ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite bands that you think most people haven't heard of...

a couple months ago Kevn Kinney hosted a benefit concert at the Fox with Drive By Truckers as headliners and “special guests” announced. Turns out the special guests were 3/4 of REM with Kevn on vocals. It was awesome.

Nice. I saw them about 7-8 years ago and they filled The Tabernacle, then 3-4 years ago for a free concert at one of the parks here. Great show, great crowd with a lot of love for them.

I don't listen to new music as a rule, I listen to 60s and some 70s music primarily. To me Drivin N Cryin and Tom Petty are the "newer" stuff I listen to.

However, because they play a lot of stuff I love on Sirius' Underground Garage, I'll occasionally pick up some of the newer bands I dig off that.

I really enjoy The Dollyrots.

The drummer from Phosphorescent was a good childhood friend of mine. We grew up on the same street.

Great list. As a Deer Tick fan, what are your thoughts on Diamond Rugs?

Good friend used to be the sound engineer for Deer Tick. Great band.

I'll submit Greensky Bluegrass but they are getting a lot of attention these days. Billy Strings is pretty amazing as well.

Nice. I saw them about 7-8 years ago and they filled The Tabernacle, then 3-4 years ago for a free concert at one of the parks here. Great show, great crowd with a lot of love for them.
I actually played with Kevn and Tim in a live radio show in 1993 promoting a concert they were playing later that night. They were cool as hell.

Reactions: Nole Lou
One of my favorite albums to this day is Hometowns by the Rural Alberta Advantage. Probably not everyone's cup of tea but imo it's a criminally underrated album. After that though everything else they made is kind of meh..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT