ADVERTISEMENT

Wordle

Let that eagle boner fly baby!!!

Wordle 1,005 2/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

iu

Yeah that is the benefit of not playing hard mode.
It is! I’m sticking to my guns that regular mode requires less luck specifically because of holes like this. There is a bit of skill to figuring out what word will eliminate the most possible/likely letters so you have a chance at par. It’s a strategic sacrifice to take luck out of play.

It is! I’m sticking to my guns that regular mode requires less luck specifically because of holes like this. There is a bit of skill to figuring out what word will eliminate the most possible/likely letters so you have a chance at par. It’s a strategic sacrifice to take luck out of play.
Agreed. Not hating. It involves skill I am just saying it is easier because you are not forced to take a shot in the dark.

Agreed. Not hating. It involves skill I am just saying it is easier because you are not forced to take a shot in the dark.
It may be easier, but to me, the primary goal of the game is to win. Fewest strokes is the secondary goal.

Today is the perfect example of why I approach the way I do. I play “hard mode” rules until I reach a point where I see the remaining solutions, yet there are too many of them for the remaining plays. At that point the “hardness” is due entirely to chance. That’s bullsh!t in my mind.

Today, after play #2, I recognized there were exactly 5 possible solutions with 4 remaining plays. Trying any one would provide absolutely no additional information if incorrect. So for me, the more “sophisticated” play now becomes to create a word for play #3 using as many of the remaining 5 letters as possible. I was able to create one using 3, giving me a 60% chance now that I would discover the solution in that play. Had I not, then I would have been down to 50:50 on play #4 and at worst a bogey.

And again, I don’t abandon hard mode style until I clearly see winning is down to a game of pure chance. If there had only been 4 options after play #2, I would have slogged out the guessing game, hoping for the best luck possible, but knowing that I would at least avoid defeat.

Wordle 1006 4/6

⬛🟨🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Just to expound a bit more in terms of probabilities:

Sticking with hard mode play after #2
3 - 20%
4 - 20%
5 - 20%
6 - 20%
L - 20%

Abandoning after #2
3 - 0%
4 - 80%
5 - 20%
6 - 0%
L - 0%

Last edited:
I suck at tough pin placements.

Wordle 1,006 6/6*

🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 86/99
Luck 38/99
Well, I suck worse! :)

🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩

It may be easier, but to me, the primary goal of the game is to win. Fewest strokes is the secondary goal.

Today is the perfect example of why I approach the way I do. I play “hard mode” rules until I reach a point where I see the remaining solutions, yet there are too many of them for the remaining plays. At that point the “hardness” is due entirely to chance. That’s bullsh!t in my mind.

Today, after play #2, I recognized there were exactly 5 possible solutions with 4 remaining plays. Trying any one would provide absolutely no additional information if incorrect. So for me, the more “sophisticated” play now becomes to create a word for play #3 using as many of the remaining 5 letters as possible. I was able to create one using 3, giving me a 60% chance now that I would discover the solution in that play. Had I not, then I would have been down to 50:50 on play #4 and at worst a bogey.

And again, I don’t abandon hard mode style until I clearly see winning is down to a game of pure chance. If there had only been 4 options after play #2, I would have slogged out the guessing game, hoping for the best luck possible, but knowing that I would at least avoid defeat.

Wordle 1006 4/6

⬛🟨🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Just to expound a bit more in terms of probabilities:

Sticking with hard mode play after #2
3 - 20%
4 - 20%
5 - 20%
6 - 20%
L - 20%