ADVERTISEMENT

Your phone is definitely listening to your conversations

TJ8869

HR King
Dec 7, 2006
I called tbw at 5:57pm to let her know I was on my way home and asked her if she needed me to pick up anything for her. She asked if I could get her something from Piada.

The call lasted 4 minutes and I hung up at 6:01. At 6:03 I received a text message from Piada, urging me to sign up for automated personalized marketing alerts. The last time I received any messages from Piada was November 2022.

Be careful what you talk about on your phone.

Ever get the feeling your phone is listening to your thoughts?
Black And White Vintage GIF by Fleischer Studios

It's more than that, your home network will start to provide advertisements from other devices and will distribute...too lazy to research.

You just now coming to this conclusion?

Bush signed the Patriot act. Then Obama resigned it.

I’ve just assumed that every single one of my communications is checked by my government.

You…didn’t see this coming?

• Love
Reactions: BDE420
It's more than that, your home network will start to provide advertisements from other devices and will distribute...too lazy to research.
That’s been happening for a few years and it’s worse than that. I’ve had many advertisements show up on the browser on my work desktop at my office that are very specific to things we’re considering or need to buy at home, or have recently searched on Amazon.

And I don’t do personal logins to anything on my work computer, or any work logins to my personal devices. Nothing. It just knows and it’s creepy AF.

Reactions: goldmom
That’s been happening for a few years and it’s worse than that. I’ve had many advertisements show up on the browser on my work desktop at my office that are very specific to things we’re considering or need to buy at home, or have recently searched on Amazon.

And I don’t do personal logins to anything on my work computer, or any work logins to my personal devices. Nothing. It just knows and it’s creepy AF.
I’ve had ads that clearly were triggered by keywords in text messages or Google searches. But this is the first time I’m
aware of one being triggered by something I said in a conversation.

Change your microphone permission settings, problem solved
That was the first thing I checked. I have the Piada app on my phone but it doesn’t have permission to access my microphone.

It’s almost as if the permission settings mean nothing.

I called tbw at 5:57pm to let her know I was on my way home and asked her if she needed me to pick up anything for her. She asked if I could get her something from Piada.

The call lasted 4 minutes and I hung up at 6:01. At 6:03 I received a text message from Piada, urging me to sign up for automated personalized marketing alerts. The last time I received any messages from Piada was November 2022.

Be careful what you talk about on your phone.
It’s not just listening to your phone calls. It listens to your out of pocket conversations as well.
Just in last week…

I talked about my bad back. Got a a “bad back? Email an hour later. Mentioned pizza. Dominoes email an hour later.

But the craziest one was two days ago. I had a conversation with someone about my 10 year plan of learning 65 songs on piano to start playing tiki bars. Literally an hour later I got an email talking about “Finding paying gigs” and offering up some sort of half assed representation.

No doubt.

• Wow
Reactions: seminoleed
Our friends came over last week and he drove his new GMC truck. We talked about it in the living room and the next morning I told the wife that I want to start looking at them.

A shit ton of GMC ads started hitting my phone. That day

• Wow
Reactions: seminoleed
We have plenty of examples of this we started noticing going back 10 years now. Most common one is talking about getting pizza and getting emial coupons from dominos or Pizza Hut within 30 minutes. You can almost make a game out of it.

The most incredible one was the wife and I were taking about getting decorative shutters for the house and an hour later I had a company selling shutters send me email to my WORK email. It does not bother me. Heck, sometimes I have got deals from it. It’s like subconscious shopping. I reckon the government knows about everything already so it does not freak me out.

We have come a long way from the targeted browser pop ups!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT