to divorce him.

My wife makes more than me. The only resentment, if you can call it that, is that I'll retire at 51, she'll retire at 60. There is no resentment over money. If you're marriage is going to fall apart because the wife makes more than the husband, there are bigger problems than money. Money isn't the cause, it's merely a symptom...generally of the man thinking 1952 sounds good.

I don't know what the underlying cause of his misogyny is, but I suspect it has something to do with constantly being told he has a purty mouth and luxurious wavy hair.

I would have guessed ol' Tucker would go under the knife before Bruce Jenner, TBH.

Perhaps his inner woman is fighting his inner man?

Must be something to it.

There are still wives in the 21st century who resent
their husbands for lacking ambition to get a good job.
They want to be married to a man who has the drive
and desire to make something out of his life. The
Mr. Mom who stays home and cares for the kids is
not a role model. Women want to be married to a
man not a household nanny.

them.

to divorce him.
I always made more money than my husband. The salary gap continued to grow as i completed each degree. I never resented him for not matching my salary. He works for FedEx and that actually made it easier for him to pick up our daughter (no pics) from school and take her dance every day.

I wanted the divorce, after 19 years. It had nothing to do with money. We used a mediator, I walked away with almost nothing (my choice), I pay child support and alimony (4 years left...WHOOOO! but it could have been LIFETIME so I win) and it was the best decision of my life. I am much happier and have a much better relationship with my child and my boyfriend than I ever thought was possible. I never knew how unhappy I really was.

sa2.jpg
quote-we-re-not-sexists-we-re-chauvinists-we-re-male-chauvinist-pigs-and-we-re-happy-to-be-rush-limbaugh-65-41-94.jpg

Tucker ain't the most alpha male out there, especially during his bow tie days. Dude reminded me of some chicks in law school.

Some years I make more, some years my wife (no pics) has made more.

It never threatened my masculinity to be on the short end of the stick, but it bothers her.

It doesn't bother all women but I honestly think it bothers some women and you wouldn't know it until it happens.

My wife was the same way. She made more than I did for about 6 months. Prior to those 6 months she told me several times I should stay in my job because of security. 2 days after her promotion that had her making single digit percentage points more than I did she makes a comment out of blue about my lack of ambition.

It's cool now and we worked it out. But there are a lot of women who probably themselves don't think it's an issue but when it happens it bothers them.

I think it's naive to think it isn't an issue for a lot of people today. There is still a socialized mindset of men's job being to provide. And my wife and I both grew up with dads that worked and moms that stayed home. Also why men's incomes are much more meaningful to their attractiveness to women than visa versa.

You put a Kate Upton in a Wal-Mart uniform and she will still a long line of men who want to date her. Put Brad Pitt in a Wal-Mart uniform and his pickings are WAY slimmer.

Nobody knows what women want. It's simply unknowable. And, even assuming for argument's that it is knowable, they would simply change their mind and leave you in the dust. The whole topic is a waste of time.

And how TF would you know this?

Reactions: IACub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT