ADVERTISEMENT

X. Foster

I think he is a guy that will be really good by the time he is a Junior but needs some work to get there.

*Looks at the list of bigs that Prohm has developed*

tenor.gif

*Looks at the list of bigs that Prohm has developed*

tenor.gif
Well, they really haven’t had any talented bigs. I’m also a firm believer that players for the most part are responsible for their development. The most talented big they had was probably lard but he was a head case.

Now do Bakari Evelyn with that logic. He played frequently more minutes than Toussaint. Dumb take.

Rotations are set by fit. Fran has said that Pat is his best scorer in practice after Garza. Connor is a better facilitator with Garza on the court and he is a veteran ball handler.

That's good to hear. It'll be even better if and when Patrick actually performs that well in something other than a practice.

If Xavier had gone to any other program he likely would have been playing a LOT. Prohm's coaching baffles me.

That's good to hear. It'll be even better if and when Patrick actually performs that well in something other than a practice.

Lol, you mean the guy with the 3rd highest ppg on the team with 11.5 isn't doing it outside of practice?

Well, they really haven’t had any talented bigs. I’m also a firm believer that players for the most part are responsible for their development. The most talented big they had was probably lard but he was a head case.

Are you limiting the discussion of bigs to centers? Otherwise Niang won the Malone Award for top PF The year he was coached by Prohm.

Reactions: Beam me up
XF got dominated tonight. There’s no getting around it.

But at least he didn’t have to fake an injury to get out of the game.

We may have dogged a bullet on this one. He may very well develop over time but he looks like a fish out of water trying to play around the rim. He wants to be a Uthoff style SF so bad he can't embrace the big man mentality who then steps outside like Luka does. He might become serviceable but the thought of him becoming NBA caliber is laughable at this point.

We may have dogged a bullet on this one. He may very well develop over time but he looks like a fish out of water trying to play around the rim. He wants to be a Uthoff style SF so bad he can't embrace the big man mentality who then steps outside like Luka does. He might become serviceable but the thought of him becoming NBA caliber is laughable at this point.
He needed a year banging around with luka in practice and watching nunge use a similar skill set. Big mistake going to ames.

He’ll probably be starting for them by end of the year. Their frontline is just not good. Conditt is absolutely awful. He showed promise when he was an underclass man.

They might as well throw Foster into the lineup and get him comfortable. I’m not sure they can develop him though.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Xavier Foster might not be a one and done guy
did anyone claim him to be? I think anyone who actually watch his game footage would have known this right off the bat. He will be good if he continues to work at the game. Easily the most complete player was Born, and IMO Iowa should have offered. He would have been a great replacement for Bohannon.

Solo is a much better defender on the block. Thats mainly what his job as been in Ames.

I like Young. He plays within himself and very hard. Not sold that Foster will be anything more then a 7 foot wanna be guard. He has never played with toughness. He has no clue how to play in the post, which is odd based on his size.

Reactions: Underscore2
I think he looked like the best of Isus bigs.

Hes definitely a little soft but he still got in there and blocked some shots and got some rebounds.

The potential is there but it will be wasted playing for multiple coaches at isu.

I agree, and he was very tall. Could be Myles Turner if the coach would know how to use him.

I think Foster showed why he was heavily recruited. 7ft freshman often look a bit awkward, we’ve had some at Iowa over the years that looked a lot different as upperclassmen compared to how they looked when they stepped on campus. I would love it if Foster would transfer to Iowa. Maybe his girlfriend will break up with him, if that’s really something that played a role in his recruitment.

Regarding Foster... the question is who the next HC is and does he fit into a new scheme?

In any non Covid year... Prohm would be on life support.

I'm over Foster picking Clown U over Iowa, but wouldn't close the door to him if he wanted to make the change. I thought he had a pretty decent first half last night and, not haven seen a lot of him before, was surprised at his versatility. Needs to add a little muscle, but I can see him being a force for MOO U over the next few years. Prohm should just bite the bullet and start him now.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT