ADVERTISEMENT

X. Foster

I'm over Foster picking Clown U over Iowa, but wouldn't close the door to him if he wanted to make the change. I thought he had a pretty decent first half last night and, not haven seen a lot of him before, was surprised at his versatility. Needs to add a little muscle, but I can see him being a force for MOO U over the next few years. Prohm should just bite the bullet and start him now.

Agree. Throw him to the wolves

I was impressed with the way Foster moved and his athleticism. But he is as soft as he is athletic. He is like a furry little kitten, which is nice if you want to lay on the couch. I don't know if he has the desire or toughness to help isu win a basketball game. If he had work ethic and desire of Luka he would be phenomenal. Still, I don't see why he isn't one of Prohm's top 5. Get him out there and make him work, teach him to play hard and for god's sake, teach him some low post footwork. I have no idea what that tongue flapping isu coach is trying to do. He has some talent on his team but they are a disorganized mess on offense.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
No offense but I think you guys are crazy. He's a 7 footer who hadn't even played a full game's worth of minutes but he's already knocking down 3's. The kid's gonna get a lot stronger and he's gonna be a star before all is said and done.

Reactions: UncannyNanny
No offense but I think you guys are crazy. He's a 7 footer who hadn't even played a full game's worth of minutes but he's already knocking down 3's. The kid's gonna get a lot stronger and he's gonna be a star before all is said and done.

congrats on not being the dumbest jonesy in the board this week

• Haha
Reactions: iahawks10
Oh duh people, he's a freshman. Plenty of time to improve. He could end up being awesome - hope it happens. Garza didn't look like anything special as a freshman and look what he's turned into.

Reactions: jonesy5960
I was impressed with the way Foster moved and his athleticism. But he is as soft as he is athletic. He is like a furry little kitten, which is nice if you want to lay on the couch. I don't know if he has the desire or toughness to help isu win a basketball game. If he had work ethic and desire of Luka he would be phenomenal. Still, I don't see why he isn't one of Prohm's top 5. Get him out there and make him work, teach him to play hard and for god's sake, teach him some low post footwork. I have no idea what that tongue flapping isu coach is trying to do. He has some talent on his team but they are a disorganized mess on offense.

He's hardly practiced due to foot injury and concussion.

But he is giving it the old college try.

Why is that? Because I'm not suggesting that a top 75 kid playing less than 25 minutes of college ball has shown all he is going to be like some on here are? The kid still scored 8 including 2 3-pointers, pull down 4 boards and blocked a shot in just 14 minutes and people on here are acting like he doesn't belong. Talk about dumb. How did Garza look in his first couple of games? I don't recall him setting the house on fire.

Oh duh people, he's a freshman. Plenty of time to improve. He could end up being awesome - hope it happens. Garza didn't look like anything special as a freshman and look what he's turned into.

Might want to revisit Garza as a freshman. (He certainly showed that he belonged) But you are right, let's not judge Foster by a handful of minutes when he's barely practiced and been nursing injuries and concussion.

1st 3 Games (all starts)
13.3 ppg 9.0 rpg 2.7 bpg
FG's 14-22 (63.6%) FT's 12-23 (52.2%)

Season: (Started 26 of 33 games):
12.1 ppg 6.2 rpg 1.0 bpg
56% FG's 35% 3ptrs 68% FT's

His failure is Iowa's success. Its an object lesson for other future 4* Iowans about which school to attend. He's only remained in my mind because I have a suspicion that he might return to Iowa next season.

If he doesn't then a crash and burn works for Iowa as well.

I think he’s gonna be a good one, big rivalry game on the road against maybe the best player in the country at the position, and he held his own. I wish he was a Hawk.

I can't believe there are so many on this board that are big supporters of Foster. I'm personally thinking Titanic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT