ADVERTISEMENT

Wordle

Today was pretty tough

Wordle 1,031 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
looks you started with "stare" like me. You then used a word with e/i or i/e in the 2nd and 3rd slots. Why did you not flip them for a more likely word rather than one including a q? The number of birdies here surprises me. I thought this was the hardest word in awhile - other than those stupid ones with many different combinations that work, like slate/spate/skate/state

Last edited:
looks you started with "stare" like me. You then used a word with e/i or i/e in the 2nd and 3rd slots. Why did you not flip them for a more likely word rather than one including a q? The number of birdies here surprises me. I thought this was the hardest word in a while - other than those stupid ones with many different combinates that work, like slate/spate/skate/state
My guesses were:
STARE
FIEND
EQUIP

After the second guess I spent about 40 minutes trying to figure out a word - any word! - that fit. I worked through "IE" in another place, and "EI", then "I" and "E" as the first letter. With the letters eliminated by the first two guesses, this was the ONLY word I could come up with.

I might find out there were 1k other words that would've worked, but I'm at a conference, already tired, and trying to stay awake and listen to a guy talking about the Fed and interest rates for an hour. It was hard to think of anything!

My guesses were:
STARE
FIEND
EQUIP

After the second guess I spent about 40 minutes trying to figure out a word - any word! - that fit. I worked through "IE" in another place, and "EI", then "I" and "E" as the first letter. With the letters eliminated by the first two guesses, this was the ONLY word I could come up with.

I might find out there were 1k other words that would've worked, but I'm at a conference, already tired, and trying to stay awake and listen to a guy talking about the Fed and interest rates for an hour. It was hard to think of anything!
My second guess was also fiend. My third guess was weigh, although neigh would have also worked. After that, equip was the first word that came to mind so I went with it.

My second guess was also fiend. My third guess was weigh, although neigh would have also worked. After that, equip was the first word that came to mind so I went with it.
I didn't think of weigh! Neigh at least was cancelled by trying fiend. I was thiiiiis close to abandoning my self-imposed hard mode and burning a word that would eliminate more letters because I wasn't coming up with anything.

React Tbh GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

Wordle 1,032 4/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT