ADVERTISEMENT

Yes, I'm a Democratic Partisan, but Never in My Life Have I ever thought so much was Hanging on the outcome of an Election.

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
I always respected the people who had different views about how best to lead our country into the future, but I never before appropriately questioned their commitment to the American Promise of democracy, that every vote counts and that we have checks and balances to protect from the tyranny of he minority, but this election has bottled my mind. The fact that there was a single Republican who stood up and voted to convict an obviously corrupt, unqualified and unfit President was utterly disheartening to me. I fear for the future of our country, if not for the rest of the world as well if Trump is re-elected. History has shown that Democracy is fragile. For most of my life, I thought most of the politicians on both sides of the aisle understood that and would do what they considered to be the best for the future of our nation. I no longer can feel that way, or respect anyone who supports Trump or anyone who enables or is complicit with him. I know I won't change anyone's minds who support his assault on our system of government, but please consider what's at stake when you vote.

I always respected the people who had different views about how best to lead our country into the future, but I never before appropriately questioned their commitment to the American Promise of democracy, that every vote counts and that we have checks and balances to protect from the tyranny of he minority, but this election has bottled my mind. The fact that there was a single Republican who stood up and voted to convict an obviously corrupt, unqualified and unfit President was utterly disheartening to me. I fear for the future of our country, if not for the rest of the world as well if Trump is re-elected. History has shown that Democracy is fragile. For most of my life, I thought most of the politicians on both sides of the aisle understood that and would do what they considered to be the best for the future of our nation. I no longer can feel that way, or respect anyone who supports Trump or anyone who enables or is complicit with him. I know I won't change anyone's minds who support his assault on our system of government, but please consider what's at stake when you vote.
True dat.
Really, peeps. Get out and vote. I respect your right to choose. Show up and participate. Get involved. If your side wins fair and square, then they win.
Fight ignorance and apathy, but mostly, fight corruption, liers, and cheats. Kick their ass out.

71cl4Er-yRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

well dems probably should not have bribed hiden joe bye done in dallas then... and got the wicked witch of the west also

I don’t think I ever thought an election would be entirely about character for me. I can understand, respect and agree with conservative principles, or at least understand where they are coming from. I don’t understand Trump, or people who are all in with him. He has zero morals, says whatever he thinks sounds good in the moment, and only cares about what benefits himself the most. That’s not the kind of person I want representing me to the world, or leading my nation through a crisis.

I don’t think I ever thought an election would be entirely about character for me. I can understand, respect and agree with conservative principles, or at least understand where they are coming from. I don’t understand Trump, or people who are all in with him. He has zero morals, says whatever he thinks sounds good in the moment, and only cares about what benefits himself the most. That’s not the kind of person I want representing me to the world, or leading my nation through a crisis.
Perfectly said. What I've found out from those I know that still support Trump is that they often note they don't always appreciate the way he behaves but they will put up with it for something else they feel strongly about like their religion, supporting police, or because they cherish their money above anything else. Also, a lot of them are scared of all the left's boogeymen being pushed by Trump and his cronies.

I'm past the point of even talking to them about politics as it just makes me sad they keep tethering themselves to such a pathetic human being.

Because I pay attention to what he does, not what, or how, he talks. His policies and actions are in line with a Biblical worldview.

You know you are being used right? I guess it is OK as long as you got your judges. Check your moral compass dude. Jesus would be for love and kindness to your enemies and your neighbors. Jesus would want to take care of the people that weren’t as fortunate. Jesus would never want us divided as we are now .... your world view is off. Take care WB, I hope you see the light.

You know you are being used right? I guess it is OK as long as you got your judges. Check your moral compass dude. Jesus would be for love and kindness to your enemies and your neighbors. Jesus would want to take care of the people that weren’t as fortunate. Jesus would never want us divided as we are now .... your world view is off. Take care WB, I hope you see the light.

This coming from the party that routinely grapples with whether to include the word “God” in their platform, pledge of allegiance, etc...

This coming from the party that routinely grapples with whether to include the word “God” in their platform, pledge of allegiance, etc...
Lol northern, I was a Republican in my early voting years .... voted for the Republican nominees in at least 5 races.

I would be opposed to anyone as dangerous as Trump regardless of party. This Isn’t an election where normal policies matter. Trump is attacking Democracy.

First Rule of HROT Fight Club. NEVER waste your time arguing or trying to make sense of anything that comes out of the mouths of Northern, Bonney, or OIT. It will just drive you to madness. 🤣

He won't. He has the heart of a Pharisee and the mind of a sycophant.

First Rule of HROT Fight Club. NEVER waste your time arguing or trying to make sense of anything that comes out of mouths of Northern, Bonney, or OIT. It will just drive you to madness. 🤣

Yep, it's an exercise in futility. Goes back to the Mark Twain quote on arguing with stupid people.

Reactions: mattymoknows
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT