ADVERTISEMENT

You can't have it both ways

I mean, probably. It would be extremely unusual for a new coach to keep holdovers from the old regime; even one with the resume of PP.
It's also highly unusual a coach is on the hot seat due to running the offense like the family HVAC business jamming his incompetent son down everyone's throats while the other assistant is doing a world class job. Honestly I have to think the possibility of keeping him around would actually be a hiring perk.

Generally coaching changes don't need to occur when you're statistically that good at defense. It's quite frankly unprecedented that we're in this situation.

I understand that everyone wants change because the results on the field right now are not very good. But any of you that thinks that KF doesn't care about Iowa football and is just in it for the money are fools. Hindsight is always 20/20 and there is nothing more annoying than a know-it-all that wants to tell you that they told you so, but, they really didn't.

I understand what KF was trying to do and it made sense, hell, it still does. Play run-heavy, tight end bully ball, limit mistakes, control the ball and feed off the opponents mistakes. They bet on the fact they could develop elite offensive lines every year, recruit and develop the best tight ends because we feature them more than anyone else, recruit and develop running back after running back, have a game manager at the QB position that is not going to get hurt, and get what you can get at the receiver position. That type of offense is never going to be dynamic, but, it doesn't have to be to win games, especially in the B1G in November. But it just isnt working right now. Our offensive line is a huge letdown and the game manager QB, young RB's and extremely depleted WR core cannot make up the difference. If this program wants to win games they need to get back to the bullies of the B1G.

For those that want Petras benched, I wouldn't have a problem with that. The QB position definitely needs to be better. But as far as KF goes, I would like to give him one more shot at this to make some changes in the offseason. If this team goes anywhere between 4-8 and 6-6, the heat will be on and he will have to do something about it. He hasn't been in this position in a while but he has shown when he is backed in a corner he makes some really good changes.

Herm Edwards just did the "right thing" at ASU and settled for 50% of his buyout....I am REALLY curious if Saint Kirk....as some of you think of him as....would do the "right thing" by the Univerisity that has made him between 75-100 million....I think 90% of you would soon find out what the "real" Kirk was all about...HIMSELF....something, a few of us on here have known for years.
What's wrong with the University doing the "right thing" and honoring it's signed contract with KF? You haters gotta hate.

Reactions: hawkeyebob62
When you limit yourself to recruiting to “pro style” QBs; you are eliminating about 90% of HS QBs. That is probably low since virtually no HS run a pro style offense in 2022. And none run KF’s idea of a pro style offense
You are so full of BS!
Of the top 20, 11 are pro style. The top 3 are pro style.

ARCH MANNING​

CLASS OF 2023​

PRO STYLE​

MALACHI NELSON​

CLASS OF 2023​

PRO STYLE​

Top Ranking By
Class & Style
SCORE:

DANTE MOORE​

CLASS OF 2023​

PRO STYLE​