ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Movie You Watched in its Entirety

You know, the first time I saw Napoleon Dynamite, I didn't know what to think, but upon viewing it a few more times or parts of it, I've come to appreciate it much more. Kip and Uncle Rico are a riot and of course, who doesn't bow to your sensei with Rex Kwando. It's really just a little underrated/quirky fable of staying true to who you are.

Also, as with any movie, it depends on your life situation and, well, your "state of mind" at the time. People who didn't "get" Napoleon, IMO, were doing it wrong. And IT = drugs, booze.

I would prolly go with Warterworld. However i just watched A Million Ways to Die in the West and that may be worst movie ever.

I am most surprised to see Napolean Dynamite on this list.

I actually liked it (Million ways). I'm not sure of the criteria, but any movie with Charlize can't be all that bad. I could see how if you don't like Family Guy, or attractive women, or comedy, it might be the worst ever.

the-_moustachery_.gif

Actually if I could amend my Napoleon Dynamite answer from earlier, I would add Black Knight with Martin Lawrence. Turrible, turrible.

Other SNL alumni movies (post-48 hours):

Let's start with some less obvious:
RDJ - Chaplin, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Zodiac, Tropic Thunder (his role, at least), Sherlock Holmes/Iron Man/Avengers
Christopher Guest - Spinal Tap, Best in Show, Princess Bride

And then some obvious:
Waynes World
Dirty Work
Vacations
Fletch
Zombieland
Kingpin
What About Bob
Trading Places
Tommy Boy

Come on, if these weren't "good", you are not someone I want to spend any time with.

There is a distinction between SNL movies and people who were on SNL and made movies. Coneheads would be an SNL movie as it was a skit there first. I would not call Stripes an SNL movie, but Bill Murray was in it.

There are not many good ones that came from the skits. A Night at the Roxbury was unwatchable. As I said before, MacGruber was a surprise good one for me. SNL alums have made some good movies, but some really bad ones too. As for Ferrell, my favorite is Old School, but he is not really the center of that movie.
Again not a SNL skit movie, but Caddyshack had both Chevy Chase and Bill Murray in it and was very funny.

Look, I get things are subjective, I'm just shocked you would classify Anchorman as 'the worst movie you watched in it's entirety". That movie has given us some classic one liners. I get that juvenile based comedies probably lose some of their appeal as we mature, but worst movie?

Ishtar was a bad movie, Benny and June, Glitter, Spiderman 3, Superman 4, Gigli, Norbit..maybe nobody made it through any of those.

and u claim to like comedies, how can u include Norbit? that is a teriific stupid movie. agree with your others.

i recently tried to watch Grown Ups 2, couldnt make it through so i guess it cant count

funny to read peoples picks- movies are tough i guess to get a consensus

Other SNL alumni movies (post-48 hours):

Let's start with some less obvious:
RDJ - Chaplin, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Zodiac, Tropic Thunder (his role, at least), Sherlock Holmes/Iron Man/Avengers
Christopher Guest - Spinal Tap, Best in Show, Princess Bride

And then some obvious:
Waynes World
Dirty Work
Vacations
Fletch
Zombieland
Kingpin
What About Bob
Trading Places
Tommy Boy

Come on, if these weren't "good", you are not someone I want to spend any time with.

i like you iowahawk good list

I actually liked it (Million ways). I'm not sure of the criteria, but any movie with Charlize can't be all that bad. I could see how if you don't like Family Guy, or attractive women, or comedy, it might be the worst ever.

the-_moustachery_.gif
I found that Family Guy fans loved Million Ways. Those I talked to that were not FG fans shut it off half way through. Most I talked to either loved it hated it, not alot of in between. I personally loved it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT