ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes, looks like we are going to hit 50k cases today

So no sports, no school, no graduation parties, no weddings. Yeah that’s not going to happen.

I’m all for masks and such and people who call it a hoax are douches. But people and business aren’t going to let the government just strip away everything for that amount of time.

Edit to add: based on your drive by comments in these threads, I also think you could just be trolling. No one seriously thinks no sports or anything for the rest of eternity is a good idea.

Sports can resume when there is a vaccine, if one isn’t developed I don’t see how they can reasonably be played, certainly never with fans in the stands. It’s just too great a risk. E-sports can provide a much safer alternative.

I provided a date, the name of the publisher and the two main actors. If you’re unable to find the article using your favorite search engine then I’m afraid there’s not much hope for you.

Running from introspection?:p:p:p

I’ve read it, did so after your first post. It does not say what you infer it does. I also asked for you to quantify “slightly stepped up.” You might do better than a three month old article too. Doctors were passing out HCQ and we have racked up a few more deaths/cases since then (different times).

I’m not running, let’s do this.

Last edited:
Birx made a generalization, and is not directing how deaths are classified.
No one has altered the classification systems.
Lies.
“The federal government is classifying the deaths of patients infected with the coronavirus as COVID-19 deaths, regardless of any underlying health issues that could have contributed to the loss of someone’s life.

Dr. Deborah Birx, the response coordinator for the White House coronavirus task force, said the federal government is continuing to count the suspected COVID-19 deaths, despite other nations doing the opposite.

There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition, and let’s say the virus caused you to go to the ICU [intensive care unit] and then have a heart or kidney problem,” she said during a Tuesday news briefing at the White House. “Some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death.

“The intent is … if someone dies with COVID-19, we are counting that,” she added.

Asked whether the numbers could skew data the government is trying to collect, Birx said that would mostly apply more to rural areas where testing isn’t being implemented on a wide scale.”

Talk about insurance fraud and medical malpractice; falsifying death certificates is something most people aren’t allowed to do.

But it’s different when the feds are the ones issuing the guidelines. :rolleyes:

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
Lies.
“The federal government is classifying the deaths of patients infected with the coronavirus as COVID-19 deaths, regardless of any underlying health issues that could have contributed to the loss of someone’s life.

That's exactly how it works.

They didn't die of "high blood pressure". They didn't die of "diabetes". They didn't die of "renal failure".

Covid-19 triggered the deaths. Simply because you do not understand how medicine works isn't a "conspiracy" here.

We will almost certainly hit 1.5 MILLION ACTIVE CASES in the US today. As I write, the number is 1,496,544.

Unless a lot of people suddenly recover (or die) that will be 26 daily increases in active cases out of the last 27 days. (there was a tiny dip on 6/15, if anyone cares)

I watch the active case level because until infected people are recovering faster than new people are being infected, we haven't turned the corner.

We will almost certainly hit 1.5 MILLION ACTIVE CASES in the US today. As I write, the number is 1,496,544.

Unless a lot of people suddenly recover (or die) that will be 26 daily increases in active cases out of the last 27 days. (there was a tiny dip on 6/15, if anyone cares)

I watch the active case level because until infected people are recovering faster than new people are being infected, we haven't turned the corner.

Yep....

And I pointed this out to folks back when "reopening" jabber was ongoing.

We "closed" with <5000 Active Cases, and due to general idiocy and propaganda, ballooned it to >1M Active Cases. Then, decided "reopening" with >1M Active Cases "seemed like a responsible idea".

Americans won't be traveling abroad anywhere for the next year or so.

Last edited:
Yeah you can't do that and act like there wouldn't be severe irreparable harm done to people that way too. I still don't understand why covid deaths are the only deaths that matter anymore. We as a society accept a certain number of deaths from every cause every day. Deaths from car accidents. Deaths from cancer. Deaths from work place accidents. Deaths from suicide and drug overdose. And so on and so forth.

Forcing people to shelter in place for months on end maybe a year or more is laughable. Fear doesn't stop death. It stops life.
As Europe has shown, that is not necessary at all.

Nations that had a unified and national approach on hard lockdowns were able to control the outbreak after 8 to 10 weeks and have gradually been reopening to such an extent that they are now no longer requiring as restrictive of social distancing and mask wearing edicts.

Here, we did not, which has resulted in whipsawing between control and surges based on geographic location. We really f——ed ourselves by being cavalier and non-unified early and now the economy and the American people continue to pay the price. This is really not complicated at all. Just absurd and sad and a poor reflection on our “leadership”.

Lies.

Dr. Deborah Birx, the response coordinator for the White House coronavirus task force, said the federal government is continuing to count the suspected COVID-19 deaths, despite other nations doing the opposite.

There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition, and let’s say the virus caused you to go to the ICU [intensive care unit] and then have a heart or kidney problem,” she said during a Tuesday news briefing at the White House. “Some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death.

“The intent is … if someone dies with COVID-19, we are counting that,” she added.

Asked whether the numbers could skew data the government is trying to collect, Birx said that would mostly apply more to rural areas where testing isn’t being implemented on a wide scale.”

Talk about insurance fraud and medical malpractice; falsifying death certificates is something most people aren’t allowed to do.

But it’s different when the feds are the ones issuing the guidelines. :rolleyes:

Any particular reason why you failed to provide the FOX link?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...avirus-as-covid-19-deaths-regardless-of-cause

Personally I haven't trusted Brix from the beginning. But let's take a closer look at what FOX thinks she said.

Is she saying that George Floyd's death would be ruled a coronavirus death if he was found to have antibodies?

Of course not.

So, once we eliminate the car crash deaths, and murders, and such, is it unreasonable to call the death of a person diagnosed with COVID-19 a coronavirus death?

Of course not.

And how about when you have someone diagnosed with COVID-19 by a doctor, and that person dies while being sequestered or treated for COVID-19 - BUT never got the test. Should we refuse to call those deaths coronavirus deaths?

Of course not.

FOX is deliberately misrepresenting these practices. And you are peddling them just like the sheep you always accuse other people of being.

I still don't understand why covid deaths are the only deaths that matter anymore.
You know how you can tell that someone isn't serious and isn't actually trying to contribute or understand things?

They say things like that.

That said, I did like this comment: "Fear doesn't stop death. It stops life."

Reactions: torbee
And I pointed this out to folks back when "reopening" jabber was ongoing.
self-five.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: luvmyhawks
You couldn’t be more wrong. It’s been stated over and over: dying with covid means you died OF covid.

Deaths are WAYY over attributed to this: Redfield, Fauci stated it’s a slightly stepped up flu. Trust the experts.
giphy.gif

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980

The above study was just released which shows we are under reporting likely Covid 19 deaths. Or, said another way, a bunch of people are dying of SOMETHING far in excess of a normal year. The number of excess deaths is 28% higher than what can be explained by Covid mortality statistics. Ergo, most likely we are under reporting Covid deaths. Well, that or the windmill cancer is really ramping up.

Please read this (if you have the mental acuity to process it) before you post any further about over reporting.

giphy.gif

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980

The above study was just released which shows we are under reporting likely Covid 19 deaths. Or, said another way, a bunch of people are dying of SOMETHING far in excess of a normal year. The number of excess deaths is 28% higher than what can be explained by Covid mortality statistics. Ergo, most likely we are under reporting Covid deaths. Well, that or the windmill cancer is really ramping up.

Please read this (if you have the mental acuity to process it) before you post any further about over reporting.
Wish I good like a post more than once

Any particular reason why you failed to provide the FOX link?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...avirus-as-covid-19-deaths-regardless-of-cause

Personally I haven't trusted Brix from the beginning. But let's take a closer look at what FOX thinks she said.

Is she saying that George Floyd's death would be ruled a coronavirus death if he was found to have antibodies?

Of course not.

So, once we eliminate the car crash deaths, and murders, and such, is it unreasonable to call the death of a person diagnosed with COVID-19 a coronavirus death?

Of course not.

And how about when you have someone diagnosed with COVID-19 by a doctor, and that person dies while being sequestered or treated for COVID-19 - BUT never got the test. Should we refuse to call those deaths coronavirus deaths?

Of course not.

FOX is deliberately misrepresenting these practices. And you are peddling them just like the sheep you always accuse other people of being.
I don’t do FAUX News, other than the occasional Tucker rant.
https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/feds-classify-all-coronavirus-patient-deaths-as-covid-19-deaths/
Dr. Scott Jensen & Dr. Ngozi Ezike both stated the same thing and the edicts came from CDC.

Your accusations of partisanship hold no water: I have no time for FOX/CNN/Trump/Biden/ad nauseam

53,000 plus, new high, boys and girls. Again, to put to scale, Italy has 240,000 cases total and we just posted 104k last 48 hours and 325k in last week

53,000 plus, new high, boys and girls. Again, to put to scale, Italy has 240,000 cases total and we just posted 104k last 48 hours and 325k in last week
I just checked the site, not looking good. Looks like it will be a 60k day. Then testing and numbers will go down over the weekend. I fear a backlog and huge numbers next week.

Are you scared of cancer? It doesn't make you any less likely to get it. Do you drive a vehicle regularly? Again, I'm not suggesting throwing caution to the wind with regards to covid but it's ludicrous to think civilization should be locked inside until (MAYBE) it's cured.

You can do take common sense measures to avoid certain types of cancer. You can avoid driving like a maniac. I’m not advocating for a complete lockdown, but having everything open with no protections is ludicrous. Europe is opening back up and laughing at us.

Reactions: billanole
It’s the flu, just a “little stepped up.”

Actually, now the IFR looks to be 50-100x higher than the flu.

So, more than just a little "stepped up".
Flu on steroids and HGH.........flu hitting 6000 HRs in a MLB season, and a whole slew of MAGAs sitting around claiming there's nothing unusual about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT