ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming over UNI

wyohawk

HB Heisman
Jan 8, 2009
You heard it here first.

Love that they gave UNI a team that plays even slower than they do. They'd better double Nance down low, he will make Tuttle look absolutely silly.

UNI will have to shoot a good pct. Wyoming will try to slow the game to a crawl. Could come down to the last couple minutes.
smile.r191677.gif

Not even trying to be. I'm a Wyoming alum and have watched several games this year. They are slow, methodical, and efficient when at full strength (as seen in the MWC tourney). I think they have a clear athletic advantage across the board over UNI (which I know hasn't always stopped the panthers before) and Larry Nance is as good a stretch post player as they will have faced this year. Absolutely terrible matchup for UNI.

However, Wyoming is EXTREMELY shallow and if starters get in foul trouble or injured, it's goodnight.

This post was edited on 3/15 5:59 PM by wyohawk

Seth on CBS disagrees. He picked UNI as one of his teams in the FINAL FOUR. I guess that means he thinks the Panthers can get by Wyoming.

Not trying to be a UNI hater, but being a 5 is never a good place to be in this tourney in recent history.

Originally posted by OldTownPepe:
Neither is 12. I just hope UNI beats the school that produced Gary Barta.
That's true as well. The 12 has a 66% win percentage as of late in this matchup.

Heard Wyoming coach Larry Shyatt at a clinic last spring. I was really impressed. Old school, no nonsense, all about defense. A quote I remember: "I can smell when there is no edge in the gym. And the players will learn fast to get one."

This might be the best defensive matchup of the tourney. Wyoming is playing great ball and will make UNI earn every point. On the other hand, UNI is going to make them earn every point, too. Taking the Panthers in a close one.

I'm remembering that three of the four 12 seeds won over 5 seeds last year which I thought was very unusual.

Originally posted by wyohawk:
You heard it here first.

Love that they gave UNI a team that plays even slower than they do. They'd better double Nance down low, he will make Tuttle look absolutely silly.
Wyoming made a run they just did not have the horses to stay with the Panthers. Nance went a little beast mode in the 2nd half; however, he did not make Tuttle look silly. Tuttle does so much more than just score.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/20 2:56 PM by MTHawkeyes43

First to say I was wrong. Panthers the much better team.

Nance unable to get it going til the second half and Wyoming is nothing without him. Tuttle was kind of disappointing, but Buss & Jesperson never let UNI lose control.

Tuttle was a bit off but he is a great player. An off game is 14 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists and having the offense run through him. He should have had 20. He was a bit off in finishing but he always impresses me with how well he uses angles to score inside. I still think UNI should have been a 4 seed. They are a very good team.

Wyoming over UNI[/URL]
wyohawk posted on 3/15/2015...
You heard it here first.

NOPE!

despite a dry spell middle of the second half, uni dominated them.
Hope panthers can make sweet 16.

Originally posted by wyohawk:
You heard it here first.

Obama picked Wyoming
laugh.r191677.gif

Another good win for the Panthers -- I love it when everyone talks about how slow UNI plays. 71 against a good defensive team today -- the Panthers are efficient. They know what works for them and they run their offense to exploit the mismatches and double teams. Can't wait to see their next game and how they handle the pressure, especially if Louisville is their opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT