ADVERTISEMENT

Women

Glad the women cleaned up in Indiana, but where were the Gonzalez sisters? And Nyla Valencia? And Marlynne Deede? And Felicity Taylor? Lotta no-shows by the Hawks.

Glad the women cleaned up in Indiana, but where were the Gonzalez sisters? And Nyla Valencia? And Marlynne Deede? And Felicity Taylor? Lotta no-shows by the Hawks.
They (sans Valencia) wrestled on Friday in the duals. Probably just didn’t want another weigh in. It’s not like there were hot shot wrestlers here at all weights. Not a big deal. Bayless also didn’t wrestle on Saturday. Valencia got injured before the season and is not wrestling this season.

Reactions: TNTwrestle
They (sans Valencia) wrestled on Friday in the duals. Probably just didn’t want another weigh in. It’s not like there were hot shot wrestlers here at all weights. Not a big deal. Bayless also didn’t wrestle on Saturday. Valencia got injured before the season and is not wrestling this season.
Thanks for the info UnH.

The Regional is on Rofkin Friday. Would be nice to watch. Have to see what another subscription will cost I guess. Has the lineup for the tournaments come out yet? Heard Luft is going but not at the weight I thought. Is Foeller healthy and going?

The Regional is on Rofkin Friday. Would be nice to watch. Have to see what another subscription will cost I guess. Has the lineup for the tournaments come out yet? Heard Luft is going but not at the weight I thought. Is Foeller healthy and going?

Believe Rokfin is $10/month. Track will have brackets, but nothing much showing yet as far as lineups. All I currently see is that Iowa will have 15 wrestlers competing.

Top 4 at each weight(true 4th match if needed) will advance to Nationals.

Taylor is going 116 so both her and Brianna Gonzalez there. Too bad Taylor cant eat her way up to 130 but guess she has olympics to think about too.

Reactions: Grip220
What are the national NCWWC scoring rules? I know you can send 15 wrestlers and only score 10 but can you only score 1 at each weight or could you score 2 in the same weight?

What are the national NCWWC scoring rules? I know you can send 15 wrestlers and only score 10 but can you only score 1 at each weight or could you score 2 in the same weight?

Can only have one scorer at each weight and no bonus points if they meet head to head.

Reactions: HawkTalk3
Thanks for this. I've been very curious to see who the odd woman out would be; seems like it's Alivia. Sucks that she used up a year of eligibility only to not get to wrestle the postseason this year, but it's a damn tough lineup otherwise and I'm very excited to cheer on this team!
As the sport moves toward NCAA status eventually they will only be able to take 10 to nationals.

It’s only going to get tougher.

Thanks for this. I've been very curious to see who the odd woman out would be; seems like it's Alivia. Sucks that she used up a year of eligibility only to not get to wrestle the postseason this year, but it's a damn tough lineup otherwise and I'm very excited to cheer on this team!

That's with 3 injuries on the team...2 of which would have been locks to be on the roster...and I never did hear why Han vanished from the roster.

Question: are the scoring/non-scoring wrestlers determined before the tournament starts? Or do they just take the highest scorer per weight class per team when determining team scores? Because currently on Track it shows that the Gonzalez sisters, Larramendy, Deede, and Welker are NOT scoring wrestlers. But this could just be because there are no team scores yet to determine who actually is scoring or not

Question: are the scoring/non-scoring wrestlers determined before the tournament starts? Or do they just take the highest scorer per weight class per team when determining team scores? Because currently on Track it shows that the Gonzalez sisters, Larramendy, Deede, and Welker are NOT scoring wrestlers. But this could just be because there are no team scores yet to determine who actually is scoring or not

I think you are probably right and it'll end up being the highest scorer at each weight, although maybe for regional purposes it's different to keep things even for each team. It is kind of interesting that if you have two all-Americans at the same weight that doesn't necessarily mean the highest finisher scores the most points if someone cleans up on the backside with bonus points. I found an instance of that from McKendrees title team two years ago, 5th place scored more than 4th place. You could possibly be better bonusing your way to third place if you lose in the semis than making the final and losing, although I guess that can happen in men's as well. Sam Stoll scored way more points pinning in conso matches the one year than he could've winning close matches in the winner's bracket.

Could someone copy the list for those of us stuck with the paywall. I would pay for a month of Rokfin to watch this weekend, but you have to give them too much info up front just to see pricing, and the last time I paid for an event on there, they stuck me with multiple months before I could get out of my subscription. They don't have enough content I want to buy a whole year.

Reactions: Grapple24
Could someone copy the list for those of us stuck with the paywall. I would pay for a month of Rokfin to watch this weekend, but you have to give them too much info up front just to see pricing, and the last time I paid for an event on there, they stuck me with multiple months before I could get out of my subscription. They don't have enough content I want to buy a whole year.
Lineup as showing in Track right now:

Scoring Team Members​
Name​
Group​
Weight Class​
Actual Weight​
Points​
1​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
2​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
3​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
4​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
5​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
6​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
7​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
8​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
9​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
10​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
Non-Scoring Team Members​
Name​
Group​
Weight Class​
Actual Weight​
Points​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​

Reactions: ZachJump

Any line up is a guess...no hard info.

Basically

01 Emilie, Sterling
09 Ava Bayless
16 Felicity, Brianna
23 Ava Rose...no choice with Felicity at 16
30 Frost
36 Luft
43 Reese, Schmit
55 Deede, Mir
70 Welker, Ward
91 Foeller

Other options

30 Luft
36 Baudhuin

Brianna goes with Bayless at 09 I would also line to see.

No place for White.

Imagine a healthy Valencia, Han, and Nyla and figuring out who is out.

Edit: you can ignore me...looked earlier and had not seen anything on Trackwrestling

Lineup as showing in Track right now:

Scoring Team Members​
Name​
Group​
Weight Class​
Actual Weight​
Points​
1​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
2​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
3​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
4​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
5​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
6​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
7​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
8​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
9​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
10​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
Non-Scoring Team Members​
Name​
Group​
Weight Class​
Actual Weight​
Points​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
NCWWC Region V​
0.0​
Would be nice if Bayless and Taylor would each bump up a weight but my understanding is Taylor needs to remain at lower weight for olympic run.
Is track just guessing at this point who is scoring and non-scoring? Scoring wrestlers are determined by their results, correct?

Id subscribe for a month in a heartbeat for $15 but it seems the process is somewhat complicated and deceiving, I sure dont want a year of Rofkin. I might try anyway later.

I got in there TNT. Just hit continue on the subscribe button, then look at the top of the form for your credit card, yearly is picked for 12.99/month but you can take the option right next to it for 14.99/month. It looks like canceling is easy under account settings>manage account>cancel subscription.

Just a side note on streaming. Flowrestling has the womens national championship on its schedule Mar 8 and 9. Problem of Mar 9 is it coincides with mens big ten tourney.

Question: are the scoring/non-scoring wrestlers determined before the tournament starts? Or do they just take the highest scorer per weight class per team when determining team scores?

Whichever wrestler scores more points is what is added to the team total. It's not an either/or decision that has to be made beforehand. Just highest total between the two.

Whichever wrestler scores more points is what is added to the team total. It's not an either/or decision that has to be made beforehand. Just highest total between the two.
Thanks for confirming! That's what I figured but didn't know for sure, and had some doubts when I saw the list of "non scoring team members" already filled out in Track

Any line up is a guess...no hard info.

Basically

01 Emilie, Sterling
09 Ava Bayless
16 Felicity, Brianna
23 Ava Rose...no choice with Felicity at 16
30 Frost
36 Luft
43 Reese, Schmit
55 Deede, Mir
70 Welker, Ward
91 Foeller

Other options

30 Luft
36 Baudhuin

Brianna goes with Bayless at 09 I would also line to see.

No place for White.

Imagine a healthy Valencia, Han, and Nyla and figuring out who is out.

Edit: you can ignore me...looked earlier and had not seen anything on Trackwrestling
FWIW (not that it matters now) my post wasn’t a guess. I had it confirmed that’s who was going. The only reason I added “expected” was because technically changes could still be made up until a certain point yesterday.

Anyways we got brackets here

I signed up. I hope I don't regret it in a month or two. I can't find an app to add to my TV. Off to a great start.

Pretty dismal attendance. I wanted to go, but my health this past couple of weeks stopped me. Where are the Iowa fans?

Ava Rose down 6-0 at the break. Down 8-0 early in the second. Gets a takedown to be 2-8. Caution called on her opponent, down 3-8 but starts on top in par terre. Gets 3 laces to take a 9-8 lead! Gets another TD to go up 11-8. Her opponent is gassed

Holds on to win 11-8. Great match and amazing second period!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT