ADVERTISEMENT

WWE "Cold" on Steveson

HerkHawl

HR All-State
May 11, 2007
Good, maybe because he doesn't know how to fake wrestle. Even as a Hawk fan, I hope he jumps back into wrestling with both feet for 5 good years. He's too special/talented, and wrestling has grown to a point where sponsors might be willing to entice him to do just that. And, then, go crush people in MMA.

Good, maybe because he doesn't know how to fake wrestle.

crying-still.gif

Texas only spent a mere 280,000 dollars on Arch Manning's recruiting weekend alone but that did include a trip to Topgolf . I guess football is berry , berry good to me...

so you are saying...."pro wrestling may not be real ?"
There's more websites covering a "not sport" than we have covering the legit version. Pilfering through the clutter to find real industry news about the WWE or AEW or ROH is just full of garbage. So many clickfarms. It's akin to the hollywood rumor sites that don't have any legit inside ties.

I’ll never understand why that nonsense is so popular…..last “professional “ wrestling match I watched was probably about 1970 they came to Chariton and performed in the high school gym

believe Bulldog Bob Brown and Handsome Harley Race performed….. all I know is my stepdad was the fire chief and they had to respond a car accident later and two of the bitter enemies were in the same car drunk 😂

Harley Race knocked out a couple of guys back in the 70's at the Osceola truck stop off I 35.
I lived in Leon 20 miles south. I was in my teens, it was talked about for years. They were calling him a phony and such, he promptly knocked both of them out. 🤣🤣
Phony it is, but many are world class athletes in great shape. They can destroy 99.999% of the big mouths out there.

Last edited:
Harley Race knocked out a couple of guys back in the 70's at the Osceola truck stop off I 35.
I lived in Leon 20 miles south. I was in my teens, it was talked about for years. They were calling him a phony and such, he promptly knocked both of them out. 🤣🤣
Phony it is, but many are world class athletes in great shape. They can destroy 99.999% of the big mouths out there.
There's a rumor he once knocked out Ken McElroy the Skidmore bully which would be relatively close to that area.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night

Yep. There are many famous stories of people messing with professional wrestlers in bars on the road and regretting it immensely. Rick Rude was well known for ending a lot of nights early for drunken idiots. He was a badass. And, Haku of course.

wonder if it was the same “tour”

Reactions: evashevsky58
Yep. There are many famous stories of people messing with professional wrestlers in bars on the road and regretting it immensely. Rick Rude was well known for ending a lot of nights early for drunken idiots. He was a badass. And, Haku of course.
There were some really tough guys back in the day, but now it's all glam and fireworks. Maybe Steveson doesn't want to live a life of foolish acrobatics, fake aggression, and steroids to support the McMahon's dreams of market dominance. I say good for Gable Steveson. Come on down to Iowa and join us with more real wrestling.

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub
Harley Race was a legendary tough guy, the real deal. There were others. Don't forget that Danny Hodge was a pro wrestler too, along with Kurt Angle, Ken Shamrock, Brock Lesnar, Verne Gagne, and Lou Thez. Pro wrestlers used to be real wrestlers first, not body builders doing theater.

I’ll never understand why that nonsense is so popular…..last “professional “ wrestling match I watched was probably about 1970 they came to Chariton and performed in the high school gym

believe Bulldog Bob Brown and Handsome Harley Race performed….. all I know is my stepdad was the fire chief and they had to respond a car accident later and two of the bitter enemies were in the same car drunk 😂
Yeah, I think the last one I watched was in an armory in central Iowa in the 70s. Rufus R Jones was there.

apples and oranges but Caitlyn Clark is supposedly making 7 figures on NIL ….. probably twice what she would make going to the WNBA…… circumstances like these might encourage “non revenue” sports figures to stay in college longer
Wait what? You serious Clark? Good for her but where is 7 figure money coming from for girls bball? She's an amazing talent but that one surprises me.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Harley Race was a legendary tough guy, the real deal. There were others. Don't forget that Danny Hodge was a pro wrestler too, along with Kurt Angle, Ken Shamrock, Brock Lesnar, Verne Gagne, and Lou Thez. Pro wrestlers used to be real wrestlers first, not body builders doing theater.
And Gorgeous George!!!

Gable is not Lesnar. He is the better wrestler x 100 and not even close the physical specimen.

Lesnar was 6'3 285 lbs shredded (and juiced) Gable didn't even look big next to a WWE guy named Shorty.

• Haha
Reactions: Mattski and el dub
I'm still surprised he hasn't considered football. If he's willing to wreck his body for WWE, might as well do so in the NFL and be a part of the most popular sport in the country. I think he'd be an animal playing 3 technique DT if he could still move well at 285 ish.

Reactions: woodsiding
Heard it is way less than this
Wait what? You serious Clark? Good for her but where is 7 figure money coming from for girls bball? She's an amazing talent but that one surprises me.
Tyler Kluever said it on WUW…… of course I’m not sure where he got his info….. but Hy Vee gave her a 6 figure deal….. not sure who all else….. some collectors card company….. barstool sports an apparel deal are some sources I’ve heard

of course she’ll never say what she’s making and Kluever could be full of shit …. so there’s that

Brock Lesnar was talking about managing Steveson, as a possibility. Said it has a lot to do with whether Steveson can pull off the showmanship you see on stage, in the interviews, and the backstage vignettes.

cupla hundo

4. Caitlin Clark, Iowa Hawkeyes

The Big Ten women's basketball player of the year is an automatic bucket no matter where she is on the floor, which is why she has attracted praise from the likes of Steph Curry and Kevin Durant. The major brands have noticed, too. The junior currently has deals with tax preparation company H&R Block, trading card company Topps and supermarket chain Hy-Vee, all contributing to a reported seven-figure income off NIL.

this is from an article posted on the Bball board…… says she is the 4th most marketable figure in college sports…. men or women

4. Caitlin Clark, Iowa Hawkeyes

The Big Ten women's basketball player of the year is an automatic bucket no matter where she is on the floor, which is why she has attracted praise from the likes of Steph Curry and Kevin Durant. The major brands have noticed, too. The junior currently has deals with tax preparation company H&R Block, trading card company Topps and supermarket chain Hy-Vee, all contributing to a reported seven-figure income off NIL.

this is from an article posted on the Bball board…… says she is the 4th most marketable figure in college sports…. men or women
Wrestling board only! And she’s a girl! I kid. Lady is a beast. Glad she stayed in state. Smart move by her. I’m guessing Spencer isn’t broke and I know Desanto at least has 120 dollars. Unfortunately, Gilman has 50.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT