ADVERTISEMENT

Wouldnt it be funny

Whoa... why such a negative response? I don't think it's a 1000% out of the question. Highly unlikely sure. But one thing we haven't gotten is luck of the draw in our tournament pairing (& probably haven't earned it). But if we get in, you just never know when lady luck shines down on us and we get a couple of matchups that actually work to our favor.

The Muppets Laughing GIF

Whoa... why such a negative response? I don't think it's a 1000% out of the question. Highly unlikely sure. But one thing we haven't gotten is luck of the draw in our tournament pairing (& probably haven't earned it). But if we get in, you just never know when lady luck shines down on us and we get a couple of matchups that actually work to our favor.
No, it is 1000% out of the question. We’ll be in the worthless NIT. Who cares.

if this was Fran's Sweet 16 team.

it wouldnt shock me - if theyre able to get in.

'
It wouldn't be shocking only in the sense that the NCAA Tournament can be really whacky now, especially the first weekend. Used to be only about 1 or 2 'cinderellas' per tourney, now its more like 10+ every season.

But that said, it would be shocking for a S16 run simply because this squad wasn't even remotely a tournament team a couple weeks ago, let alone a 2nd weekend contender.

What's going to be really funny is when Beth finds that folder with the contract extension I...I mean, Fran signed before Gary left. ;)

#RELB

(raise, extension, larger buyout)

Our best shot was Keegan's last year. That team was kicking butt. We could play big or small. The last 10-15 games or so, we were playing solid defense. I think top 15, actually. How the heck did we lose in the first round?

Ever since Villanova beat Georgetown (1985?) I’ve concluded nothing is impossible in sports.
Funny story on this game. I was on a slow pitch softball team searching for a sponser that year. Our team got together and decided to bet our league entry fee on Villanova getting 11 points (I think, coulda been 9). Needless to say we made bank & on our uniform sleeves we put the initials RM, Rollie Massimino, the Villanova coach. Great memory!

Our best shot was Keegan's last year. That team was kicking butt. We could play big or small. The last 10-15 games or so, we were playing solid defense. I think top 15, actually. How the heck did we lose in the first round?

Wierd new orange ball that Fran didn't take seriously and practice with.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
if this was Fran's Sweet 16 team.

it wouldnt shock me - if theyre able to get in.

'
Well this team does have one element that the previous 3 teams haven't, decent defenders at the 1 and 2.

Freeman probably has to play 30 minutes for Iowa to win an ncaa game.

Inability to defend at the pg spot, same as the previous year.
Yes, definitely more this than the ball.

Also, Keegan rolled his ankle that game and it definitely affected him. He deferred in a ton of spots that he had been aggressive in all season. Whether the ankle loosened up a bit, Keegan got more comfortable with what he could and couldn't do, or whether he just said F it, he finally tried to take over in the last few minutes, but it was just too late

Reactions: RocknRollface
Iowa has to get into the NCAA tourney to even think about stuff you all are talking about.

IF Iowa gets into the NCAA, they might win a game. After that, shit gets real, they'll play teams with a pulse on defense, they'll get schooled. Should Iowa make it to the NCAA, I could see them winning a game, maybe 2 but that is the ceiling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT