ADVERTISEMENT

Womens Rankings

Looks like the ladies will be back up to the 3rd slot after Colorado and UCLA both went down. Definitely been an interesting Womens College season so far.
I'm assuming Kansas St at #2 after their 2 pt win over BYU. Evidently the Pac 12 has parity as those teams keep knocking each other off. The Big10 seems to be playing out the way I thought it would with the exception of Maryland. This has to be Brenda Frese's worst team ever losing 112-76 to Penn St.

I would expect

1) SC
2) K-State (tho they are v vulnerable with Lee injured)
3) Stanford (also vulnerable)
4) Iowa
5) Colorado
6) UCLA
7) NC State

Not sure what will happen after that. Might see Texas or Ohio St make a jump.

Reactions: Cymonhawk
Penn State is much improved and yes Maryland is down a bit but really tough at home. Hawks will have their hands full on Saturday night. Not looking past NW though. Never know on the road. Our perimetee game is always off awah from CHA.

I would expect

1) SC
2) K-State (tho they are v vulnerable with Lee injured)
3) Stanford (also vulnerable)
4) Iowa
5) Colorado
6) UCLA
7) NC State

Not sure what will happen after that. Might see Texas or Ohio St make a jump.
Could you explain why you think Stanford would jump Iowa by beating a bad Arizona team?

I don't see Stanford jumping Iowa either. K-State could possibly drop after their narrow win over BYU. Ohio St is a hot team right now and should enter the top 10. Their home game with Indiana on Sunday should be one to watch.

Could you explain why you think Stanford would jump Iowa by beating a bad Arizona team?
Bc Stanford is a blue blood and voters like to give them the benefit of the doubt. Like UConn, they tend to rise quicker in the polls than other teams bc voters tend to believe they’re simply deserving. And yeah, theyre a deep, well-balanced team that plays good defense and offense. There are some voters, as we’ve seen on Twitter and what not, who don’t like to vote for Iowa or simply believe we are overrated and a one-woman show.

Hope I’m wrong! I actually warned of their early exit from the tourney last year on this board. They got the 1 seed over us but were clearly vulnerable, having lost to some average teams. The loss in the round of 32 wasn’t surprising to me at all, and I believe they’re just as vulnerable this year.

Ohio St is a hot team right now and should enter the top 10. Their home game with Indiana on Sunday should be one to watch.
Ohio state looked bad against Purdue and Illinois. K state almost blew their game but at least they had an excuse.

Maryland is down a bit but really tough at home. Hawks will have their hands full on Saturday night.
For sure. But much relies on Shyanne Sellers knee. If she is out, they will be reeling. She plays PG (tho she isn’t one) — if only bc of her veteran leadership and ball handling — and idk who would replace her.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmhawks99
There are going to be quality teams 1-4 seeds in every bracket. I don' t care if LSU has struggled or not, playing them as a #4 seed in the sweet 16 (where they currently seed via bracketology) would not be ideal. UCLA says Betts will be back and they might be a 3 or 4 seed by that point with anymore losses. Notre Dame as a #4 would be scary, as would USC or Utah, who have both been tested in the really good Pac 12 this year.

There are going to be quality teams 1-4 seeds in every bracket. I don' t care if LSU has struggled or not, playing them as a #4 seed in the sweet 16 (where they currently seed via bracketology) would not be ideal. UCLA says Betts will be back and they might be a 3 or 4 seed by that point with anymore losses. Notre Dame as a #4 would be scary, as would USC or Utah, who have both been tested in the really good Pac 12 this year.
I agree, this Iowa team should have little trouble getting to sweet 16 then it's going to really be a dogfight

We are very unlikely to see Colorado, Louisville, SC or LSU before the final four. The only efforts the committee makes with regards to match-ups are to avoid rematches from the previous year, as well as avoiding a 4th match-up in one season (so that would also preclude us potentially playing Indiana or OSU if we play them again in the B1G Tourney).

No guarantee of course. But it’d also be pretty nuts from an optics standpoint to put us up against LSU / SC especially anyway. I think Caitlin would welcome a match up against Uconn, UCLA, USC, or Stanford and so would I.

Last edited:
We need to get one of the #1 seeds and hope South Carolina gets upset along the way. We don’t want to see them until the finals, if at all.
Best chance for a So Carolina upset would be Sun Feb 11 as they will take on Connecticut without the services of Cardoso who will be in Brazil for an Olympic qualifying tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT